NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 11 Trade Talk

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HFD trades Ronnie Francis to SJ for Pat Verbeek.

Lupz to confirm.

Confirmed

Jesus christ....just give dcicon the B title already. Sandstrom, Recchi, Larmer.

Meanwhile, hokkee has to figure out how to score with Peter Bondra and Tommy Soderstrom.

I'm not vetoing or anything, it's just always painful to watch hokkee destroy his team every season of every draft league. Also a little unfair to the B guys as dcicon is a favorite to win there.

Last season I had all hokkee trades subject to review. Since it is my last season as commish & you guys were doing a re-start next season, I decided not to monitor it.

Perhaps anyone putting him in their draft league might want to review last season compared to all other draft seasons for the hokster & see if it's worth the review or not. I think it had a positive effect.

Also, while sandstorm is an elite scoring machine, Bondra & housley do give a LOT of speed. I felt dicky already had a large edge on talent regardless of that trade.

TO NYR : T. Sandstrom, S. Larmer, D. Bodger

TO VAN : P. Housley, P. Bondra, P. Stastny

TO NYR : 1.16, 4.15, 8.1

TO VAN : 2.4, 3.2, 8.2

Looking at the picks involved had this trade of happened prior to the draft I think it would be deemed pretty even.

Generally, the top 10-12 cost a lot more than after that for pricing of draft picks, so to try to compare 1.10 to 1.16 in a vacuum isn't going to come out even, and it's possible you over paid! (not even really reviewing your deal)

I personally would rather have Bondra & Housley over Larmer & Sandstrom to play with.

Not sure WHO most would do better with, and I usually like bruisers for defensemen, but I'm not a Larmer fan, and wouldn't have traded for him in the first place, drafted him, etc. Hokkee already had Bure, so the UP, DOWN, UP, DOWN on the trading without ever get the "better" of the trading "values" is where he loses by the time trade #10, #11, & #12 come up.

I think he started w/ Bure and a stronger supporting cast than he's ending after his 80 trades with in Bondra & Housley, but time will tell.

TO NYR : 1.16, 4.15, 8.1

TO VAN : 2.4, 3.2, 8.2

Looking at the picks involved had this trade of happened prior to the draft I think it would be deemed pretty even.

Four of those picks are protects.. Nice try :P

Edited by Premium

TEAM is way better than before ,it feels good. How many other teams have two 6 speeds? ONE ,jnj
housely adds a HUUUUGE plus to any team ,hes so fricken fast and 6 passing ,so stfu

Edited by hokkeefan

In general, I'd rank it like this, not looking at the actual BLITZ draft because Blitz protects every other round every other year.

Sandstrom is a strong #1.

Larmer is a 3rd rd talent.

Housley is late #1, early Rd 2.

Bondra is generally mid Rd 2.

F&ck the crap at the end.

So, that's not "even", but it's close to "even", favoring Dicicon.

If you weight Larmer closer to Rd 4 as some do, and prefer for speed over shot power, then the trade favors hokkee in value but that's going to be from a more selective view point.

I understand all the other comments, but I think the above scale is closer to accurate on the rating of this trade. In the end, Hokkee had screwed his team up as usual, so we knew a trade was coming, and held our breathe! On the whole, it could have been worse :)

Gotta love the hokster, stfu. lol

TEAM is way better than before ,it feels good. How many other teams have two 6 speeds? ONE ,jnj

housely adds a HUUUUGE plus to any team ,hes so fricken fast and 6 passing ,so stfu

Housley is a 5 speeder. Bondra has 4 agility and is probably going to be slower than a 5/5 skater.

we seen your point in chat room d**khead,and you also said he takes off like a 6 speed and he has 6 agility and stickhandling and bondra on the breakaway is uncaTCHAble.AND why are we debating housely and bondra ,everyone knows there the upp tier of speed unless your just being a dick.

we seen your point in chat room d**khead,and you also said he takes off like a 6 speed and he has 6 agility and stickhandling and bondra on the breakaway is uncaTCHAble.AND why are we debating housely and bondra ,everyone knows there the upp tier of speed unless your just being a dick.

Alright. Have fun scoring goals with Housley and Bondra.. lol.

i have been ,you cant score with them? too high rated for you MR a**hole champ or should i say chump.

My 6th forward would be on your starting lineup.