NHL'94 Forums

NHL16 (The Ultimate NHL ROM)

skip

thanks. you haven't been that bad, though. you keep it to the general bickering level that is actually appropriate for the trashtalking that is natural while playing -- and discussing -- the game. you act like a jerk in response to my tactless posting standard, which is appropriate. the stuff that was removed from here was a different level of hateful and it wasn't me. it's not cool that the issue has been whitewashed with the history rewritten to fault me. but, when clowns run the circus or patients run the asylum.... where're Chaos and Evan for levelheaded action? not here, so we get what we got: a hugely biased and disproportionate response.

you are an idiot. shut up

exactly. that's how you do that. (and maybe drop the nastier action in private messages.) if you keep near that level newcomers are at least slightly less intimidated than when simple expression of a belief is suppressed and denigrated and the evidence is whitewashed and lied over. if we could keep it at a nice "shut the fuck up," that'd be alright. a member should be allowed to participate in discussion, not as a "SNES opinion," despite clearly being a "16 bit EA hockey videogames opinion." hacks like this give one of the middle-tier editions of EA's series the attention it needs to be the sweetness. this is one that does it and I encourage Skip's devotion to churning them out and giving them the attention to detail that helps with player immersion and overall fun.

Honestly, you cry, they take it off, you cry again.

I've never seen such a sensitive troll.

The only devotion here is by you to seemingly keep posting in a thread about how people react to your garbage posts and then to only further hijack the threads by trolling more about how they react to your posts, and more, and more.

It's an endless supply of trolling. I'm sad they deleted my rude post, because it is the internet, there did exist some great comedy in that post, and in all reality, aside from the 5 minutes a day we spend reading/posting here, it's not like this stuff has any real outcome on our daily lives. Playing a 20 year old game is for entertainment, as much as reading about variations of the 20 year old game, as well as arguing over it. Aside from perhaps, hopefully, getting enough of a rise to make you pound your keyboard for a whole 2 seconds, I would be STUNNED if it had much more of an impact.

That said, Saturday night, when I finally flushed the toilet, it was the biggest smile I've had in a while. So, troll away. It only brings me back to that moment now.

gross. I'm glad you've moved on, too. do you have anything to contribute about the subject at hand or are you just describing the color of the kettle?

I know it's sophomoric & all the things you don't understand, but oddly, as I'm sitting here on the crapper reading your continued trolling by implying someone besides yourself is the useless poster, I can't help but have another giant smile on my face as I'm about to flush.

Thx bud. Way to get 'er done. I knew I could count on you :)

Troll away brother.

I am a big fan of maintaining as much of the Original rom as possible.

The longer I am involved here and the more different roms I make the more I am convinced that the original "got it right"

The original is what we all fell in love with.

I now try to maintain the gameplay and feel as much as possible.

Kinda what you said Brutus of just having the variation be that Theo Fleury is playing the role of Gordie Howe and Roenick is playing the role of Bobby Hull, etc....

Even when I did the Home Ice thing I just maxed it out for everybody.

and when the other guys in the league did not like it I backed it off for everybody.

Thanks for the compliments on my leagues Brutus.

Once Classic is rolling along and my HS Football season ends watch for a Classic 92 League (but with more line edits allowed) and a 94 Original 6 League.

Hey CoachMac, cool - I agree as well. I am not the hackiest hacker around, so I actually don't know how that gets changed. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, glad everyone is on board for a league. Since blitz is dead, I want to make this the new league that we get going. So let's get the ROM perfect and get that started! I am going to try to get chaos' help to set up a league, will keep you posted.

-Skip

Hey skip, at what point would you add a guy like Daniel Sprong? If he makes it past his nine-day introductory phase (or whatever you want to call it)?

He is in my V2 - releasing....NOW!

Clean it up fellows.

Tru lighten up. Plabax did nothing but offer his opinion on updating skips rom. You jumped in and turned into something more than it was.

Come on guys, this is supposed to bring us together, not drive us apart :) Let's get this league going! After chaos says he'll help with the set up (hoping he will) I will begin a registration period. Anyone who posted on here or told me they'd be in gets first crack. I think we can do a 26-30 team league, though the draft will be long.

Second order of business is to make that skating thing a reality. I don't hack the game, I just spend hours doing the rosters ;-) so I'd need someone to hop in and help out.

Thanks,

Skip

I will update V3 as soon as possible, which will include swos rom changes. I went with the hot and cold is accurate, and adjusts evenly. I will update sometime this weekend with V3.

Come on guys, this is supposed to bring us together, not drive us apart :) Let's get this league going! After chaos says he'll help with the set up (hoping he will) I will begin a registration period. Anyone who posted on here or told me they'd be in gets first crack. I think we can do a 26-30 team league, though the draft will be long.

Second order of business is to make that skating thing a reality. I don't hack the game, I just spend hours doing the rosters ;-) so I'd need someone to hop in and help out.

Thanks,

Skip

26-30 teams would be awesome but might be a bit optimistic based on recent Blitz and GDL games unplayed. 12-16 might be more reasonable.

Posting V3 now.

@Trudat - it will still have variation. But a cold player will be cold across the board rather than having the ratings being all over the place. I will explain in the post.

I probably won't do another update for a month or two, but I will be doing a "Tournament Edition" with line edits that make it easier to mess around online or with your friends. Been doing a lot of edits and need to catch up in some leagues, so that probably won't come for a few weeks.

....it will still have variation. But a cold player will be cold across the board rather than having the ratings being all over the place....

I get it, I just don't like it. the full variation was one of the best optional actions this thing had.

This league is confirmed and really will happen. http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/17202-nhl2016-league/

General Manager and Team Finalization Date:

Sunday, October 25th

Draft Start Date:

Sunday, November 1st

League Start Date:

Sunday, November 25th

League Rules:

*Using my 2016 gens ROM (uses weight bug fix, smoz hacks for hot/cold and new weight range)

*Penalties ON, No offsides, no line changes

*Draft your players from the 2016 ROM players (ie. Crosby, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Toews)

*12 round player draft (6 fwds, 4 dmen, 2 goalies) - draft will consider user rating (A/B) for the draft order, but it will be randomized. Players in draft are in the excel file here.

*Trading allowed (limited number of preseason trades/free agent moves allowed). Probably allow 5 total moves in pre-season.

*16 to 24 teams

*40-to-56 game schedule - play each team 2x or 4x (needs to be hashed out, but probably moving towards a 40-game schedule)

*1 League for all players (A/B), 2 conferences possibly split into divisions

*Page will be set up for standings and stats, by chaos :-)

*Best-of-7 playoffs series for each playoff round

*Second season would use reverse-order of team finish for draft. Full re-draft. DNPs will count heavily against next season's draft

*Second-season will use Skip's updated ratings for next year (some player will change.) Skip will keep an excel file that shows all changes for the next season

*If you are not available for Round 1 of draft and miss your pick, you will be replaced on the spot (unless you leave Skip a list) If you miss the draft, chances are you won't be invested in the season. I'm new here and I've seen that enough :-) Let's have some fun with some new players and the best game ever!

Just to add to the "realism of the rom", I think there is a big difference between creating roms for individual play vs. creating league roms. That is what has happened here, in order to facilitate a league, skip has allowed for some input from the participants.

Essentially v1 and v2 can stand on their own, where v3+ will be geared for the league.

Yeeeeee nice job Skip. Let me know how I can help out.

Thanks Ice :)

And Jer - you are right on there. I wanted to make the best possible ROM for both, really. But v3 is definitely the first iteration of the league ROM.

I am a big fan of maintaining as much of the Original rom as possible.

The longer I am involved here and the more different roms I make the more I am convinced that the original "got it right"

The original is what we all fell in love with.

I now try to maintain the gameplay and feel as much as possible.

Kinda what you said Brutus of just having the variation be that Theo Fleury is playing the role of Gordie Howe and Roenick is playing the role of Bobby Hull, etc....

Even when I did the Home Ice thing I just maxed it out for everybody.

and when the other guys in the league did not like it I backed it off for everybody.

Thanks for the compliments on my leagues Brutus.

Once Classic is rolling along and my HS Football season ends watch for a Classic 92 League (but with more line edits allowed) and a 94 Original 6 League.

Hey Coach Mac, q for you: when you did the home ice advantage, was it really noticeable? Did you give the road team disadvantages or leave it even? It's an interesting concept.