NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 11 B Playoff Preview

wallywojo

Blitz B Preview

#1 Wally vs #8 Skeletor/JJ

I finished the regular season 24-8-2 and had the lowest GAA in the league. Hull finished the league 4th in scoring and goals. Hextall led with a 2.29 GAA. Skeletor finished at 9-22-1. He was led by Kamensy with finished 9th in scoring and then Modano chipping in. JnJ finished at 3-27. For him Russ Courtnall led scoring followed by Niewendyk and Bure but didn’t get the results he wanted with his speedy team in the regular season. In the past we all have all played each other pretty closely but in the last classic playoffs JnJ beat me up pretty badly.
Prediction: Wally in 5

#2 Skip vs #7 Darko

Skip finished 20-13-3 and was second in goals scored this season. He has the league leader in points with Joe Sakic and number 7 in Savard. Fuhr was second in save %. Blake led everyone in checks at 322. Darko had a 14-17-2 record this season and had the fifth leading scorer in Dougie Gilmour. During the regular season matchup Darko had the edge 1-2-1 so this looks to be a close series. In the games that Darko won he limited the chances of Sakic to four or fewer. If he does this again he can win this series.
Prediction: Skip in 7

3 RoBro vs #6 Chaos

RoBro finished at 14-4-2 with a great win percentage and second in GFA. Klima leads the kings and was 4th overall in Pts/G as well as Federov and Semak 10th and 11th respectively. Terreri was 3rd in sv %. Chaos was 10-9-1 this season and I am sure is sleep deprived so this is a good time to face him J. His offense led by Sundin was the 5th best in Pts/G this season as well as Bourque leading all defensemen in that same category. The shaky part for Chaos will be the Beezer in net. Lots of manual goaltending will be required for a deep playoff run. They didn’t get a chance to play each other in the regular season.
Prediction: RoBro in 6

#4 Lupz vs #5 Jer

Lupz had the second highest point total and the highest GF this season in B. The speedy sniper Gartner was 2nd in points as well as Gord Murphy leading all D in points and Suter led in PIMs. Jer played all his games and that is an impressive feat this season. In those he had a 19-22-3 record and was third in goals. His main man was Roberts who was 3rd in scoring and Jagr was 10th in checks and led the league in assists. Also, jer was a checking machine as his Dmen were 4 and 5 and his forwards were the leaders with Jagr at 186 and Roberts just behind him. (He had 4 players ahead of my first on the list). The season series went to Lupz 2-1-1 but Jer did have a big win. Last season jer swept Lupz in the regular season.
Prediction: Jer in 7

Stats

flBCinj.png

Edited by wallywojo

Nice job Wally. I updated the site to put Skeletor in as the 8th seed vs Wally.

Skeletor's health is good and he got a new modem the other day so that should be a do-able series.

Best of luck everyone in B. Let's get our games in.

Nice write up Wally, always appreciated. Me, and Jer finished our series, let me know who I play in Rd 2, and when it is decided.

Wow.. so many DNPs in Blitz B. What happened? Can people play the games anyway during the playoffs just to fill out the schedule and stats?

Yup, and the only 2 guys to reach 40 games were first to play their playoff series, rough showing in Blitz B, I think the summer had a lot to do with it thou.

Summer had nothing to do with missing games. It's a myth. I ran GDL over summer and it was fine. Just need to be on top of things. This was just left for dead. :(

I got lucky to get my games in early because I was literally unable to play games the last 6 weeks because of working 16 hour nights, and thats because of the summer for me, and a family vacation thrown in it was tough, that is why I am so far behind in gdl, but tryin my hardest to get as many games as pofssible every night until I catch up now that work has slowed.

Draft ran, schedule set & one of the smoother showings for A in quite some time, IMO.

But, B had 6 guys not participating w/ out a wait list & the guys not playing were seasoned, so I dontt blame summer.

I think anyone could have stepped in & found replacements if they were around, not just me, so I don't agree w/ Raph's analogy. No one saw guys in the waiting, no one wanted to play blitz B that was Blitz B type guys.

Hokkee's rant type post rarely get anyone playing games so I don't see much more I would have done other than observe B was not going to finish as scheduled & delay for 2 more months?

If it were "left for dead", and the commish really affected games played, A wouldn't have finished on time. I was silent, but just don't see any difference in results regardless aside from recruiting 6 new B guys from the street.

Draft ran, schedule set & one of the smoother showings for A in quite some time, IMO.

But, B had 6 guys not participating w/ out a wait list & the guys not playing were seasoned, so I dontt blame summer.

I think anyone could have stepped in & found replacements if they were around, not just me, so I don't agree w/ Raph's analogy. No one saw guys in the waiting, no one wanted to play blitz B that was Blitz B type guys.

Hokkee's rant type post rarely get anyone playing games so I don't see much more I would have done other than observe B was not going to finish as scheduled & delay for 2 more months?

If it were "left for dead", and the commish really affected games played, A wouldn't have finished on time. I was silent, but just don't see any difference in results regardless aside from recruiting 6 new B guys from the street.

ooo

post-1168-0-42767800-1443782765_thumb.jp

yeah i had a terrible season due to moving midseason and underestimating how much of an impact that would have, i'll take my share of the blame for signing up to play in leagues i didnt have the time/energy for.

but, i'm around for the playoffs. hopefully chaos and i can get ours in these next few days.

Skip and i play our serie yesterday and his Boston guys beat NJ in 5!!!

Great serie and great D from Skip. I felt like i won't be able to win that one!!!

Congrats and good luck to you my friend. And good luck to the other guys!!!

fun series with Skeletor. Hull had a big series with 11 goals and 4 assists while Skeletor was led by Modano in scoring but he just couldn't get it going for him. Game 3 saw PHI switch to kamensky at center and he had some success with that combination. After losing a close one at home PHI came back with a big win and included Hull getting benched for 30 seconds in the 2nd after missing too many chances. He came back in the third to make it a two goal game but then Skeletor went ahead and that solidified his first win. Game 5 at home was tight as well and in OT Hull put in a slapper to finish the series. The first game Skeletor had to battle the refs with all the penalties so that was hard to overcome. GGs bud.