NHL'94 Forums

The ? NHL 94 Hack...

It would be a Nintendo "Revolution" to have it run on the GBA.... so no... its not that... though thanks to emulators the hack will run on a PSP or GP2X.

In some ways it will be a revolutionary hack that should benefit boths hackers and gamers alike...

but how it exactly that will be...

well...

you'll have to wait and see... I'm a poet and I don't even know it....

Expected release within a week from now.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont think ill be able to sleep for the next week.

On an excitment scale from 1 to 10 ...1 being as exciting as editing audio, and 10 being as exciting as adding fighting....How excited should we be wboy????

lol... sorry, based on a snes fan's interest.. the hack will probably rank a dismal 0...

For a genesis fan... hmmm.... maybe 7 or even 8....? Hard to say...

While I may of deprived myself some sleep working the on the hack... I don't think you need to lose sleep over it...

the good news I can bring you is that its release could even be within the next 48 hours...

lol... sorry, based on a snes fan's interest.. the hack will probably rank a dismal 0...

For a genesis fan... hmmm.... maybe 7 or even 8....? Hard to say...

While I may of deprived myself some sleep working the on the hack... I don't think you need to lose sleep over it...

the good news I can bring you is that its release could even be within the next 48 hours...

wooooooooooooooooooooooo whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

from the very little you've shown us it looks pretty cool

Well, my ROM template has been released. Template you ask?

Check out http://www.hexaddicts.com/nose/ for more details.

Be sure to also check out http://www.macks-hacks.com/ very soon for Mack's custom release using the ROM template.

A few things where slightly rushed to get the template out before the end of the playoffs (special thanks goes to EDM :D).

Supporting documentation to help you through customising and working with this ROM template will be released within a week or two.

Any questions, just ask.

Enjoy,

wboy.

WOW! :blink:

this is huge!

This is a big day for NHL94, and its rom hacking.

I'm looking forward to edit the 2007 rom using the new features, awesome.

I'm cheering for Australia in the World Cup now!

Awesome wboy. The new in-game look is a lot easier on the eyes. I also like the in-game pictures taking the place of the portraits. Nice touch!

Hmmmm..... There is something wrong: The Neutral zone face off spots, the scorekeeper and the head coaches are missing.

Oops... thanks for highlighting that neutral faceoff spots .. they were there... I must of stuffed them up in Tile Molester when I was transfering the tiles to the reverse replay (the do appear there).

Time keepers etc will come at a later date. Ran out of time to get those in.

The "94 IPS 1.0b.zip" has been updated, but I haven't bothered calling it 1.1b etc. So for anyone who has already downloaded it, please downloading it again and patch it repatch from an original NHL 94 rom. The .txt files within are "Last updated June 20, 2006". Thats how to know you've got the new fixed patches.

Awesome wboy. The new in-game look is a lot easier on the eyes. I also like the in-game pictures taking the place of the portraits. Nice touch!

I've really learned to like the new ice color now ... has a hint of the old light blue look but not as vibrant... yes, its not white, but I too am not a fan of white ice in-game, for as Tickenest has highlighted it clashes too much with the player sprites with white jerseys.

As for the player cards.. I did it as a benefit to those who will work on hacks but couldn't be bothered using real pics of each player in their hack.

Great stuff, we most definitely need more of this :blink:

On a side note, did you use the direct (on the rom) speed-up workaround that you discovered recently? Seems nice and quick from first impressions, but that could be to do with stats of course.

Been playing a little more and still liking it. However, I do have one quibble with your hack, Mack, which is the stamina bars on line changes. I find it offputting having the multicoloured bars there, particularly when the non-filled part is grey rather than black. A simple solid colour on black would do here :blink:

Edit: I realise now that the bars appear to be part of the template. In that case, I'm poking you instead, wboy!

nice job on the hack..........some suggestions i have maybe 93 theme music tha music is way better than 94's ......93 intro's i really like the way players are introduced at start ....................winnipeg jets old logo which way better than the last one (that would be for original hackers) ..........new stats record keeping engine ...........andleague whic can be takin from 95 engine ............lets go STARS ..........after swwping calgary what seeems to be ages ago i think stars are gettig rusty Coach Kgman has taken stars and the group of veterns he has although theres has been some dissnt in locker ever since Kgman benched Russ Courtnall in favor of Dave Gagner

More feedback:

Played Anaheim (Home) vs Montreal (Away). On the J.D. Whatsisface screen, Anaheim had an overall rating of a mighty '.7'.

P.S., if you want this feedback putting elsewhere rather than here (in case you don't read it much) then let me know.