NHL'94 Forums

2on2 ROM Updated

kingraph

HERE IT IS: 2on2_update.bin

The original ROM has been around for 5+ years without any changes, so I decided it was time to put out a small update. All the players and teams remain the same, but I have included the following updates (thanks to smozoma/wboy/clockwise/slapshot for all your help through the years):

• Menu Screen set to 1 Player Home and Manual Goalie (prevents auto goalie on start)
  • Hot/Cold Bonuses Disabled (players ratings stay same)
  • Home/Away/PP/PK levels equal for all teams (see screenshot)
  • No Edit Lines Crash! (just in case)
  • All 90 players have new picture cards!
  • Dr. Evil replaces Jules Winnfield

This should be the default ROM for 2v2 now.

Even Steven Teams

2s81bfa.jpg

Avoid that extra step of switching from "auto goalie" on the start menu

5v4n6q.jpg

ONE MEEEEELION DOLLARS....

k54nyc.jpg

Enjoy!

One of the two most important tools in NHL '94, the B-check, is still nerfed!

Yeah, I was thinking of adding that in, but that would be a huge change in how 2v2 is played. This was meant to stay true to that original gameplay.

An alternative version would be cool too though.

Nothing beats the feeling of pulling off a perfect puck-only pokecheck

Doesn't quite make up for the feeling of getting burned on the previous 2 goals where you couldn't pull it off, though..

Awesome stuff, I can't wait to play tonight (I'll be home around 12:30 AM EST).

Is there a way to nerf the "player gets right back up after pressing B" crap? 2V2 is my spirit animal but the only thing I don't like about it is checks barely mean anything since everybody pops up like a Punch-Me Clown.

Great ROM! Glad to see you, CoachMac, and I, all appreciate the concept of having "Even Steven" teams.

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16613-94-table-hockeyeven-teams-rom/

http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/15849-where-are-my-even-steven-roms/?hl=%2Beven+%2Bsteven

Edited by NHL94PC

• 2 years later...
On 8/18/2015 at 2:33 PM, kingraph said:

Yeah, I was thinking of adding that in, but that would be a huge change in how 2v2 is played. This was meant to stay true to that original gameplay.

An alternative version would be cool too though.

On 8/18/2015 at 2:23 PM, Premium said:

One of the two most important tools in NHL '94, the B-check, is still nerfed!

My Slapshot 2v2 rom has b-checks enabled so that the Chiefs and Bulldogs can mix it up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2017 at 5:38 PM, wbgs_radio said:

Will there be a 2017/18 2on2 rom made?

To turn any ROM into a 2on2 ROM, open it with NOSE, and in the No Line Changes (NLC) line, set all the unwanted players to the invalid value in the dropdown (I think it's "F"?).

I think that's all there is to it?

9 minutes ago, smozoma said:

To turn any ROM into a 2on2 ROM, open it with NOSE, and in the No Line Changes (NLC) line, set all the unwanted players to the invalid value in the dropdown (I think it's "F"?).

I think that's all there is to it?

Yup, and even the portraits can easily be fixed using EARE.

Just now, CoachMac said:

Hm, do you even need to? If the player already has a portrait, is it keyed off the player index? I totally forget.

Does it crash if you don't set the portrait? Or it just shows the wrong one?

Just now, smozoma said:

Hm, do you even need to? If the player already has a portrait, is it keyed off the player index? I totally forget.

Does it crash if you don't set the portrait? Or it just shows the wrong one?

You are correct you don't need to.
It crashes if you look at more than the first 2 photos. (I think)
I just made a 2v2 of my Slapshot the Movie Rom.:big_smile:

Curious if there is a 2v2 ROM that enables Plabax's B check, since 2v2 is played with penalties off and B check doesn't really work.

Also, is there a ROM for 2v2 that has it setup with players having different skill sets, instead of everyone having the 4/4/4/4/4/4 same setting?

Just wondering because I don't play 2v2 because I don't like not being able to check or have everyone player with the same skill sets. 

2 hours ago, CoachMac said:

EARE can reshuffle portraits only if you use the original players but on different teams or in different positions, right?

If I make new players or import them from another ROM, things get wacky.

1 hour ago, Matt55 said:

EARE can reshuffle portraits only if you use the original players but on different teams or in different positions, right?

If I make new players or import them from another ROM, things get wacky.

Well you can make new player cards as well.:big_smile:

The portraits in any rom are mapped to the spot the player occupies in the Skaters/Goalies section of NOSE. (I think I worded that properly)
If you move, add, or delete players it will mess it u.

On 12/5/2017 at 2:39 PM, CoachMac said:

Well you can make new player cards as well.:big_smile:

The portraits in any rom are mapped to the spot the player occupies in the Skaters/Goalies section of NOSE. (I think I worded that properly)
If you move, add, or delete players it will mess it u.

Yeah, the player/portrait mappings are in a text file in with the program. PlayerCards.txt or something like that. If you change the player names or add new portraits, you need to update that file.

• 2 years later...

I have updated my Hakchi / Retroarch build today and decided to cobble together a generic cover for the original 2-on-2 ROM. 

If anyone is interested in this sort of thing, here you go - original size (the first one) and a resized one (the second one) for a Genesis Mini Retroarch build:

NHL 94 - 2-On-2 Edition (Cover).pngNHL 94 - 2-On-2 Edition (Cover) (Resized).png

• Thanks 1