Mark R.

Mike D. (uncle buck)

Mikey M. (mcmikey)

Paul O.

Philippe C. (Maitrefun)

Raphael F. (Kingraph)

Sebastian T. (sebe82)

TBD

TK! One of the few from the original Fall 2005 league, you will certainly be missed!

And yes, why am I in a bracket with Raph and AJ? It looks like group D is a CT rematch? Mikey's in there too. Going to have to work a miracle.

TK! One of the few from the original Fall 2005 league, you will certainly be missed!

And yes, why am I in a bracket with Raph and AJ? It looks like group D is a CT rematch? Mikey's in there too. Going to have to work a miracle.

I'd tend to agree there are a few more killers in the afternoon then in the morning but that is the breaks it seems. Trying to build up those rivalries in group D it seems.

Who decided the group breakout? Tough to know for sure at this point since so many of the players are not from the forums. Wonder if it was based on skill level responses from sign ups?

My guess would be some kind of random generator with 8 forum guys and 8 non forum guys in each group.

Brackets, Divisions, and Conferences are always highly debated.

Following the World Cup draw, many teams feel they were placed in the toughest group. While there is nothing easy at this point, some groups are clearly more stacked than others.

Unlike past years that had one legitimate "Group of Death," this tournament features multiple terrifying selections of teams. Not only will these be difficult to win, but it will be tough for some of the best squads in the world to even make it through to the next round.

Speaking of which, what are contingency scheduling plans when people back out? Might've missed it if it's in another thread.

Guessing 5-10% rate of attrition

Speaking of which, what are contingency scheduling plans when people back out? Might've missed it if it's in another thread.

Guessing 5-10% rate of attrition

HABS said he can't make it in the 2on2 thread.

My guess would be some kind of random generator with 8 forum guys and 8 non forum guys in each group.

Brackets, Divisions, and Conferences are always highly debated.

I'm sure there was a little more to it then randomly putting forum guys and non-forum guys together :) but that's ok, building the rivalries and saving some match ups for later in the day will be fun.

ya so what happens if we have 1-3 people missing from each bracket on game day?

This is a good question. There's bound to be a few no-shows among the 120 signups (and still not entirely sure what's happening with the remaining 8). Do we just grab some people who happen to wander in?

This is a good question. There's bound to be a few no-shows among the 120 signups (and still not entirely sure what's happening with the remaining 8). Do we just grab some people who happen to wander in?

or fill-ins from guys that are only signed up on the other system?

I was the one with the final decision on groups. I consulted some community buds and even re-consulted buds on the groups before posting.

Most of the selection is random since the majority of the players are unknown. Some had some special request to play in morning or afternoon. Some had friends that they didn't want to be in the same group. There are players in there that played online a long time ago that you may not have met and their skill level was factored in as well. Some of it is future super star Hollywood actors being part of the documentary in the same group. So I did my best to make it all work. C'est la vie...just GA!

It's too bad Habs can't make it. I told him if he can find someone to replace him, we will just switch them out. I'm working on trying to help him out as well. Soooooo...if you know someone that wants to play genesis, have them email nhl94king@gmail.com asap.

If someone doesn't show up on the day and there is someone else around that wants to play(they would still have to pay)....then I'll insert them in....otherwise their opponent simply gets a bye.

The remaining 8 spots were for Mikey to decide what to do with. Three on the SNES side since then have been filled. (one spot left there). Genesis still has 4 spots.

Hope that answers all your questions. :red_heart:

• 2 weeks later...