NHL'94 Forums

WSH Advances

Carse

In Game 6, the score was 2-1 WSH at the start of the 3rd. The star of the comeback for the Caps, Dimitri Khristich, went down 30 seconds into the period. No namer Bob "the builder" Carpenter steped out onto the ice in replacement. After an assist on a bondra goal, he then went off and scored two of his own. MTL added one more, but the cold Don Beaupre was pretending he was a real boy for the 4th straight game. with the win the caps pull off the comeback when being faced down 2-0 vs the defending champion of the league. Howard Dean declined to comment on this, as he was too busy taking back the white house.

ggs

Montreal couldnt end its scoring drought, 1st period was dominated by MTL but chance after chance was either shot wide or denied by some great goaltending comming out of it down 1-0.

some tough 1 goal loss games, but the WSH defence was solid.

I lost, but i lost with class.

good luck everybody

kgman will win the cup :D

WOW, what a turnaround this series took. Habs win the first two games in blowout fashion, but then Washington creeps back into it with a couple of close wins, and then takes the series with a couple more close wins. Crazy!

And it certainly is in the lead for the playoff series with the most DRAMA (and I don't mean on the ice) so far. In fact I have to wonder if said drama had anything to do with the outcome. Maybe it was some kind of strategy by Carse all along? Did it affect the Habs' game? Just thinking out loud.

That's a couple of lower-seed replacement coaches coming out and taking down big favourites who rolled through the whole season............ as a top team, you almost wonder if you should tank games to avoid these very good replacement coaches and instead get a lower-seeded opponent that's actually weak! Like poor Calgary man, it's like he got punished for finishing first, got the toughest playoff matchup possible I think.

But the league is supposed to be for fun, it isn't advertised as foolproof or anything, and Evan/Schwartz would be up night and day if they tried to account for EVERY possible little thing. Still thought it was worth mentioning though. I know that if I was Calgary and I saw how fast Dallas was charging, I'd have thrown some games (with all due respect to whoever was seed #7 in the West, and I actually don't even know who it is).

Hey thanks for the info.

I know it's tough seeing replacement coaches come in late and dominant.. but it's that or no coach at all. I know this series had some "background".. and I appreciate these guys playing out the series.

Next season, hopefully there will be no replacements needed for the Level A leagues.

If it's any consolation, the whole replacement coach thing worked out great in the SNES league. We got four GREAT replacement coaches in JotaC, energymike, Blazer, and McMarkis, and all four took over their teams in time to be able to end up near the top of the standings where they belong.

Hey thanks for the info.

I know it's tough seeing replacement coaches come in late and dominant.. but it's that or no coach at all. I know this series had some "background".. and I appreciate these guys playing out the series.

Next season, hopefully there will be no replacements needed for the Level A leagues.

dont hate the player, hate the game hahaaa :D