NHL'94 Forums

League Proposal

so what if somebody puts "$18" next to every name and ends up with Joe Mullen because others forgot him or only bid "$1" for him? seems fair.

so what if somebody puts "$18" next to every name and ends up with Joe Mullen because others forgot him or only bid "$1" for him? seems fair.

Then Joe Mullen is not worth having

I haven't decided on that. If you allow for any amount, then you might steal a player from another guy by bidding a dollar more. Some guys might like this, while others would hate it. I have no preference myself. In Kiba's league, the increments were only $1 if I remember correctly. It worked fine there. The only reason I'm including the minimums is to avoid having teams pick up star players for nothing if they didn't get any offers during the bidding phase.

My thought is make cap like $200 and you can only bid in the $1 increments. Simple = cleaner IMO

My thought is make cap like $200 and you can only bid in the $1 increments. Simple = cleaner IMO

Good point. I'll make it so that the minimum is 1% of your budget. Therefore, the minimum salary with be $2, and each category above this will increase by $1.

It seems like enough people have shown interest that we might be able to do this. I'll put a signup sheet here for anyone who wants to join up. I've also listed the guys who have shown interest, but I'll still need to confirm that they want in. If we go forward we'll have a short season (each team plays a 2 or 3 game series depending on the number of teams that sign up) followed by an 8 team playoff. I want to make this a short season seeing that GDL and Blitz dragged on far too long. Therefore, the playoffs will be best of 3.

Please don't sign up if you can't make time to play. I'll let up to 12 teams play, but I'd accept 8 teams as a minimum. If we have only 8 teams, then each team will make the playoffs, but your record will determine your seeding.

Coach
1 - skeletor [confirmed]
2 - CamKneely [interested]
3 - IceStorm [interested]
4 - Labs_66 [interested]
5 - Seano [interested]
6 - Wallywojo [confirmed]
7 - Premium [interested]
8 -
---------------------
Edited by Skeletor

Is there any compensation for a coach who finishes last? For the following season, I mean.

I'm not sure, but I'm open to suggestions. I wasn't planning on having any because we aren't doing a draft. The only thing that I can come up with off the top of my head would be a bump in salary, but I'm not a fan of that.

Just an update.

Thanks to every who showed interest and provided suggestions. Although there wasn't a huge amount of interest generated, I think enough guys showed interest to make this possible. We could round up some more guys if we wanted to go forward. However, at this point in time, I think I'll postpone the league. It seems that Blitz and possibly GDL will be starting up soon. I don't think that it would be the best time to start a brand new league when these other ones are going on at the same time. My initial plan was to try and start the league during a "lull" in the more established leagues. I wasn't expecting Blitz and GDL to start up so soon following my proposal.

For the record, I still want to go ahead with this, but I'll just hold off until there is less going on with the site.