NHL'94 Forums

Selecting playoff team questions.

I have had NHL 94 since it came out and continue to play daily on my original sega as well as the emulator.

My question is has anyone found out a trick or Secret to getting the team you want in playoff mode.

I been trying to figure this out since 1993. From the time the game came out to present day it's very rare I get to be a team I actually want to be in playoff mode.

Thanks

I see what your saying but what I'm talking about is say you going through the teams and you stop on Rangers vs kings and you want to be the Kings but when you advance to the gameplay you always end up playing as the Rangers even if you want the Kings.

I've seen guys downloading custom ROM's into a GENS cartridge and being able to use it on the SEGA that way.

I'm assuming doing this you could get things set up in a custom way you'd be able to choose whom you wanted when, but there is some cost that comes with that, and having not owned a working Sega in so LONG, I didn't bother to learn how or to know what the cost of this would be.

I know Coach Mac messed a lot w/ the playoff settings for the '93 Roms he made for our league, so he might know more on that than most.

King basically in playoff mode when you pick the 2 teams the computer decides who your going to play as. Your only team 1 in exhibition mode.

Also Brutas how do I play online through the emulator. I been trying to figure it out but I'm

Not the smartest when trying to figure that out. Whenever i try and read through how to do it and how the leagues work my A D D kicks in lol can you help me out with getting started.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Yeah, the game has about 30 or so preset playoff draws that you can cycle through to find matchups (see below). If you want to do a custom matchup (like NYR vs LAK in round 1), you have to hack the ROM. It's fairly easy to do in NOSE.

5p3r5g.jpg

Play Mode: Regular Season

you can choose:

Players: One-Home

and you will be at Home as Team 1

or

Players: One Visitor

and you will be away as Team 2

Play Mode: Playoffs or Playoff/7 game

Players: One

you will always be Team 1

Home/Away is determined by match-ups raph mentioned but you can cycle thru to the same match-up as either team just make sure the one you want is Team 1.

LA vs NYR is not even an option in the Original as 1st round match-ups where all intra-conference.

Edited by CoachMac