NHL'94 Forums

Coach's Game Room

CoachMac

Live NHL 94 Tourney finally a reality and my tickets to Toronto purchased. :)

Retrothon Eight scheduled at my place on June 20. :) www.nhl92.com

AngryJay93 is participating.

It was time to build the game room I had thought about for a number of years. :)

post-3852-0-82720900-1433993743_thumb.jp

Sony Stadium

post-3852-0-75519900-1433993786_thumb.jp

Vizio Gardens

post-3852-0-78572100-1433993818_thumb.jp

Phillips Arena

post-3852-0-44854800-1433993844_thumb.jp

post-3852-0-38809400-1433993871_thumb.jp

post-3852-0-81055400-1433993944_thumb.jp

post-3852-0-06596900-1433993916_thumb.jp

great action and concept, duder, but....it doesn't look comfortable....yet. it's so wooden and pushed to the walls that the seating and carpet situations are HUGE question marks. old games don't need big screens, but all games need comfortable seating unless you have big arcade cabinets....and often even then. I'm not trying to be negative; it is quite nice. may we see the seats?

looks like a time warp through the 70's & 80's. Faded pennants, wood everywhere, and lots of other nice vintage touches. Zamboni driver with the green shirt is notable, but that rotary phone takes the cake (even with the new cord attached). Lots of bobbleheads that are ready to fall the moment someone throws a controller. This did leave my ass wondering, where do I go? Showcase the seats Coach!

Edited by Uncle Seth

it's so wooden

I hate carpet. Nasty.

pushed to the walls

It is a narrow room, converted 3 car garage to a 2 car garage to get this room. So it is narrow.

old games don't need big screens

Agree. Screens are not big. 19" CRT, 24" CRT, and 28" LCD

may we see the seats?

Most of the time when it is just myself and my loyal Border Collie, Hope, this is what the seating looks like.

post-3852-0-53002500-1434081019_thumb.jp

When I have an Event, I will transform the room with seating for each venue.

I'll take some pics of the event on June 20 and post what it looks like then.

Yeaaaaaahhhhhh! Love it.
Damn coach, that room be looking fly. I'm coming over right now!
Awesome!
I would say that's awesome, but that'd be an understatement.
thumbs up

Thanks, I wish you could all come over and play.

Well at least AJ will be here to school me up.

Here is the Front Yard.

post-3852-0-71083100-1434082107_thumb.jp

I am loving all the attention that LIVE Tournaments are getting.

The other thing that drove me to do this was the fact that I am again without a PC. Only my 15 year old Mac for a computer, so for now I am incapable of online gaming.

Playing the games (92,93,94, TSB, RBI) on the old CRT TV's and Original Consoles has really made me appreciate them. It really is a different feel.

I found this on wikipedia and was unaware of the advantages of the old tv's.

CRTs are still popular in the printing and broadcasting industries as well as in the professional video, photography, and graphics fields due to their greater color fidelity, contrast, and better viewing from off-axis (wider viewing angle). CRTs also still find adherents in vintage video gaming because of their higher resolution per initial cost, lowest possible input lag, fast response time, and multiple native resolutions such as 576p.[citation needed] Many retro gamers also prefer to use older CRTs with lower resolutions and scan rates due to the distinct scan line effect created when displaying the 240p analog signal generated by most retro consoles.

looks like a time warp through the 70's & 80's. Faded pennants, wood everywhere, and lots of other nice vintage touches. Zamboni driver with the green shirt is notable, but that rotary phone takes the cake (even with the new cord attached). Lots of bobbleheads that are ready to fall the moment someone throws a controller. This did leave my ass wondering, where do I go? Showcase the seats Coach!

Love it Seth!

Hope you and all your clown buddies can make it over for some games sometime.

Some of the Inventory:

The pennants are all from my childhood. The Canadiens and BlackHawks ones are from 1970 and flew in my garage during the 71 Cup Finals between the 2. Atlanta Flames and Baltimore Colts are 2 of my favorites. The bobbleheads are mostly classics off of e-bay but I got a couple old ones from the 60's and 70's. Phil Niekro signed Baseball. Dan Bouchard goal stick signed by entire 1972 Flames team. 2003 Heritage Classic Banner from a bar in Edmonton (yes I went and it was great)

2 CRT TV's

1 LCD TV

1 Cassette Tape Player

2 Genesis "2"

1 Genesis "3"

1 NES

1 Original Top Loader NES

3 94 Carts

4 93 Carts (one with EA instead of EASN at Center Ice etc..)

3 92 Carts

2 TSB Carts

1 Tecmo Bowl Cart

1 RBI Baseball Cart

The Zamboni and a couple of the Players are from the old Gretzky table Hockey game I use to have and love (pre video games)

The Phone is still in use.

I do not own a cell phone and will not talk on anything without a cord attached.

I also have some old Football and Baseball games from the 60's and 70's.

I am in Minden, Nevada which is an old Cowboy town about an hour south of Reno and 15 minutes East of Lake Tahoe.

I'll post some more pics from our Live Event on June 20.

Edited by CoachMac

you need a SNES, duder. and a bubble hockey unit.

that's quite a collection and an even better view. your event should be a blast for all involved.

The room gets broken in tomorrow.

Retrothon 8

http://www.nhl92.com/

Will AngryJay run away with the 94 tourney against the local boys?

Will he be able to compete in Tecmo Super Bowl?

Possible guest appearance by Clint Malarchuk.

Picked up a third CRT TV (for free), so all games will be on CRT TV's.

Edited by CoachMac