NHL'94 Forums

Where's Everyone Staying in Toronto

IceStorm70

Hey guys Please post where you're staying in Toronto and the dates of your stay for the tournament.

I'll keep an updated excel file in this thread for people to access. Hopefully make it an easier decision for people who haven't booked yet. (i.e. Hokkees staying at the Mariott, better not stay there. etc).

post-1168-0-37309300-1440617180_thumb.pn

Just booked my flight and hotel.

Staying at the Doubletree on Chestnut. About $205 each night all in. Thanks for starting this thread! I had no idea where I was going to book a place until I landed here.

Also, I get in earlier on Friday... I'll bring a Gens if anyone is interested in playing or if you feel like meeting up for drinks, etc.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Dervin and I are staying at the Strathcona. 450m from the bar / .27mi.

http://www.thestrathconahotel.com/map-directions-en.html

Try to find it through hotels.com and it should be 10% off.

The TVs do not look as convenient for playing on as at the doubletree, though

vv

I would suggest calling the Doubletree directly to compare with online rates. They have discounts for AAA/CAA and government employees and probably other groups as well. For example, the rate went from $270 CDN to $205 CDN per night.

Edited by Bob Kudelski

So you know, Dervin and I are only staying at the DoubleTree on the Friday night. We'll hang out Saturday night (at the bar or at someone's room where games are going on), but will take off to crash at a friend's place rather than stay the night at the hotel.

So you know, Dervin and I are only staying at the DoubleTree on the Friday night. We'll hang out Saturday night (at the bar or at someone's room where games are going on), but will take off to crash at a friend's place rather than stay the night at the hotel.

updated thanks Smo

DoubleTree was too rich for my blood, I'm booked in at the Hotel Victoria on Yonge. I got nothing going on for the Friday night though so if there are any shenanigans going down at the DT I can always crash the party.

• 2 weeks later...

DoubleTree was too rich for my blood, I'm booked in at the Hotel Victoria on Yonge. I got nothing going on for the Friday night though so if there are any shenanigans going down at the DT I can always crash the party.

If you get tired of slumming it, come over to the Doubltree Friday for some SNES action. It seems like everyone's going to be playing Genesis, but I will probably bring my SNES Retro Duo (or my actual console) and my 4-way play so we can have some 2 on 2 SNES action as well. That is, if we can find enough SNES players.

Btw - the Delta hotel we're staying at is closer than 1 mile. It's a short walk to Real Sports. Google maps says a 3 min walk (250 meters).