NHL'94 Forums

Playoff predictions (either league)

The Deer

OK I know a couple of series have already gotten underway, but I still think there should be a thread where some people can make some playoff predictions! Seriously, what are playoffs without making some predictions? There's nothing like making predictions on best-of-seven series (OK so getting laid is better, I lie), so here goes!

Oh, and I don't know about you guys, but one thing I'm not gonna do is make any predictions on my own series, that's just askin for trouble no matter what you predict.

OK here goes:

WALES CONFERENCE

(1) Montreal vs (8) Buffalo

No disrespect at all to Blurb, very solid player, but Montreal is a machine.

Prediction: Montreal in FOUR

(2) NY Rangers vs (7) Hartford

There was a fair difference between these two in the standings, but in the many exhis they played, the games were pretty close from what I remember hearing. Schwartz will step up his play in the playoffs, and has already surprised by winning the first game. But "the kid" still has too much skill, and I'm still callin him in six games, albeit six tight ones.

Prediction: NY Rangers in SIX

(3) Boston vs (6) Washington

VERY good series coming up here folks, the best of the series in the east I would say. Two guys that I think are pretty evenly-matched players, and possibly the two best defensive players in the league. I predict an extremely close series, with at least an OT game or two. I'm gonna call the Bruins in six, but it wouldn't surprise me THAT much to see Washington pull off the upset either.

Prediction: Boston in SIX

CAMPBELL CONFERENCE

(1) Edmonton vs (8) San Jose

What makes this one difficult to call is that we haven't seen Rucinsky around in like two months. If he plays, I think he gives Edmonton a solid series. If he doesn't, who does play as San Jose for this series? Or does another team (LA maybe) get the playoff spot? Anyway we'll assume Rucinsky is still out there, and I'll say Edmonton in six.

Prediction: Edmonton in SIX

(2) Chicago vs (7) Rudy

This might be the best series of them all! McMarkis and Rudy are VERY evenly-matched players, and I'm gonna say that this one goes down to the wire, a seven-gamer. Five outta seven games will be decided by one goal.

Prediction: Chicago in SEVEN

(3) Detroit vs (6) St Louis

Another potentially great series between two great players. Cajanek has ripped it up since getting the new controller, but I still think Slimeball is the sleeper player of this league, and is gonna surprise some people in these playoffs. St Louis puts up a great fight, but Detroit in SIX

Prediction: Detroit in SIX

(4) Dallas vs (5) Winnipeg

Goin Dallas in this one, in five games.

Ack I picked the higher seed in every series, that's kinda boring, I went thru them thinking that I should have at least one upset, but I couldn't pick one that I wouldn't be just picking the upset for the sake of picking the upset. I guess Washington and Vancouver are my "upset picks" if there are any.

Gen league:

Wales:

first round winners will be the four top seeds

Phil, Montreal, Bos, NYI

all 4 of these guys are very good players, but I think Philly will beat Montreal in the finals.

Cambell:

Dallas has already taken out Calgary. I think the other top seeds will win (sorry James :D:lol:)

I think Dallas will beat Toronto in the 2nd round, Detroit over SJ. Then Dallas over Detroit

Cup Finals Dallas over Philly

Gen league:

Wales:

first round winners will be the four top seeds

Phil, Montreal, Bos, NYI

all 4 of these guys are very good players, but I think Philly will beat Montreal in the finals.

Cambell:

Dallas has already taken out Calgary. I think the other top seeds will win (sorry James :D:lol:)

I think Dallas will beat Toronto in the 2nd round, Detroit over SJ. Then Dallas over Detroit

Cup Finals Dallas over Philly

no disrespect over your prediction skills, and at the risk of jinxing my own series, you are way off base about nyi. he's a great player, and we are having a tough series, but i dont see why the whale wont prevail. uhh.