NHL'94 Forums

Halloween Weekend

The WIFE & KIDS will be gone to Florida for Halloween and a few days after. SOOOOOOOOOO.....

I was thinking of doing a tourney at my house. My only issue is I work Saturday till like 8 pm central, so I would NOT be able to do anything hosting wise for out of towners on Saturday.

But, Saturday night, anyone who wants to make the trip, there is several couches, a futon, and a guest room, so I could put up a few buds if you wanted to save hotel fair, and get some hockey/NHL94 in Saturday night.

Sunday, starting early in the morning, I'd like to get some type of draft, download it onto the EVERDRIVE I have, and slap a tourney or two together. Drafts LIVE couldn't take but 20 minutes. Making the ROM another 30 minutes. Could play games while we draft, etc.

I've got ONE Sega, two sh&t controls, and 3 TV's plus we could play on our PC/Laptops as well.

IF you think you can make it, post here.

IF you need to contact me, PM in the forum, AIM me, text me (630) 862-0965 or email dougtincu@yahoo.com.

I live in Palatine, IL

for those needing to map it to know.

for those who CAN'T make it but might have better one day ideas for US, insight/suggestions welcome.

I'll be providing BEER and grilling some steaks or something for Sunday.

I've got a party I have to help host at my parents house on Halloween and then clean up the next morning will be in order.

I can't commit to saying absolute yes to Sunday but if you can gather a group, I'll do my best to be there Sunday early afternoon.

I'll have a better idea once we get closer to Halloween. Great idea though and thanks for the invite!

Yeah, I figure Halloween might make it hard w/ the kids for those that have young ones. Mine is obviously out of town.

EA, afternoon for some 2v2 sounds like a winner as well.

AN ADD ON if not enough guys can physically make it would be to have a LIVE ONLINE draft/tourney style with some of the games done in person while others done via remote.

The key would be everything gets completed in one day, not dragged out like we love to do.

I will let you know for sure when it gets closer but I think i can do something Sunday. Obviously Saturday will be rough with the kids. Thanks for throwing this out there.

Next weekend is Halloween.

I think KG is trying to figure out if it's worth the trip or not.

I'm working till late Saturday, so I'm not a good mid-day Chicago host. I get out of work around 8 pm, and planned on heading downtown Saturday night to meet up w/ my brother. Anyone else gonna be around Friday night? Saturday on Halloween? to host any out of towners??

Anyone else considering flying in?

Also, who is available for Sunday and what time does everyone want to head out to my place? I'd like to get a head count and time so I know what to set up for my Sunday.

I would really like to partake but I need to help out my parents on Sunday with taking everything down from Halloween. Would hate to say I'll be there and then things take longer and I end up declining last second. Sorry guys, I hope to be able to get some Chi town action in soon though.

Ok, I was trying to do this on Sunday this weekend cause my house was empty anyhow.

But, Ice is in town next weekend. Does next Sunday work better for everyone?

I'd still be willing to host.

Ice what time you get in?

EA, you be more able to come out next Sunday?
Jagr, what's your availability?
Dickon?

Wally?

I'm still up for this weekend, but if it's just Wally & I, that might be a bit redundant!

I just got back into this game recently and am actually going up to the St. Chalres/Geneva area this Saturday for a party. Wish I had known earlier! Sunday will be spent at the awesome Galloping Ghost arcade before we drive back.

• 2 weeks later...

It was delayed to this week/weekend due to everyone being w/ family but me because mine were out of town :(

So I got stupid drunk on Saturday night & slept my Sunday off.

Ice lands around 4 today. I'm available tonight and Wednesday night for nhl94. Anyone else gonna be around?