NHL'94 Forums

What Console Will Sell out First?

McMikey

you sure did, Mac. sorry about that. I must have seen what I was expecting to see. you have my apologies.

it's not a "bucking" situation. we are a family of three living on my shitty income alone. if it made sense, I would love to be there. if the rich kids thought it important enough that I be there, I would make the serious effort to show up. it's going to be a great time and I wish i was better equipped to pull it off. I'm just being realistic. at this point, it's probably a 9.14% chance that I show.

I'm that guy in person, too. I'm a vegan, antivaccination, antireligion, anticapitalist shitstirrer. and I'm a SNES guy, so believe your aunt Mary Margaret when she says I'm the devil. I say things like "beer is for pussies" and "baseball is for pussies." I quote lines like "guns only enslave you....and Jesus can't save you." I have a very high IQ and I am matter-of-fact about the things I have come to believe, even if it rubs 90% of the room the wrong way. somehow I've never been beat up. I bet somebody would give it a go if I showed up.

believe it or don't: I am a very kind and intelligent and giving person, even when I don't have much to offer.

Edited by tru

yeah, IceHole, please do go back to ignoring me; it's not like you've ever added anything of import to the conversations I partake in around here. well, maybe once, but that's not much of a loss. I'm sorry you have to add my new profile to your ignore list, but it'll be worth it.

related sidenote: I keep walking away from my old profile when it gets to 1994 posts, but then more from whenever ago get deleted and I go back to it. this time I somehow failed to get 1994 and saddled myself with the awkward 1995 count. I wonder if I posted too many times or if one of them came back from the board graveyard.

Err why are you anti vaccination? The others, I lean that way, too (too lazy to be vegetarian or vegan, though; capitalism needs to be controlled to serve us rather than eat us, we should know better after 2008), but the anti vaccination movement is without merit, to put it kindly. Don't endanger your kids and others' kids like that. Taking part in the herd immunity is definitely for the benefit of all, and the risks are basically fantasy, paranoia.

I am almost the exact opposite of you in every way.

Especially the IQ part. :exciting:

(Humor)

I assume you are in the East.

Get to Buffalo, and I'll give you a ride to Toronto and drop you off at a youth hostel, Motel 6, or you can sleep in a box.

All the places, anticapitalist, antireligion, anti everything people hang out and I am headed down to a luxury suite at the Delta. :D

(Humor)

I'll pay your entry fee and not let anyone beat you up.

Is your sh---y income possibly related to your Attitude?

Just asking?

Edited by CoachMac

too much to get into, but here's a little bit of it:

-how is an unvaccinated person a threat to somebody who is vaccinated unless vaccines aren't doing what they are supposed to do?

-they are almost all full of heavy metals that a small body must deal with, often poorly

-they contain things no vegan would allow inside them

-they hurt so many millions of people that there are special courts, run by those advocating for all to have vaccines, paying huge compensatory "awards" to the parents of the killed and injured

-it's decent science corrupted by an industry out of control

it's right that exposure to small amounts of virus, bacteria, disease can cause the immune system to learn to fight the problem, but injected metals and preservatives and fetal material and imprecise amounts of all of that are a great risk to a human. the baby's momma straight studies this stuff every day, so I could be further educated on the topic, but it was a simple conclusion for me. the risks greatly outweigh the benefits, even if the statistics that would support that are belittled and suppressed at all turns by governments somehow pleased by making us all dumber with fluoride and mercury and a variety of other serious toxins.

I very much believe I was greatly harmed by the vaccines that were forced on me without my consent and without the informed consent of my parents. I chart on the "autism spectrum," which isn't to claim I'm autistic, but more that I am not what I could have been were I not forced to fight off things no natural baby would encounter at a crucial stage of physical and mental development.

I think that's enough for now, but I would be willing to further explore it with you, Smoz, for you for sure are an intelligent man and I do not think you would dismiss my claims outright through prejudice nor ridicule of a belief system that you do not share.

alright, Mac. I shall look into getting to Buffafalo and having the needed paperwork to cross twice. don't buy the entry until/unless I figure out a way to be where you'd need me to be. it's over five hundred miles from my home and it would take nine hours by car or about $400.00 by airplane -- neither of these options is exactly reasonable for my own fun, which I put far below the needs of those dependent upon full use of my income. I'll claim now that it is still less than a 15% chance, but your generosity and kindness has bumped it up significantly. thank you, sir!

There's a reason there's a significant overlap between anti-vaccers and homeopaths: confirmation bias. If there were a real link between autism and vaccines, it would be proven by now.

But main point due to its external consequences:

"-how is an unvaccinated person a threat to somebody who is vaccinated unless vaccines aren't doing what they are supposed to do?"

Vaccinations are often effective to a certain percent/probability. So when everyone is say 95% immune to the measles (or 95% of those vaccinated are immune), if someone manages to get the measles, it is unlikely to spread. But when you have unvaccinated people, first they are more likely to get it to begin with, which makes them a danger to those around them. On top of that, if someone who is vaccinated happens to get it, the unvaccinated person is more likely to get it. On top of that, the anti-vaccinators tend to group up (someone started a vaccination-free daycare in my city, for example), and then you have a nice little measles time bomb. One gets it, then they all get it, then they start spreading it to the unlucky vaccinated kids. There's an incubation time when the infection can be transmitted but symptoms don't show. Infected, pre-symptomatic kid goes to soccer or the park or whatever and puts all the other kids at risk, their parents, etc.

It's selfish and dangerous, purely for the benefit of the parents. If a kid gets the measles, that'll probably give them some developmental delays, too.

I think it's hilarious that the measles are the rallying cry. the fucking measles?! sure, it can be dangerous to those with extremely weak immune systems, but most people get it and get over it like getting the "chicken pox" herpes virus. ask your grandparents and/or parents if the measles are something to worry about. so funny. so the slight risk of slight disability form extremely rare measles effects are somehow worse than the very real threat of harm of toxic metals injected into infants? do you know what SIDS is?

"tend to group up" is something I have not experienced, but I guess that is an extreme example of how it could be potentially slightly dangerous. however, the real science is that vaccinated individuals generally are better carriers of these illnesses and do not rally through the disease, but instead hold it for much longer, exposing many more people, often for years or entire lives.

oh, man... your post is quite funny, but I'm sure you are serious and feel informed. I do not mean to belittle your position -- I really don't -- but it reads a lot like "terrorists that couldn't pass Cessna flight training used commercial planes to pull impossible maneuvers to hit and collapse skyscrapers designed to withstand such disasters, making them freefall just like as if the buildings were nuked in the basement, hit with starwars-era lasers and then taken down floor-at-a-time as if by carefully placed thermate/thermite charges and I believe this because the governments involved would never pressure Popular Science magazine to lie to the masses to help justify a profitable war for the benefit of the already rich and violent."

Edited by tru

etc./Premium/Ghana Boy is my onlag handle, used to partake in the fun whole still holding the stance that I do not do so. it's a believable character, right? performance art, really.

and, yeah, Mac, to your edited-in question, I do believe my refusal to fellate the egos of the rich and powerful and to network with the real devils of our world does hold me back, financially. I'd rather be content with my morality and live an upper-poor-class life than give myself brain cancer by being unable to justify my beliefs against my actions. I believe in the innate rights of the sentient beings among us and that resources should not be consolidation to profit from their denials and dispensary in controlled distribution within a system that oppresses the "99%."

Edited by tru

That's funny because I see anti-vaccers and -fluoriders as the same "jet fuel can't melt steel beams! it was an inside job!" conspiracy theoryism ;)

Measles is the canary in the coal mine (and my scenario is entirely plausible, because that's how herd immunity works / breaks). Spain just had a diptheria case (unvaccinated -- parents have since changed their minds about this vaccination thing). Ask your grandparents about whooping cough. This idea of long-term vaccinated carriers being a danger is kind of weird considering how the recent outbreaks always seem to be related to unvaccinated individuals.

Anyway, leaving it at that, it just turns into a Gish Gallop.

actually, recent cases usually involve only the vaccinated and "undetermined status" individuals. they use that category to suggest and allow inferences, but there are almost never any unvaccinated folks involved, but that doesn't stop the claims from being made in the giant game of telephone that our news media has become. verification is not really a thing anymore, because that slows the story down and dissuades from hype and sensationalism and fearmongering. these diseases aren't even really making the comebacks suggested, as many just weren't reported/tracked while they were assumed to have been eradicated. now one case pops up on the other side of the world and everybody takes note. the rates are actually lower and it really takes serious scouring to find these sparse examples that are used to prop up the hate against those exercising their freedoms. it is a witch hunt, a snipe hunt with scapegoats and straw men and it is quite sad.

I'd bet you didn't know that most vaccines given are for diseases and infections already statistically declined to near immeasurably low values, of which many have actually increased since the doctors have been incentivized to push these live-load injections on the susceptible. the whole industry profits from continued doctor visits and insurance billing, so they actually would prefer that you were exposed to things that would seems like great "cures" but actually give you a variety of medical complications. the baby's momma was just hours ago talking to a very much opposing sister who without a hint of irony suggested that it was horrible that dentists would push "capping" on children's teeth, ensuring routine followups, replacements and rebilling to benefit the office and the insurance companies both. health is not profitable. natural cures and plant-based remedies are hard to patent. do you also support the efforts of Monsanto and Halliburton, or just Merck and Pfizer?

Edited by tru

and, yeah, Mac, to your edited-in question, I do believe my refusal to fellate the egos of the rich and powerful and to network with the real devils of our world does hold me back, financially. I'd rather be content with my morality and live an upper-poor-class life than give myself brain cancer by being unable to justify my beliefs against my actions. I believe in the innate rates of the sentient beings among us and that resources should not be consolidation to profit from their denials and dispensary in controlled distribution within a system that oppresses the "99%."

Tru and I on our journey to Toronto.

This is so stupid why doesn't everyone just save their money and stay home ....there is no chance in hell kg doesn't run away with the title ...u keyboard freaks to no good has beens just hand me the title now ...I'm the goat and you pathetic mineons will all realize my superiority and gods gifts on September 12 where I will retire with the belt ....now no amount of vaccines can protect u from the fact kg will go viral :) now shut up and go to bed :)

Can someone sum up the differences between the 2 versions?

check out bo knows everything. lots of information there.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/forum/172-boknowseverything/

This is so stupid why doesn't everyone just save their money and stay home ....there is no chance in hell kg doesn't run away with the title ...u keyboard freaks to no good has beens just hand me the title now ...I'm the goat and you pathetic mineons will all realize my superiority and gods gifts on September 12 where I will retire with the belt ....now no amount of vaccines can protect u from the fact kg will go viral :) now shut up and go to bed :)

classic KG. too bad irl i will own you :D

I'm very impressed with the development of this thread..

What's the current count at? I've been doing my part to solicit the registration of several SNES players, all of whom are of high skill level but have never played on this site. I predict there will be a great many more of these non-site players than originally expected.

I just find it really weird that anyone would have played GENS 94 growing up because I find the idea really difficult to understand that you would choose the Gens system over a SNES. How could you grow up (with or without vaccines) with no Mario World, mario kart - hell, even mario paint - in your life?? Just too bizarre for me to understand. SNES goona get it done!

This thread was hijacked for a while. But I was reading it and liking what I'd seen. Actual debates about important topics without people getting emotional (aka panties in a bunch).....it's not an easy thing to do. Is there an "other" section of forums somewhere on the site, for those of us who are "one of those types of people" ?

Is there an "other" section of forums somewhere on the site, for those of us who are "one of those types of people" ?

I always thought this would be a good idea... a section to post anything non-94/non-hockey related

Edited by Wittgenstein