TOOL: SNES '94 Roster Tool


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Stefan said:

Thanks.

When I load it up I only get about 30 players and a small portion of the teams.

Also could you set it up where if I adjust players stats the overall rating adjusts real time?

 

Please show me an example of your issue. What rom are you using?

I'm not sure how easy that would be to make the overall rating dynamic. I will have to see.

I just tried it with the default SNES 94 ROM and it works fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...

I think it's because my NHL rom isn't headerless.

Is there some way to make it headerless without screwing everything up?

 

Also I take it you never got around to making the overall ratings dynamic, huh?

Edited by Stefan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stefan said:

I think it's because my NHL rom isn't headerless.

Is there some way to make it headerless without screwing everything up?

 

Also I take it you never got around to making the overall ratings dynamic, huh?

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/593/ -- this can remove the header

or use a Hex editor and I think the header is obvious if you compare between headered and headerless ROMs. I think it's the first 0200 bytes, they're all 00000...?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smozoma said:

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/593/ -- this can remove the header

or use a Hex editor and I think the header is obvious if you compare between headered and headerless ROMs. I think it's the first 0200 bytes, they're all 00000...?

Turns out I don't need to remove the header afterall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Stefan said:

Also I take it you never got around to making the overall ratings dynamic, huh?

Since this is a CSV file, and not exported as an excel file, there is no way to reliably add a formula to make the ratings dynamic. You can search on the forums here for the calculation and add it to your spreadsheet yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note, this tool only works (currently) with SMC headered ROMs. I will update this soon to work with headerless ROMs as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @chaos you mentioned the  SNES ROM Editor by Statto but I haven't been able to find one that works with Windows 10. I've been looking for the past week but only found one from 2010 I believe and it did not open on my computer after installation. Am I doing something wrong or just not using the correct ROM Editor? Btw the Roster Import Tool is AWESOME! Thank you for that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kidswasted said:

Hi @chaos you mentioned the  SNES ROM Editor by Statto but I haven't been able to find one that works with Windows 10. I've been looking for the past week but only found one from 2010 I believe and it did not open on my computer after installation. Am I doing something wrong or just not using the correct ROM Editor? Btw the Roster Import Tool is AWESOME! Thank you for that!

Right click the editor and go to properties. Go to compatibility then click windows xp. 

 

Thats what I did for the editor and it worked

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stefan said:

Right click the editor and go to properties. Go to compatibility then click windows xp. 

 

Thats what I did for the editor and it worked

That worked! Thank you sir!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chaos said:

@Stefan I updated the Tool, download the Setup file from the first post. It should work now no problems.

yes, it works, thank you.

For the purpose of quick copy and pasting can I somehow remove the overall rating in the SNES csv, since the genesis one doesn't have it, or will that ruin it when I upload it?

Right now I have to copy a certain section > paste - then copy another section > paste.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Stefan said:

yes, it works, thank you.

For the purpose of quick copy and pasting can I somehow remove the overall rating in the SNES csv, since the genesis one doesn't have it, or will that ruin it when I upload it?

Right now I have to copy a certain section > paste - then copy another section > paste.

It will ignore the overall rating, so you can leave it in or remove it, your call.

EDIT: Actually this may be wrong (you might get an error). So, what you can do in your spread sheet is copy over everyone, then once you're done, add an 'Ovr' column between JNo and Wgt. Then, save as a CSV file. Make sure before you save CSV that all the fields on your spreadsheet are "Text" format, not "General".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chaos said:

It will ignore the overall rating, so you can leave it in or remove it, your call.

EDIT: Actually this may be wrong (you might get an error). So, what you can do in your spread sheet is copy over everyone, then once you're done, add an 'Ovr' column between JNo and Wgt. Then, save as a CSV file. Make sure before you save CSV that all the fields on your spreadsheet are "Text" format, not "General".

Ok, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online