NHL'94 Forums

King of 94 Tournament - Feedback / Improvements

smozoma

Start out with another stick tap to Mikey, Halifax, Smoz, all the film crew, the ref girls, etc...

It was excellent.

#1 I do agree about coin toss winner getting Home Ice.

The TSB format of choice of controller/direction matters much less than Home Ice in 94.

#2 Personally, i would have liked to see it held a little later in the Fall, like mid-October.

#3 The no show thing was a real bummer.

I had 3 in my group, but got lucky and never had to advance because of a no show.

Not sure what you can do about it.

2. I'd like for it to be a bit later as well, however I know there was a bunch of factors that played into this date. we'll see bud.

3. I think one thing we'll look at is opening up no shows to playing both systems. I didn't want do it this year but I'm open to it for next year. So if you want to play snes in the morning and genesis in the afternoon that's fine. It would only be for on the day and we would give preference to anyone else showed up who wasn't registered at all.

I like coin toss winner gets home Ice. Loser picks teams. Winner gets choice of the 2 teams.

I hated winning the toss because I knew I'd need to play on the road.

Not a big deal overall, just seemed like you won toss, you actually lost something. But I get dictating style of play perspective too.

I think it's the terminology. The idea is not "winning" anything, but rather just to determine who does what. I could change this so that the coin flip "winner" is the guy that gets home and the "loser"is the guy that picks the two teams and is away. Either way, the same thing occurs.

It was also slow in the beginning because there was an issue with the spreadsheet and scores couldn't be entered. This caused a slow down in the beginning, when the largest percentage of games were being played. Once that was taken care of, eventually we got back on schedule. Then there was a ton of time between the end of the afternoon groups and the raffles. Also, the next time we have a tournament, there probably won't be a documentary on it, so therefore some things should run smoother because of that.

I think the biggest issue was trying to find your opponents in the very beginning, when no one knew who was who. Maybe, we can have every station numbered, announce each matchup and assign a station to it, have a ref for every 2 or 3 stations, and have the refs be able to input the scores. This way, each group of guys will only be playing on 2 or 3 stations, they'll all be around each other so they know who is who, and the games will be done quicker.

I think the day will move much quicker without the documentary and I did want to have stations numbered this time but we didn't get to that. I was also telling guys to wait to play until the morning was done and same thing before the final 16. I won't do that next year. It will b, just play and go. I will try to allocate one large break so guys can eat between the final group and final 16, because guys need to eat. I think just having a group of stations dedicated to each group. Having different colored lanyards for each group will help. these were suggestions made by other members which I liked.

These things could be improved

1.some sort of simple PA system, with a few announcements (like at 9:15, an announcnement saying "Let the games begin", and the odd "John Doe you are wanted on Genesis System #2 for a match")

2. I would have a couple community computers or even a whiteboard that shows the brackets as they change. It was hard using my phone to check things out and find my match ups because it is so damn small

Other

1. I noticed there were no referees for my games, and the rules said there would be? This wasn't a problem because they guys I played were cool/reasonable, so this was no biggie to me.

2. There should not be an ultimate winner, there should just be an SNES champ and a Genesis champ each year and that's that. (I think this was done for the movie this year, so if this tourney happens agina I hope there won't be the need for an overall winner.)

1. I would've liked to have a Pa system as well. We'll see what we can do for enxt eyar.

2. the good solution would be a projector from a computer onto a screen . although with 4 groups (and likely more next year) they all cant be up on the screen at once. however I agree that anything is better than nothing.

1. Referees - yes this is something I did not plan out well. I'm not sure if there were many issues. ( I only heard of one). I dont think each group needed one anyways. Next year it will be delegating just a couple of people to be available to answer questions and be there to resolve disputes. I'll look to make sure those people are easily identifiable.

2. The ultimate is just for fun. there is no monetary award, (the winner mikial did get a tyler seguin jersey) but I can say for a fact, that he thoroughly enjoyed smashing the system with a sledgehammer. Perhaps too much? :)

Also, for those who missed it:

At the end of the night, Halifax and Mikey received awards from KingRaph, Chaos, and myself. They were:

1) Halifax - 2015 Super Bud

2) Mikey - 2015 Bud of the Year

Thanks again everyone for helping making this happen and a big success!

-Evan

thanks again for that award bud...loved it.

I'd love it if i just got to pick the team i wanted to play with and so did the other person...

That's another way of doing it for sure. But then there'd be nothing but det/chi or van/Det match ups all day long. Nothing wrong with that just kind of mundane and boring to me.

I think this tourney was to prove who has the most diverse skill set in the game. Who can play with any team, adapt and win.

Back in college we had our madden 93 tourney set up like you suggest. We had Denver v Washington pretty much every game. Have that to thank for my sega!

Another idea Hali, have a subset of the forum guys wear bright shirts or something distinguishing. Guys can flag them down at any time to report scores.

Then the forum guys can instant message you the results for input at any time.

That's another way of doing it for sure. But then there'd be nothing but det/chi or van/Det match ups all day long. Nothing wrong with that just kind of mundane and boring to me.

I think this tourney was to prove who has the most diverse skill set in the game. Who can play with any team, adapt and win.

Back in college we had our madden 93 tourney set up like you suggest. We had Denver v Washington pretty much every game. Have that to thank for my sega!

Yes, I agree with "tourney was to prove who has the most diverse skill set in the game. Who can play with any team, adapt and win," and I much prefer the way it was done here. I don't want all Chi/Det either. Variety is the spice of life, right?

I don't play online and I am not on the same tier as most guys here. I have one friend I pay with in Toronto, and he almost always takes Mtl and I almost always take Buffalo. The tourney has inspired us to mix it up more too, and it is a much cooler experience now.

Yes, I agree with "tourney was to prove who has the most diverse skill set in the game. Who can play with any team, adapt and win," and I much prefer the way it was done here. I don't want all Chi/Det either. Variety is the spice of life, right?

I don't play online and I am not on the same tier as most guys here. I have one friend I pay with in Toronto, and he almost always takes Mtl and I almost always take Buffalo. The tourney has inspired us to mix it up more too, and it is a much cooler experience now.

Make a schedule and play with everyone :)

CanadianDennis and I played with every single team against every other team

Make a schedule and play with everyone :)

CanadianDennis and I played with every single team against every other team

:exciting: Love this!

At our last live tournament we made cards with every team included and all teams matched up with someone in their tier/a fair match up.

We did this with 94 and with TSB.

Many TSB tournaments are doing this now.

I agree it is the most fun to see and play with all the teams.

It also provides a handicap system and can make it fun for better player to play scrubs.

Because our tourney was small ee also added that after the round robin portion using match-up cards we had a team draft for the playoff round.

AngryJay dominated the round robin using cards and had first pick where he took:

Tampa Bay :shocked:

I finished second and took Edmonton.

The other 3 guys took Chicago, Detroit, and Montreal.

AJ still won the whole thing and I finished second but it was challenging.

Afterwards I took Montreal and actually beat AJ using Tampa.

All that said I think the format we used in Toronto was perfect and should remain the same.

Edited by CoachMac

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty, I've been thinking about the scheduling, and finding players... What do you guys think of this...I think it should work... the idea is to make it as automatic as possible, people immediately know where their next game is. No waiting to find out who play against by watching the TV or checking your phone or asking the scorekeeper. No wandering around to find some guy named Jebediah N who you've never seen before.

post-253-0-52172600-1444340734_thumb.png

("L C1 Player" = "loser of game C1")

• Each Game is numbered. So game A1, A2, A3, ... H41.
  • Each system/table/station is numbered. Station 1, Station 2, ... Station 16. There is a clearly-visible sign at the station (above the TV for example)
  • Games are tied to specific Stations. Game A1 is played at Station 1. Game B1 is played at Station 5. etc.
  • At each Station, there is a relatively-large printout of the bracket, taped onto the tabletop, with the Games that will be played at that Station highlighted, including the game numbers. The bracket won't get filled out, but it'll help people understand the structure of the tournament.
  • At each Station, there is a set of score reporting cards -- see the example image above.
    • Each card is labelled with the specific game it's for.
    • There are places on the cards for the players to enter who played the game, the teams, the score, and who won the coin toss.
    • Each card also indicates when/where/who the Winner's next game is, and when/where/who the Loser's game is. For example, for the winner, it might say, Where: Station 5. When: Now (or "in 20 minutes" if there are 2 games to play on that station before that player's next game). Who: Winner of B3.
  • One of the players hands in the score card -- ideally it would be whoever doesn't have their next game "now", or the winner otherwise. Probably best to simply make it the winner, so people don't just leave or go take a break if they're eliminated or upset about a big loss.
  • To avoid input errors, the player submitting the card gives it to the scorekeeper, the scorekeeper enters the data from the paper, then reads back the data from the spreadsheet, for the player to approve. If it's known, the scorekeeper can tell the player his next opponent. Then the player leaves and goes to his next game.

Other thoughts...

• But how do you know who to play against, if you don't know the guy's name? I guess you just show up at the table and say, "I"m here for game C24, anyone else?" If the previous game is done, I guess you just sit down at the table, and the other guy should show up soon too. You can still check your phone or ask the scorekeeper if no one shows up right away. Scorekeepers will know if everyone has submitted their score, so they can then go around and check that the next games are starting, and if someone is missing, they can check at the table to see who's missing and then try to find them.
  • Have 2 scorekeeper tables, and ideally have them at opposite ends of the venue, although that could be kind of boring for them not to be able to talk to each other during the downtimes, so maybe just put them at opposite ends of a table. Either way, Players must turn in their scoresheets to 1 specific scorekeeper, to avoid confusion. So, Sega Group A players always reports to one table, and Sega Group B always reports to the other table. The tables are labelled clearly with a sign above them.
  • We'll have 8 players reporting scores at the same time at a table, instead of 16, so it'll be quicker. Also, the scorekeepers will spend less time switching between tabs in the spreadsheet, although that's a minor thing.
  • The "next game" part of the score card could be tear-off, so you can carry it with you, so you don't even have to remember anything after handing in the score card, you still have the info in your hand.
  • I put the 'next game' time in relative terms ("in 20 minutes") instead of a specific time ("11:45am"). I'm not sure if that's the way to do it or not. Maybe using specific times is better, since then it's more objective when someone can be forfeited. On the other hand, if we use the relative times, I think we might be able to finish earlier, if all goes well. Probably better to use the absolute times, though... and tell people to be there 5 minutes early and to do the coin toss while the other game is still going.
  • Nametags could have a table pre-printed on them, for the players to fill in their chosen teams when they win the coin toss.
  • Nametags should include the group letter, and possibly be coloured by group.
  • Nametags could be different shapes for Sega/SNES. Or have different coloured lanyards for Sega/SNES.
  • If a system/tv breaks, that could throw a wrench into this system.
  • We'll need lots of pencils.
  • The "next opponent" thing could also indicate which Station that game is played at, so you can go check if the player is still playing and then meet him there, "looks like you lost game B17, so we're playing next, game B24 at station 7"
  • If demand is high, we could do 80 players per system by doing 5 groups of 16, taking the top 3 from each group, then taking the best 4th-place finisher as the 16th finalist (maybe have a showdown between the two 4th-place finishers with the best goal-per-game differential). We'd need 20 Stations -- 8 dedicated Sega, 8 dedicated SNES, 4 that are Sega in the morning and SNES in the afternoon.

attachicon.gifscorecard.png

• Each system/table/station is numbered. Station 1, Station 2, ... Station 16. There is a clearly-visible sign at the station (above the TV for example)
  • Games are tied to specific Stations. Game A1 is played at Station 1. Game B1 is played at Station 5. etc.
  • At each Station, there is a relatively-large printout of the bracket, taped onto the tabletop, with the Games that will be played at that Station highlighted, including the game numbers. The bracket won't get filled out, but it'll help people understand the structure of the tournament.
  • At each Station, there is a set of score reporting cards -- see the example image above.
    • There are places on the cards for the players to enter who played the game, the teams, the score, and who won the coin toss.
    • Each card also indicates when/where/who the Winner's next game is, and when/where/who the Loser's game is. For example, for the winner, it might say, Where: Station 5. When: Now (or "in 20 minutes" if there are 2 games to play on that station before that player's next game). Who: Winner of B3.

Love the score card bud. That's a lot of work to print off every single individual game. I'm not sure that it's necessary? I think it can be simplified a bit. We can chat later on this.

• One of the players hands in the score card -- ideally it would be whoever doesn't have their next game "now", or the winner otherwise. Probably best to simply make it the winner, so people don't just leave or go take a break if they're eliminated or upset about a big loss.

Yeah..I like to leave as the winner must report the score. If the other player reports the score, I don't really care, but we just need to make sure that the winner is responsible.

• To avoid input errors, the player submitting the card gives it to the scorekeeper, the scorekeeper enters the data from the paper, then reads back the data from the spreadsheet, for the player to approve. If it's known, the scorekeeper can tell the player his next opponent. Then the player leaves and goes to his next game.

"To avoid input errors, the player submitting the card gives it to the scorekeeper, the scorekeeper enters the data from the paper, then reads back the data from the spreadsheet, for the player to approve. If it's known, the scorekeeper can tell the player his next opponent. Then the player leaves and goes to his next game." yes, very important to have everything confirmed. I started doing this part way through the morning.

Other thoughts...

• But how do you know who to play against, if you don't know the guy's name? I guess you just show up at the table and say, "I"m here for game C24, anyone else?" If the previous game is done, I guess you just sit down at the table, and the other guy should show up soon too. You can still check your phone or ask the scorekeeper if no one shows up right away. Scorekeepers will know if everyone has submitted their score, so they can then go around and check that the next games are starting, and if someone is missing, they can check at the table to see who's missing and then try to find them.

I think between phones (and if we get a projector to show some brackets, and microphone and speaker to make announcements), we should be fine here.

• Have 2 scorekeeper tables, and ideally have them at opposite ends of the venue, although that could be kind of boring for them not to be able to talk to each other during the downtimes, so maybe just put them at opposite ends of a table. Either way, Players must turn in their scoresheets to 1 specific scorekeeper, to avoid confusion. So, Sega Group A players always reports to one table, and Sega Group B always reports to the other table. The tables are labelled clearly with a sign above them.

I think having one table for GENS and one table for Super Nintendo would be ideal. Of course we need lap tops. Mikey brought his. Would anyone else be willing to lend theirs? The answer will depend on what we can actually do.

• We'll have 8 players reporting scores at the same time at a table, instead of 16, so it'll be quicker. Also, the scorekeepers will spend less time switching between tabs in the spreadsheet, although that's a minor thing.

We are planning for double the number of entries next year.

• The "next game" part of the score card could be tear-off, so you can carry it with you, so you don't even have to remember anything after handing in the score card, you still have the info in your hand.

I'm still not sure that the work is necessary.

• I put the 'next game' time in relative terms ("in 20 minutes") instead of a specific time ("11:45am"). I'm not sure if that's the way to do it or not. Maybe using specific times is better, since then it's more objective when someone can be forfeited. On the other hand, if we use the relative times, I think we might be able to finish earlier, if all goes well. Probably better to use the absolute times, though... and tell people to be there 5 minutes early and to do the coin toss while the other game is still going.
  • Nametags could have a table pre-printed on them, for the players to fill in their chosen teams when they win the coin toss.

Yes. I saw someone else suggest this (bobk?)...writing their chosen teams on their name tags. It's a good suggestion to keep things honest.

Yes!

• Nametags could be different shapes for Sega/SNES. Or have different coloured lanyards for Sega/SNES.

Will see what we can do to provide originality for each group with these suggestions.

Indeed.

Steal some from kids school supplies.

• The "next opponent" thing could also indicate which Station that game is played at, so you can go check if the player is still playing and then meet him there, "looks like you lost game B17, so we're playing next, game B24 at station 7"
  • If demand is high, we could do 80 players per system by doing 5 groups of 16, taking the top 3 from each group, then taking the best 4th-place finisher as the 16th finalist (maybe have a showdown between the two 4th-place finishers with the best goal-per-game differential). We'd need 20 Stations -- 8 dedicated Sega, 8 dedicated SNES, 4 that are Sega in the morning and SNES in the afternoon.

We'll look at the format when we get closer to the date. I still want to stay with triple elim for the opening round and for the final round.

Thanks for the replies :)

I added some stuff, in blue.

attachicon.gifscorecard.png

Love the score card bud. That's a lot of work to print off every single individual game. I'm not sure that it's necessary? I think it can be simplified a bit. We can chat later on this.

Basically most of the work is making the cards for the ~50 games of a single 16-team triple-elim. After that, you just clone it and do some find/replace to to change the group number and station number. There's a big paper cutter thing at my work, don't have to cut them individually. But, it could be simplified by having generic score cards then they fill out their game # on the card, and they just check the printout of the bracket on the table for their next game, which has the info about what table each game is played on it and the time.

We'll have to do some visualizing to try to see if people will 'get' the various ideas/setups :P

Yeah..I like to leave as the winner must report the score. If the other player reports the score, I don't really care, but we just need to make sure that the winner is responsible.
yes, very important to have everything confirmed. I started doing this part way through the morning.

Other thoughts...

I think between phones (and if we get a projector to show some brackets, and microphone and speaker to make announcements), we should be fine here.

Hopefully... The secret sauce here is that the info of where their next game is played is immediately obvious, even if they don't know who they're playing, don't have a phone, the score hasn't been submitted...

I think having one table for GENS and one table for Super Nintendo would be ideal. Of course we need lap tops. Mikey brought his. Would anyone else be willing to lend theirs? The answer will depend on what we can actually do.

The reason I was thinking to split the scorekeeping location-wise, instead of console-wise, is to keep the players of different-groups-same-console from mixing. You also don't need to switch between spreadsheet tabs, only browser tabs. But if the games are tied to particular tables, then maybe that worry is unfounded.

Getting a second laptop should be easy since people know we really need it now; unfortunately mine was (and is) out-of-commission.

We are planning for double the number of entries next year.

Holy smokes, ok, we're really going to need either more machines, fewer games, or stretch it out over 2 days. Might want to do something like have a "locals" qualifying tourney ahead of time, then the bigger tourney a week or two later (which would be tricky to do equitably).

We'll need more scorekeepers, too. Maybe we can use tablets to enter scores at the consoles (my phone was painfully slow). We may need to be a little more forceful in getting "volunteers" :P. Or maybe even hire a couple people, non-players; $100/day to sit around and enter scores might appeal to some people. Or waive their entry fee for some players if they'll be a dedicated score-keeper when their group isn't playing.

I'm still not sure that the work is necessary.

I think it's worth considering anything that we can do ahead of time that makes things smoother on the actual day. Wouldn't even need to half-cut the paper to make it look like a pull-off -- just put that part at the edge, and they can rip it off if they want to keep the info in their hands.

Yes. I saw someone else suggest this (bobk?)...writing their chosen teams on their name tags. It's a good suggestion to keep things honest.
Yes!
Will see what we can do to provide originality for each group with these suggestions.
Indeed.
Steal some from kids school supplies.
We'll look at the format when we get closer to the date. I still want to stay with triple elim for the opening round and for the final round.

I like the format, too, although if we really want to do 256 players, something will need to change (venue, timeframe, or format).

If we abandon the idea of tying each game to a particular station, and instead go for a play-as-soon-as-a-system-is-ready format, we could potentially speed things up by tightening the mercy rules to something like down 5 goals in the first period, down 7 in the 2nd, down 10 in the 3rd. Anyone remember any big comebacks from those kinds of deficits (not that they're impossible, just improbable)? But I really don't think an as-soon-as-ready system will be consistently faster -- because since games depend on past games, then if you get 2 or 3 long games in a row on the same machine, it wipes out all the time gained on the other machines.

A suggestion.

Do a quick group attendance and pep-talk for every group. Roll call would give everyone an opportunity to see all of the opponents in their group to more easily identify them for games.

A suggestion.

Do a quick group attendance and pep-talk for every group. Roll call would give everyone an opportunity to see all of the opponents in their group to more easily identify them for games.

Yes, good idea

If necessary, we could stagger the starting times of the groups, if we don't want to do the pep talks all at the same time. We'd just get the first group to play on all the consoles before going back to playing only on "their" consoles. But I suppose we can do the talks all at the same time, just get one of the veterans in the group to do it.

Here's an idea that would incorporate a few of the things talked about.

Instead of flimsy name tags, put a small (4-6 page) booklet together with tourney info inside, and a couple of pages to track games/opponents/scores/teams.

Make it look like a mini game program from a hockey game, like a collectible program from the event. Heck you could advertise NHL94 inside, or even sell advertising.

That'd be neat. Bit more work than just using the paper cutter, though.

Is the idea that the booklet hangs off their lanyard, and still has their name on the outside for identification?

Request for Dates for summer 2016 King of 94 Tourney: starting June 9 or after, ending July 26 or prior

Request for Venue: Somewhere in Los Angeles area

I was unable to attend the King of 94 tourney, as I had to leave to go overseas for work on July 31. Generally, I spend summers in Los Angeles from about June 10-July 30 or so. I am up for a tourney every summer, if we can rally the guys and find a venue. I would play NHL 94 online but I am on a Mac, and every time I try to get set up, I get stuck. So, I just play NHL 16 (or whatever the most current game is) online, and am generally left unsatisfied.

Edited by Cosmic

I would play NHL 94 online but I am on a Mac, and every time I try to get set up, I get stuck. So, I just play NHL 16 (or whatever the most current game is) online, and am generally left unsatisfied.

No problem bud, I got you PM, just hit me up on AIM and I can help you get set up.

Play on a Mac works great.

I am using it in our current Classic Gens League and I know that it also works with SNES as Halifax uses it.

I have had no issues what so ever.

Request for Dates for summer 2016 King of 94 Tourney: starting June 9 or after, ending July 26 or prior

I was unable to attend the King of 94 tourney, as I had to leave to go overseas for work on July 31. Generally, I spend summers in Los Angeles from about June 10-July 30 or so. I am up for a tourney every summer, if we can rally the guys and find a venue.

Who are you Gary Bettman?

While LA would be fairly close for me and summer would be great as I am a teacher.

King of 94 needs to be in an Original 6 city or Sakatoon or Hay River.

I think a better idea is for you to organize a second King of 94 Expansion tour stop in LA.

I would like to have one near Lake Tahoe.

I also wish KO94 was later so it was actually Hockey season.

Who are you Gary Bettman?

While LA would be fairly close for me and summer would be great as I am a teacher.

King of 94 needs to be in an Original 6 city or Sakatoon or Hay River.

I think a better idea is for you to organize a second King of 94 Expansion tour stop in LA.

I would like to have one near Lake Tahoe.

I also wish KO94 was later so it was actually Hockey season.

When I wrote that, about doing KO94 in LA, I figured it may not have been the best idea, and it would morph into something better. So, yes, this will work. LA, Tahoe, Vegas, wherever- I am happy to drive up to 6-8 hours, and meet everybody in a hotel/ convention center type setting, and then game all day and night. Do you have any idea on how to organize, get sponsors, etc.?

That'd be neat. Bit more work than just using the paper cutter, though.

Is the idea that the booklet hangs off their lanyard, and still has their name on the outside for identification?

Yeah, nametag/tourney rules/scores/autographs.

What do you guys think the turnout would be if it was in say Vegas, NYC or Chicago?

I'm concerned the fact a high % of players were from the GTA it might be tougher elsewhere? What about Montreal?

What do you guys think the turnout would be if it was in say Vegas, NYC or Chicago?

I'm concerned the fact a high % of players were from the GTA it might be tougher elsewhere? What about Montreal?

It would seem that whatever was done to get those guys in the Toronto tourney who were from the GTA, would generalize to the GA or whichever venus is identified. For example, if we had a tourney in Los Angeles, then I would guess that we would get a lot of guys from the GLA area coming out of the woodwork. Or not. Hard to say. Vegas might be a better venue (than Los Angeles, or anywhere between San Diego to Santa Barbara), as hotels are pricey in LA and it is not really set up for visitors as well as Vegas is. I guess the greater Las Vegas area, where guys would flock from, would likely include the rest of Nevada (which is not much, I do not think), Arizona & SoCal.

I was unable to attend the King of 94 tourney, as I had to leave to go overseas for work on July 31. Generally, I spend summers in Los Angeles from about June 10-July 30 or so. I am up for a tourney every summer, if we can rally the guys and find a venue. I would play NHL 94 online but I am on a Mac, and every time I try to get set up, I get stuck. So, I just play NHL 16 (or whatever the most current game is) online, and am generally left unsatisfied.

Love your passion for the game bud! As for hosting one in LA, it's very unlikely that we would do this. Someone from LA would have to organize this themselves(and we want to see more tournaments being held elsewhere). I think your best bet to get in on a live tourney is attending one of Coachmac's tourneys!

NYC, Chicago, Montreal would all get a lot of people. Vegas seems less likely. But it's hard to say what the turnout would be, because that all depends on how much you get the word out and what kind of marketing(if any) is done. Toronto was probably 85% sold before he was marketing anything. Also, how many do you want to have? Start with smaller numbers and build on that.