NHL'94 Forums

Need a genesis USB adapter in toronto

Hey guys,

I have ordered a genesis style controller. But I still need a USB adapter. I see some on Amazon.com but they won't ship to Canada. There is only ONE on Amazon.ca and it's from Quebec and it's like $40, unknown quality. Retrousb shows no stock of their genesis adapter. Will they ever have more?

Would anyone be willing to sell me something? Or have any advice on what to get?

Thx,

Colin

if you can't find one, they have that giant tournament in Toronto happening later this year. I'm sure there'll be a place where you could get an adapter during the tournament. Playing with keyboard isn't hard, you just have to get used to it.

Hey bud, not trying to be Mr. Negative but those new genesis style controllers you find all over Ebay & Amazon are complete s**t! Many people (including myself) can attest that they break veeeeeeeeery easily. I had 3 break in a week. No kidding. Then I was advised by people here to seek out a used authentic genesis controller. I did, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. The authentic genesis controllers are incredibly durable, even 20+ years old.

i will pick up an original controller as well..

So funny, I have already ordered a knock off, and the adapter, then tonight I am going to grab a crappy logitech just so I can play a buddy NOW, and then I will have to buy an original. christ, lol

Edited by LEGENDOFNHL94

Question,

The genesis controllers have 8 way D pads, correct?

But with GENS, you can only calibrate it 4 ways, is that also correct?

So, is there a difference between the original console and the emulator? Meaning, can you move diagonally in the console but not in the emulator?

I picked up a logitech gamepad, and I am assuming it is only 4 way. I have a gen knockoff that says it is 8 way (still waiting for adapter) . I will have my hands on an original genesis controller soon.

Can anyone answer this?