NHL'94 Forums

Emulation versus console

I am registered for the tourney in Toronto i September. I am assuming it is on a console. I do not really play on an emulator, but figured I would try to give it a go because then I can get some practice in online. Step 1 is getting the emulator going, step 2 is some practice games online.

To you, how different does playing on a console feel compared with emulated play on a PC?

I ask because to me it feels substantially different. And I do not mean playing someone online, where internet lag may be a factor. I am still at Step 1 -- have't tried online yet. I mean straight up playing the computer. It just feels different to me. For instance, I can score at will doing the deke on the console (against the computer), but on the emulator, my timing is off and I miss all the time? On my PC, I do not use a real Sega controller, I use some SNES imitation thingy (see "buffalo classic usb gamepad"). So that is a factor, but I don't think that is it?

Thoughts?

I do notice a difference for sure. 99% of my 94 playing time has been on emulator, and I find that I mess up easy goals more often on console rather than emulator. I don't use a genesis controller, but even when I do on emulator, it still feels different. Also, console looks much more crisp compared to emulator.

Emulator is the best because of freedom of controller choice.

#celebratepride #dpad #keyboard # analog