NHL'94 Forums

PP and TRU Kickstarter

CoachMac

Someone needs to start a Kickstarter Campaign to get these 2 _________ (you fill in the blank)

to Toronto for the Live Tournament.

PP is coming from Ghana and TRU from United States of Amorica.

So it may be expensive.

Plenty of time to get a Passport.

Questions need to be answered.

Yeah, I live in Ottawa. I am around 5'8 in height and I think 120lbs. I'm not going to any tournament where the entry fee is $45 and is five hours drive away from my home. I will probably go to the University of Toronto next year, so look for me then.

Yeah, I live in Ottawa. I am around 5'8 in height and I think 120lbs. I'm not going to any tournament where the entry fee is $45 and is five hours drive away from my home. I will probably go to the University of Toronto next year, so look for me then.

Ottawa is very close to Toronto in relative terms. Contrary to popular belief, it is not a 5 hour drive. I regularly drive to Mississauga, which is on the other side of Toronto, in 4.5 hours. You just have to avoid hitting Toronto during rush hour. Just throw on a couple good podcasts, and you have a nice, enjoyable road trip.

For an event of this stature, there is no excuse not to attend. Think of how far other people have to travel!

Unfortunately I cannot offer you a ride. Car is full.

If ur going through university of Toronto next year that would mean I'd be here for the tournament? ....next year in school terms is September .....see I just solved it all detective KG is always here for the community

lol even if you can speed all the way down to Mississauga.. doesn't change the fact that it is still 5 hrs from my house. It's far.

Fair enough. I just want to meet more Ottawa bro's so we can set up tournaments and I have an excuse to go out and play the game more.

I'm not sure how much say Plabax has in going, so let's not everyone bug him about it

I don't think we're bugging him smo, trying to make it easier for him to show up.

If it's due to parents not letting him then ya we'll stop

good stuff, but it's just one state. (within another, really.)

seriously, though: is a passport needed? I'm currently in the US and I've never been to Canadia. it really would take the generosity of others to make it work for me; I'm just nowhere near being able to make it happen on my family's current budget, even if I do my best to squirrel away as much cash as popsicle after being gifted an entrance coverage.

I'm glad you think I need/deserve to be schooled by the best of the best and i would like to be there, but it is not a reasonable dream to hold, for it would come at the expense of others, which is a situation that I do not wish for.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/td-dv-eng.html

Seems like you don't *have* to have a passport, but it's a good idea. Ensure you also know what you need to get back into the USA, as I have read before that that can be a hassle. Where's the amorica, US border agents? Where's the amorica?

I don't WANT to go because of the conditions. For me, it's not worth it imo.

Eh, its probably not a big deal anyways if Plabax stays home. Chances are hes not gonna win the tourney and I wouldnt be surprised if he got bopped in qualifiers.

good stuff, but it's just one state. (within another, really.)

seriously, though: is a passport needed? I'm currently in the US and I've never been to Canadia. it really would take the generosity of others to make it work for me; I'm just nowhere near being able to make it happen on my family's current budget, even if I do my best to squirrel away as much cash as popsicle after being gifted an entrance coverage.

I'm glad you think I need/deserve to be schooled by the best of the best and i would like to be there, but it is not a reasonable dream to hold, for it would come at the expense of others, which is a situation that I do not wish for.

Tru, I would suggest getting a U.S. Passport Card as it is a cheaper option then getting a full passport. This would only work if you took a bus, car or some other sort of land transportation. If you plan on flying you will NEED a full passport. The issue from my recent experience is not getting into Canada as they are typically fairly relaxed about Americans coming in.Getting back to America is the real bugger as they are the ones demanding a Passport Card or Full Passport to re-enter.

Eh, its probably not a big deal anyways if Plabax stays home. Chances are hes not gonna win the tourney and I wouldnt be surprised if he got bopped in qualifiers.

I was thinking.. low chance but it is possible a scrub could win this tournament. I have found out what the home advantage really does; it gives larger hot/cold boosts and sometimes makes it virtually impossible to lose by locking the other team from scoring. The all-star teams have a weak home/away for this. A weak home/away deactivates the luck! To prove it, try playing as Chicago with a weak advantage. You will see they are not so good anymore.

Theoretically, a noob can end up winning all his/her home games simply because the advantage works with him/her. Imagine that.

The tournament should use hacked cartridges to get rid of this. I don't like the idea of someone getting "bopped" by a scrub in a best-of-1.

Edited by Premium

but... that is the game and the idea is to play the classic game, right? a big tournament with hacks would be awesome, but I don't think you'd get the turnout because people would question their abilities within a game they are less than familiar with.

Unfortunately I cannot offer you a ride. Car is full.

you driving other buds down? or is it your entourage?

side note: ill be in toronto early (6:30am)...where's the best place for breakfast downtown?

http://yamchops.com/

does anybody else find it to be hilarious when Husbands And BoyfriendS calls somebody else a troll? he's the trolliest person posting in this thread, for sure.

as for paying me to stay home, shall I PM you my mailing address or would you like to do an electronic funds transfer? I'd say US$68.42 is fair.

I was thinking.. low chance but it is possible a scrub could win this tournament. I have found out what the home advantage really does; it gives larger hot/cold boosts and sometimes makes it virtually impossible to lose by locking the other team from scoring. The all-star teams have a weak home/away for this. A weak home/away deactivates the luck! To prove it, try playing as Chicago with a weak advantage. You will see they are not so good anymore.

Theoretically, a noob can end up winning all his/her home games simply because the advantage works with him/her. Imagine that.

The tournament should use hacked cartridges to get rid of this. I don't like the idea of someone getting "bopped" by a scrub in a best-of-1.

If I understand my notes from years ago correctly:

For the home team:

Home relative away skill is used as a modifier to

• offensive awareness
  • defensive awareness

Home skill gives a bonus to

• shot accuracy
  • pass accuracy
  • stick handling

Opponent's Away skill (or suckitude) gives a bonus to

• Shooting bias (home team AI shoots more if road team sucks on the road)

I think the Away team gets no modifiers based on home/away.

The magnitude of difference for the offensive/defensive awareness can be up to as much as a 1 point difference in the player's actual rating, but will usually be smaller (I think you add the home and away advantages, so a strong home (2) team vs a brutal road team (3 -- Only OTT, FLA, ANH are this bad) will have a bonus of 5, but the player's actual OfA/DfA rating is multiplied by 5. When it comes to the shot and pass accuracy and stick handling, it's as much as 40% of +1 to the attribute.

That's all it's used for, from what I could tell a few years ago when I looked into it with code traces.

I really don't think there's any kind of 'locking', it's just luck, the Sega game is really random. I think it's virtually impossible for a noob to win the tourney, although a 2nd-rate player like me could "possibly" win it.

SNES has a glaring speed/acceleration bonus, but I'm not sure it's tied to advantages. put a bunch of slow scrubs out to test it and you will find a fast right wing or left defenseman out of nowhere.