NHL'94 Forums

Ken's Open Challenge

Ken

Well, now that Winnipeg has bounced me into Mario Golfing territory, I need some way to keep me entertained before the next league starts. I propose "Ken's Open Challenge".

What it is: You or anybody else agrees to play me in a best of 7 series, Gens 94. Our result - and the result of all of these series - will be posted in this thread. There is no ultimate winner or prize, except that I'll be keeping track of my record against all opponents, inlcuding you if you accept my challenge!!

What's the point: It's mostly a way for me (and you!!) to play somewhat meaningful games in the 'offseason'. I get kind of bored playing just exhibitions, and this will give me, and maybe you, some more incentive and reason to play games.

What this isn't: A way for me to prove I'm better or worse than anybody else. I simply like to keep track of wins and losses - maybe I'm competitive, maybe I just need a reason to play, I dunno. If you beat me you win no prize* except my eternal respect and admiration.

Other rules: Not many. You should try to schedule a time to play with me beforehand, but I'm often online M-F at night for ad hoc challenges. I don't care who is home/away, but we will switch it up if we play twice. You can be any team you want except the All Stars or Chicago. Ditto for me. Line changes off, offsides off, penalties on. This is how I grew up playing, and since this is my challenge, I make the rules!

So, who's up??

*Ken reserves the right to give out prizes :D

• 3 weeks later...
Well, now that Winnipeg has bounced me into Mario Golfing territory, I need some way to keep me entertained before the next league starts. I propose "Ken's Open Challenge".

What it is: You or anybody else agrees to play me in a best of 7 series, Gens 94. Our result - and the result of all of these series - will be posted in this thread. There is no ultimate winner or prize, except that I'll be keeping track of my record against all opponents, inlcuding you if you accept my challenge!!

What's the point: It's mostly a way for me (and you!!) to play somewhat meaningful games in the 'offseason'. I get kind of bored playing just exhibitions, and this will give me, and maybe you, some more incentive and reason to play games.

What this isn't: A way for me to prove I'm better or worse than anybody else. I simply like to keep track of wins and losses - maybe I'm competitive, maybe I just need a reason to play, I dunno. If you beat me you win no prize* except my eternal respect and admiration.

Other rules: Not many. You should try to schedule a time to play with me beforehand, but I'm often online M-F at night for ad hoc challenges. I don't care who is home/away, but we will switch it up if we play twice. You can be any team you want except the All Stars or Chicago. Ditto for me. Line changes off, offsides off, penalties on. This is how I grew up playing, and since this is my challenge, I make the rules!

So, who's up??

*Ken reserves the right to give out prizes :)

Ken what's your AIM? Mine is the same as my name.

ken starts out 0-1!!!! (hmm perhaps my 3 week layoff showed :))

playing "newcomer" granddragon11, Detroit traveled to Quebec to starr the 2-3-2 best of 7.

Quebec jumped out by winning game 1, 6-4, in a very tight game.

Not as tight as game 2, which Detroit won 7-6 in OT to head back to motor city tied at 1 game a piece.

Stubborn Quebec was not afraid of the Octopi, though, winning game 3 6-4 and sending a HUGE message with a gigantic 9-4 game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead.

Detroit as determined to go down swinging, and took a tight 5-3 win in game 6 and head back to Canada down 3 games to 2.

Detroit came out fired up in game 6, and turned a tight match into a 6-3 win, forcing the greatest spectacle in sport:

GAME 7!!!!!!!!

Both teams cranked up the defensive gears in this won, with Qeuebc striking first. Yzerman scored the equalizer, and Federov the go ahead goal on a penalty shot. Quebec quickly even the score, though, and we're at 2-2 headed to the 3rd.

CAN YOU FEEL THE INTENSITY IN THE AIR????

Detroit could, as a Ciccerrelli slapper gave Detroit a 3-2 lead.

4 minutes to go...3 minutes...2 minutes...1minute...and then Quebec scores to tie it!!

HEads down on the ice, Detroit relinquishes yet another goal, as Quebec takes a 403 lead with 43 seconds to go.

and that's how it ended. Quebec 4-3, winning the series 4-3.

great games, see you when I have home ice baby!!!

ken starts out 0-1!!!! (hmm perhaps my 3 week layoff showed :))

playing "newcomer" granddragon11, Detroit traveled to Quebec to starr the 2-3-2 best of 7.

Quebec jumped out by winning game 1, 6-4, in a very tight game.

Not as tight as game 2, which Detroit won 7-6 in OT to head back to motor city tied at 1 game a piece.

Stubborn Quebec was not afraid of the Octopi, though, winning game 3 6-4 and sending a HUGE message with a gigantic 9-4 game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead.

Detroit as determined to go down swinging, and took a tight 5-3 win in game 6 and head back to Canada down 3 games to 2.

Detroit came out fired up in game 6, and turned a tight match into a 6-3 win, forcing the greatest spectacle in sport:

GAME 7!!!!!!!!

Both teams cranked up the defensive gears in this won, with Qeuebc striking first. Yzerman scored the equalizer, and Federov the go ahead goal on a penalty shot. Quebec quickly even the score, though, and we're at 2-2 headed to the 3rd.

CAN YOU FEEL THE INTENSITY IN THE AIR????

Detroit could, as a Ciccerrelli slapper gave Detroit a 3-2 lead.

4 minutes to go...3 minutes...2 minutes...1minute...and then Quebec scores to tie it!!

HEads down on the ice, Detroit relinquishes yet another goal, as Quebec takes a 403 lead with 43 seconds to go.

and that's how it ended. Quebec 4-3, winning the series 4-3.

great games, see you when I have home ice baby!!!

Great series. Game 7 was a hoot. Up for a rematch? Hit me up on AIM anytime.