NHL'94 Forums

SNES-A Finals: AngryJay vs Oilers

chaos

We got the series in bud and I didn't let Oilers sweep the playoffs but that was about all I could manage.

Congratulations to Oilers on his season and Cup win. He was easily the most dominate player this season and his victory to end it all should be of no surprise. He did it in his usual style where he frustrates the opposing offense and then takes advantage of them with an offense that is very careful in picking their spots.

I thought I was playing well enough to push him to 7 games, just a couple of situations where Oilers managed to take advantage of a break he received as opposed to myself. That's playoff hockey and Oilers still had to make the plays to convert which he did with ruthless efficiency.

Congratulations again to Oilers, just watch your back next season. I'm a comin for that chalice of yours!

Thanks everyone for a great season and for the compliments!! It was great to get to come back as a replacement and be allowed to use Edmonton again as well...thanks Chaos/Halifax for letting me do so!! I was able to knock out 31 games in 2 weeks to make a mad dash to qualify for the playoffs and then continue on to the eventual Stanley Cup victory. Would have liked to have gotten all 40 in for sure and to have seen everyone else have been able to do so as well. Hopefully this is something that can/will be addressed next season if possible.

AJ, thanks for a great series. You played really hard and had me second guessing a lot of what I was doing during the series with breakouts and offensive strategies. I was very nervous heading into the series and even though it only went for 5 games, it was definitely a lot closer than the final results indicated. Boston is not quite as tough to play as say LA or Pitt, but still enough of a pain. Neely, Ruzicka, and Bourque certainly didn't make anything easy for me as the series wore on.

Thankfully, I had the Oilers again this season. I can't say enough about how good they mesh together as a unit. I had an absolute blast using them and it has been amazing to win not 1, but 2 championships with them. #simpson3:16

It's still an incredible thing to be playing this game 20+ years after its release and trying to spread the love as often as possible to everyone who either has never experienced it yet or is simply unaware of the following it still has after so long. Since December 2010, this game in its online form has kept me afloat during some extremely dark times and also has been there during some very joyful days as well. I remember one very dark night in February 2014 when I was down about some personal issues relating to a soon to be ex-gf and questioning my own existence. I wrote in the SNES superbuds chat that night that I hoped that NHL 94 would exist in heaven if I was able to make it there and that I would get to play it all with you in person someday. While that still may likely be a while away, at the very least, we're all together in this community and can relate to one another and most importantly, get to share our respect and admiration for one another and our passion for this game and all that it has done for us.

For the love of the game...

-Oilers442

Edited by Oilers442

You're the man, Oilers! Don't ever change bud.

A few points-

- I do agree about Boston being not quite as tough as Pitt or LA but I think the B's are the best, most balanced team in the game. All three of those teams are tough as nails.

-I'm thinking of altering my style a bit to try and mimic your clog the middle defensive strategy. You've got it down to a science.

-AJ, I gotta hand it to you bud. I knew I was in tough against you in the semis and as much as I hated losing in 7 to a GENS guy, you are a great dude and very worthy SNES competitor.

Edited by Bob Kudelski

Congrats Oilers!

You deserve it. Best player right now, I think that's fact. I wish we had had a chance to face off this season but I couldn't win my games.

Congrats to angryjay as well who is a pretty deadly opponent for a GENS convert. :D

Great season in general guys, I'm still annoyed I couldn't do a better job at defending my title, but playing with you buds is always a pleasure.