NHL'94 Forums

King of 94 Tournament - Spreadsheet Mistakes and Missing Info

smozoma

I noticed there are some mistakes in the game recording (other than the obvious when I gave myself a loss :/)

Zeppelin was recorded as beating TomKabs for 3rd, so I fixed that.

I think the teams are backwards between Brutus and I (NYI/HFD) so I'll ask about that..

Some coin tosses are missing:

• AJ (VAN) vs KG (DET) 3rd place game
  • Group D, game 25, Jeff Fel (BOS) vs Mark R (CGY). I guess we won't find out this one...
  • Group F, game 41, Mark F (DAL) vs BoKnows (EDM)

Anyone notice anything else funny? I thought I saw one in the brackets where it said one team won, but the other team advanced, which would be a spreadsheet error not a data reporting error. I'll have to find that again and fix it.

Also I noticed that the spreadsheet was filling in names in the finals before the finalists had been determined, so I'll look into that.

I hate to raise this issue, but I figure someone else will notice it soon anyway.

If the spreadsheet is correct, then our SNES champion did in fact pick the same matchup twice during the tournament (MTL/NYR was chosen twice in Bracket G).

Not sure what this means. I'm sure it was done unintentionally (without knowing a rule was being broken). But at the same time, I'm sure many other competitors would have liked to do the same, i.e. pick the same matchup more than once. For example, in the finals, Annatar could have picked a matchup that he had previously found success with.

I think if this rule continues to exist for future tournaments, it needs to be tracked somehow, or the consequences of breaking the rule need to be clear.

My first game was Hartford (Me) vs Philly.

I won 7-4.

It shows correctly in C schedule but in the C bracket shows BUF vs BOS

I figured out the problem here, it was copy/paste errors when I made the brackets. Games 5,6,7,8 are all messed up. Easy fix, no data lost, nothing to worry about.

I hate to raise this issue, but I figure someone else will notice it soon anyway.

If the spreadsheet is correct, then our SNES champion did in fact pick the same matchup twice during the tournament (MTL/NYR was chosen twice in Bracket G).

Not sure what this means. I'm sure it was done unintentionally (without knowing a rule was being broken). But at the same time, I'm sure many other competitors would have liked to do the same, i.e. pick the same matchup more than once. For example, in the finals, Annatar could have picked a matchup that he had previously found success with.

I think if this rule continues to exist for future tournaments, it needs to be tracked somehow, or the consequences of breaking the rule need to be clear.

I think we should write the matchups that we choose on our lanyard, so it's easy to check. I tried writing it on the rules sheet at a station, but that didn't work.

Btw, smoz, are you able to quickly put together stats for which teams were selected, which matchups, frequency, etc? I'd like to do this too, but don't want to duplicate efforts.

Also, you can share the google doc, but not allow people to make edits. If you're worried that someone can still make edits, just make a copy and share one of the files (users can view, but not edit). You can keep the other for safekeeping.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again --- great job on the spreadsheet!

I'll export it and try to post it tonight.

Not sure if it's good enough but you can probably do a File -> Save As in your web browser on a desktop computer.

An export/download would be great, thanks so much!

(The "save as" didn'twork right for me.)

Btw, smoz, are you able to quickly put together stats for which teams were selected, which matchups, frequency, etc? I'd like to do this too, but don't want to duplicate efforts.

Also, you can share the google doc, but not allow people to make edits. If you're worried that someone can still make edits, just make a copy and share one of the files (users can view, but not edit). You can keep the other for safekeeping.

A quick reply and I'll cover other points and messages later tonight: feel free to collect the team matchup and coin toss info, as I have no shortcut for it and won't have time (I'm away Thursday-Wednesday). Thanks!

my 1st game of tounament vs craig was 10-0 mercy i had toronto and he had tampa ....he won the coin toss of coarse :)

I can't tell if you're just messing around trying to get the 1 goal against erased, or if it was actually 10-0 :D. Please advise :D

I fixed all these:

I'm pretty sure I won the coin toss so he was home.

My first game was Hartford (Me) vs Philly.

I won 7-4.

It shows correctly in C schedule but in the C bracket shows BUF vs BOS

According to the Gens D bracket, G7 shows Mikey winning, but not advancing - assuming the score is reversed.

My first round in the final 16 against Roberto shows correctly in the schedule as a win with NJ 8 vs NYI 5, I won the coin flip. On the bracket page, it shows a 9-7 loss BUF WPG, but had me moving on correctly, so not sure where that's coming from.

I just noticed Ice's game vs EA in the 1st round is also incorrect on the bracket, but correct on the schedule page. I watched that one (8-7 win for EA using MTL vs VAN), was great game. Looks like game 7 is showing game 19.

Can you tell me the steps for sharing it the way you're saying? As far as I know, I already shared it for public viewing, and me and halifax could edit it (and I added you tonight).

(as mentioned in a previous post, please go ahead and do the matchups stuff if you want, I won't have the chance for a couple weeks)

Group g game #30 should be 13-3. Not 14-3. As the mercy rule takes effect. If you want to change it you can. Or I can do it when it get home.

Something missing from the final standings in each of the final 16 brackets. It has both kgman and mikail finishing 4-0 in the standings section and raph and annatar finishing with one loss.

Maybe next time official gamesheets could be printed off and collected after being signed by both players? That could eliminate some of the confusion that builds up in the aftermath since it's not easy to contact everyone that played a game.