NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 11 A - Cup Odds

HABS

With the start of the playoffs I thought I would do the Blitz cup odds after years away from the game.

(1) ANA - Plabax -2800

(8) FLA - Brutus +2800

Season Series: 4-0 ANA

All time blitz playoffs: Never met

Brutus has had a somewhat mediocre season and has had trouble scoring this season at 3.08 GFA and has really struggled on the road going 6-15. Plabax comes in with a phenomenal season winning 32/44 games, leading the league in GFA by a wide margin at 5.49 and boasts the 3rd best defense with a 3.02 GAA.

Prediction: Anaheim in 5

(2) DAL - KingRaph -600

(7) WPG - Zepplin +600

Season Series: 4-0 NYR

KingRaph led the league in wins with a superb 33-11 record. Was 2nd in GFA and 4th in GAA. He is a perennial favourite in every league and this one is no different. Zepplin has struggled a bit with consistency, at times he has been very impressive at other times he has gone on prolonged bad runs such as losing 6 in a row going into the playoffs. Still he is a live dog and the potential for an upset is there.

Prediction: DAL in 6

(3) CHI - Zalex -450

(6) STL - Sicarious Fulgor +450

Season Series: 3-1 CHI

Zalex and Chicago come into the playoffs as one of the hotter teams. Posting impressive home and away records and the #1 GAA at 2.83, you know the trapon will be in full effect. Sicarious comes in boasting the 5th best GAA at 3.52 and has found a way to grind out wins giving him a very respectable 21-22-1 record. He also comes in winning 7 of his final 10 games. I expect some low scoring, entertaining games here.

Prediction: CHI in 6

(4) MTL - HABS -140

(5) DET - IceStorm +140

Season Series: 2-1-1 MTL

All time blitz playoffs: 3-0 HABS (12-4)

This is a classic Blitz match-up and the fourth time in Blitz playoff history that these two have met in the first round. Both teams know each other very well. HABS comes in with the 2nd best defensive team with a 3.01 GAA, while IceStorm has been fantastic offensively scoring at a 4.38 GFA clip good for third best in the league. Ice also comes in as one of the hotter teams going 7-2-1. A great match-up of defense vs offense in this one.

Prediction: MTL in 7

Blitz Cup Odds

(1) ANA - Plabax +105

(2) DAL - KingRaph +115

(3) CHI - Zalex +600

(4) MTL - HABS +700

(5) DET - IceStorm +800

(6) STL - Sicarious Fulgor +2000

(7) WPG - Zepplin +2000

(8) FLA - Brutus +7000

BLITZ ODDS!! This makes me happy.

I'll take

Anaheim in 4 -- I agree, goal scoring will be tough for Florida vs Plabax as the entire offense is on Mogs and Plabax is too good to be surprised there. Gagner and Dino tied for goals on Anaheim, Plabax can score with anyone. Offense wins championships.

Dallas in 6 -- I've gotten the best of Zeppelin recently, but each game is tough. I can see him squeezing out two, but Smith and McSorely provide enough beef on D to neutralize Tikk.

Chicago in 6 -- TRAPON-MOVES-ON for sure here, Zalex is playing great and seems to have restored his GA recently. However, the Blues won't try to matchup with size, they'll use speed, and that will be tough for Chicago. Sicarius squeezes out two to make it interesting.

Montreal in 6 -- Love both coaches, but I think Montreal has the better team. Geoff #1 goal scorer for Detroit...and Otto does not have the checks for this season to warrant a starting lineup. Not sure if Coffey is Ice's style. I'll take Luc and Theo.

I got all the top seeds advancing with plabax taking out king in 7 in the final.

Raph you're spot on with my teams analysis plus Habs failed to Mention he's won all three prior meetings in blitz!!!!!

If only I could unlock Coffey!

Ice and the refs take down Habs 4 games to 1

Crazy series of mostly all tight one goal games. The hockey gods showed some sympathy towards Ice by giving him a 28-6 advantage in pims in this series. Habs had a consistent stream of guys hitting the box throughout the first four games of the series. The deciding 5th game found no pims called.

After getting dominated in our previous 3 Blitz series 12 games to 4, Bellows AND Otto pulled out the upset.

Game 1 @ MTL 4-3 MTL
Game 2 @ MTL 5-2 DET
Game 3 @ DET 5-4 DET
Game 4 @ DET 6-5 DET OT
Game 5 @ MTL 5-3 DET

GGS Habs

Not sure what you mean, but I feel there is a super high correlation between goals/game and wins.

The way I see it:

Average defense can't shut down bad offense, but great defense can shut down great offense.