NHL'94 Forums

8am Registration for Afternoon Groups

Wittgenstein

Wanted to post this because I know a few other people were wondering about it and that some people may not have noticed it in the e-mail.

If we play in an afternoon group, do we have to be at the bar at 8am to register? If we don't, but show up at the noon intermission, will we be replaced from the tournament? Also, would we be able to have someone else check in for us (like someone from the morning group) on our behalf at 8?

Just curious bc a lot of us are trying to make plans for Friday... and the time we would have to wake up may determine how late we stay out. (Plus it's a bit of an inconvenience to have to wake up and get there so early, only to have to wait almost 5 hours to play.)

Edited by Wittgenstein

I'm going to bed at 8pm sharp like a senior citizen Friday night. That's the only way I'd ever be able to wake up early Saturday. I'd register Friday night if it were possible to avoid lugging my ass outta bed Saturday morning bright and early. Maybe we can bribe Halifax. Bottle of his favorite liquor or case of his favorite brew to sign in for me so I can stay out late and be rowdy with the boys Friday night?

Edited by Uncle Seth

Yeah guys!!!! I am really with you on this one. I can give it to you in writing that I'll be there on time Saturday well before 12:45.

Same.

Also one other thing I just noticed:

In the google doc, the chart on the front page says the intermission/orientation for afternoon games is at 12-12:45. However, some people in groups C&D actually start as early as 11:30. I know that the way that is worded is techically correct, just wanted to point out that some people in group c&d start before the afternoon orientation. I bring it up because c/d were always informally referred to as the "afternoon" groups. So this was a little confusing (to me at least) at first glance.--- What I'm getting at is that TK actually starts at 11:30, so don't show up at 12:45!

*edit: I start at 11:45. Thought I started at 12:45 from skimming the schedule. Still, waking up at 7:30ish and then waiting until 11:45am is a drag. Is there any way I can give someone in writing beforehand that I will be there for my game without having to be there at 8? If anything changes (i.e. our car breaks down or Canada doesn't let me into the country), I can let someone know know by Friday evening.

Edited by Wittgenstein

Sounds like C group needs their beauty sleep.

I plan to play 2v2 Friday night with many of you guys, I'm sure we can figure something out. Maybe we can send a sign-in sheet around that one can drop off at 8am(ish).

Lots of good ideas here. Yeah I wanna stay up late with the crew too, I can bring some cigars if anyone wants one. I'm sure the policies of hotels are outdoor smoking only, but who knows it might be nice out and I can't be the only one who enjoys a break from the action. But this can only happen if we can get some sort of sign in thing done Friday night. Otherwise, it's a hot water bottle enema and slumber just past dusk for Seth & Buck. I place a high value on sleep. Guess that's the difference between being in your 20's vs 30's.