NHL'94 Forums

Brad May comments on JR and EA Sports

IceStorm70

So this morning on hockey hotline in Buffalo, Brad may joined Andrew peters and the topic of Jeremy Roenick came up.

Andrew stated JR was the best in Sega and forgot to mention it to him last time they met. Brad May said you know there's a reason for that ,not only was he a great player he was also good friends with a lot of the guys at EA sports.

so not too many people knew this but if you were friends with the guys at EA sports you got higher ratings. pretty funny brad telling that story

I don't think it's bugs, I think he's just at some weird sweet-spot with his Awareness attributes, that when combined with his speed and shot make him really dangerous? They probably thought he had great skills, but not much hockey sense, but that doesn't matter so much in 94.

Exhibit A for my Klima theory

http://redwingslegends.blogspot.ca/2007/03/petr-klima.html

Edmonton Sun reporter Terry Jones perhaps said it best about Petr Klima when he said "Petr Klima is 32 years old, played 12 years in the NHL and has never broken a sweat."

Klima was a tremendously talented left winger who played in 773 NHL games, scoring 312 goals and 260 assists for the Detroit Red Wings, Edmonton Oilers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Los Angeles Kings and Pittsburgh Penguins. Despite his breathtaking skating ability, marvelous hands and cannon-like shot, Klima was a lazy player who was too satisfied with decent offensive numbers when he could have posted superstar statistics.

And from Wikipedia... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petr_Kl%C3%ADma

Although he was one of Detroit's bigger stars in the late 1980s, Petr Klíma was also a problem for the Red Wings management. That situation came to a head during training camp on Sep 23, 1988, when Detroit suspended Klíma indefinitely, along with Bob Probert, for breaking team rules. At the time of the suspension, the Wings said they would trade Klíma, although this never happened. The team also said it would not take Klíma back until he had his drinking under control. As a result, Klíma missed the start of the 1988–89 season before being reinstated on Oct. 13, 1988, and sent to Adirondack (AHL) on Oct 16, 1988. He finally made his 1988–89 NHL regular-season debut during Detroit's Nov 6, 1988, game vs. Edmonton where he posted an assist. At his first practice with the team, on Nov 5, 1988, Klíma offered a heartfelt apology to his Wings teammates for his earlier behavior, much of which was alcohol-related. During his months back, Klíma roomed with Probert, who was also attempting to beat a drinking problem. Klíma managed to stay clean, but Probert wasn't so lucky as Probert's cocaine addiction got him in further trouble, including a six-month prison term during the next season.[2]

What's the StH thing?

Stick-handling is what gives the ability to stay up and "toddle" (is that what we're calling it?) after a b-check. Plabax is an expert at dodging checks and with high stick players, he comes right through your D for goal scoring chances. You can argue it's the most important attribute these days!

Voc is the inventor of the term toddling, I think it's the funniest one

Seth often calls deking 'wiggling' so let's not mix these 2 all around haha

Then again, Seth calls the toddling/stk thing 'riding his horse.' I think it's a funny ass term too, kinda looks like that. Seems like some sort of a dance move to me