NHL'94 Forums

Updated KingOf94.com site

McMikey

Check out the updated www.Kingof94.com site!

weird...I click on the link, I still see the same page as before....minus the rules no longer on it.

but if i type it in...I see the new page. my browser is whack?

What if.. you both want to?

Perhaps it's just a preference that I don't want to see the same team vs same team. I really think that takes away from picking a match up of two different teams.

But thanks for bringing that up that, I should clarify that in the rules. nm I did have it there.

weird...I click on the link, I still see the same page as before....minus the rules no longer on it.

but if i type it in...I see the new page. my browser is whack?

My guess is you are having a caching issue (that is, your browser is using a stored version of the page instead of a fresh one.)... to get a fresh page you need to bypass caching using simple methods like pressing CTRL-R (but it depends on OS and Browser... see http://www.wikihow.com/Force-Refresh-in-Your-Internet-Browser)

Check out the Ron Barr audio introduction on the main page...excellent stuff!

Aqua, Ill email you some additional information to add to the website bud.

#1 If you don't get 60 sign-ups have you thought about letting people enter both SNES and Gens?

I would do it just to get 6 games and some guys could do well in both. (I'm looking at you AJ and Raph)

#2 As the day presses on and fewer stations are being used has there been any thought to some consolation brackets?

Halifax and I are hoping this site can live on and house the stats on all tournaments from now on.

I like it! How about a 94 Tour or Grand Slam.

#1 If you don't get 60 sign-ups have you thought about letting people enter both SNES and Gens?

I would do it just to get 6 games and some guys could do well in both. (I'm looking at you AJ and Raph)

#2 As the day presses on and fewer stations are being used has there been any thought to some consolation brackets?

#1:

I'm sure it'll sell out once it's advertised.

#2:

In the morning/group stages, the consoles will basically have 100% usage.

However, from what I hear, the Top-16 tournaments will only use half the consoles, so people can watch the games. The period of time where the participants are whittled down to the top 3 per console takes 2 hours. So maybe a small (unofficial) consolation tourney could be run during that time. But.. then you can't watch the Top-16 tournament, because you're playing in a consolation tourney... And maybe the organizers simply don't want the consoles in use distracting from the main tournament, I don't know.

Anyway, I think the best that could be done in that 2 hour window is a group of 8, double elimination.

See here for a (completely unofficial and guessed) schedule idea

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVPEU8MFJqNGaQ30z2qjkahEV9e7Dx1PtHbklHym8kA/edit?usp=sharing

Consolation tourney in orange. I suppose you would take the 3rd-place finishers from the Groups-of-8 stage for this.

See here for a (completely unofficial and guessed) schedule idea

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVPEU8MFJqNGaQ30z2qjkahEV9e7Dx1PtHbklHym8kA/edit?usp=sharing

Consolation tourney in orange. I suppose you would take the 3rd-place finishers from the Groups-of-8 stage for this.

Thanks smoz for posting that schedule. I had something similar however yours looks much nicer.

I like it! How about a 94 Tour or Grand Slam.

1. I think we'll just leave as is for this tournament. It would be a realistic possibility that raph could qualify on both systems and then we'd run into schedule conflict for double elimination since both consoles will be playing at the same time. I think I'd like to see how it plays out for this year and then we can look at it for future tournaments.

2. I think smoz hit it on the head. As systems free up, if guys want, they can organize their own thing.

It won't? What OS and Browser (name and version) are you using?

Firefox 10.0.2 on a Mac 10.6.8. what does he say?

Firefox 10.0.2 on a Mac 10.6.8. what does he say?

Thanks.

It is too long to type what he says, but if you view it in Safari you can probably hear it correctly. (Firefox on a Mac is too edge case for me to worry about fixing this bug.)