NHL'94 Forums

Toronto 2on2 Action

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I generally don't sleep much and will be open to letting games go on in my room all night if you guys need. Drunk dudes from other hotels who need a place to crash are welcome to the floor as well, just don't pass out in the bathroom!

I think Double Tree is a suite w/ a pull out couch/bed in the TV room. Not sure if they have one or two TV's though, and we probably need a few TV's to get multiple games going.

Yeah speaking of...is anybody bringing folding chairs? If we're gonna be playing in somebody's hotel room I'm assuming they won't have enough couch/chair space for four guys at once?

The last time I was in at a double tree in July, there was a chair by the desk, a sitting chair & the fold away couch.

Folding chairs are a bonus though because you probably end up w/ more than four in a room

I get in around 3:30pm on Friday and would be in for some evening 2v2 play.

I fly into the Island airport, and am hopefully staying right in that area of the ACC/Realsport.

Planning to drop off my bags and head towards the Doubletree if that works for you guys...

jer -- PM me your number. Actually, I thought I PM/AIM'ed everyone, but if you haven't, just PM me to exchange phone numbers.

Other method would be to have AIM on your phone running....maybe someone set up a group chat with all Toronto buds on it. But I think phone is best...we'll likely be hanging out at the hotel all day anyway.

I have Verizon and the roaming charges in Canada are pretty outrageous, at least they were last time I was there. I'll be bringing my laptop and using hotel wi-fi to use AIM most likely.

Anyone know how to do that buy-a-sim-card-in-a-different-country thing? Is that a thing in Canada? Or more of a Europe thing?

Too expensive to buy a sim in canada.

If you are on t-mobile I believe its $15 and youll have 2GB of data and unlimited talk/text through WIND.

I arrive in Toronto about noon from Chi. I'm staying at the Doubletree so I'll be ready to play in the afternoon if there are spots still available.

I'm not sure where we landed on the communications but you can always email me at evostal@gmail and we can exchange numbers

I'm bringing an extra Gens, extra carts and extra pads.

We could always move a tv to someone's room to get an extra game going... or maybe we could even get some tvs set up at the bar area downstairs so we can have a little bit more room.

Either way we can play it be ear for now but I'm more than happy to coordinate that with the hotel if that's the way you guys want to go.

Unless you can check in early - sounds like guys won't be in their rooms until 3pm. If you're getting around noon - head straight to the RealSports Bar to meetup with others for lunch.

FYI, normally a King Bed Room at Double Tree comes w/ an extra room as a suite. It does NOT come w/ full size fridge and cooking area, etc, that a FULL size suite comes with and from the pics, the FULL size suites seem to be bigger.

I don't sleep much, so dudes looking for late night 2v2 on Friday night despite our early start time are more than welcome to pound away on the Sega pads. The room does come w/ 2 TV's, and I'd assume both enable a Sega to plug into the back of them.

Anyhow, Chaos & Raph's room will be bigger, and if needed, should probably "start" there, and can dwindle down into other rooms.

ALSO, I'm getting there at like 10 am I think (arrive 9 am into the airport). I'll be talking to the managers anyhow trying to upgrade into a full-size suite && at that time will try to score a lobby TV for some hockey action.