NHL'94 Forums

I want gdl 1-5 history :(

TomKabs93

I know people say some guy dmitry or something has the 1-5 history and deleted them or something, but there's really no way anybody has some sort of playoff tree or something?

I just want to know who beat who in the playoffs from way back then. More than just who won the finals

If you can help me out I'll pay you back with my eternal gratitude

Here's a little bit:

GDL 01 - TakeYourPill (def. angryjay93 in 6) - Feb'07
GDL 02 - EricAnthony (def. kgman in 5) - Oct'07
GDL 03 - kgman (def. angryjay93 in 7) - Mar'08
GDL 04 - angryjay93 (def. IceStorm in ?) - Sep'08
GDL 05 - swos (def.IceStorm in 5) - Jan'09
GDL 06 - kgman (def. jrodimus in 4) - Jan'10
GDL 07 - Carse (def. FlamingPavelBure in 7) - Jun'10
GDL 08 - Freydey (def. Carse in 6) - Aug'11
GDL 09 - TomKabs (def. Carse in 6) - Jan'13
GDL 10 - swos - (def. IceStorm in 7) - Nov'13
GDL 11 - Plabax - (def. Zalex in 6) - Jun'14
GDL 12 - Freydey - (def. Plabax in 7) - Jun'15

There may be some hints of standings/playoffs when you read through the GDL discussion and game recap threads. For example, here's a snapshot of season 02 standings:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/3435-current-playoff-standings/#entry16381

And Final GDL04 standings:

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/7528-final-gdl-4-standings/

Anyway....some great reading on the game recaps. Carse, FPB, EA,...lots of online bitching, lol.

From the Wayback Machine TK has been able to get some info.

On another note I was also able to see 3 different seasons of Classic that are no longer on nhl94online.com, along with the NHL 94 Cup Chase tournament. The old forums looks nice too.

I found all of the gdl 1-5 playoffs scattered through tons of old gdl discussion and game recap threads. I'm gonna post each as an individual thread in a few mins

I am only missing a few series game count. I have who won them all. If any of you old fogies can remember how many games one of the series with an unknown game count went, post in the corresponding thread and I'll edit and fix

I had the time of my life looking at these old playoffs for the first time. Some really great stuff.

Edited by TomKabs93

From the Wayback Machine TK has been able to get some info.

On another note I was also able to see 3 different seasons of Classic that are no longer on nhl94online.com, along with the NHL 94 Cup Chase tournament. The old forums looks nice too.

There are a few seasons that are missing, more than 3 actually.

I took over the site around 2008, and redid the whole database from scratch and reconfigured the site pages. The first league that was run on the rebooted site was Fall 2009. I manually uploaded the Spring 2008 and Spring 2009 stats.

Spring 2008 was run by Addisonbr and Halifax, Fall 2008 run by metzgerism and Statto, Spring 2009 run by Statto.

Here's a link to the Spring 2008 site - http://www.planetrogers.com/ClassicSpring08.htm

Unfortunately, Fall 2008 was run differently, with everyone posting their scores from the games in the Confirm Scores forum. It is a mess!

Here's a link to the Spring 2009 site - http://www.stattosoftware.com/nhl94/

I was able to get the Spring 2008 and 2009 stats from Statto and addisonbr, that's why they were included. Since Fall 08 was a clusterf**k of posts in the Confirm Scores thread, I never bothered with it.

94online had been running since 2005 though, so there are many seasons that are not up on there. I do have some of the old season data, somewhere.....

• 6 months later...

You know, I've been wanting to see the records for those oldest seasons for a while now. I can't believe I didn't think of trying the Wayback Machine until I saw this thread. Anyway, great to see those old standings, mainly cuz I was on top. :P Granted, I lost in the playoffs each season, but.........sigh, good times.