NHL'94 Forums

Hokkeefan announcing retirement untill.....

hokkeefan

Just want to say im fucked up and need to beat my own demons and I will be leaving 94 untill i become 100 % sober. I love 94 and this community but im really screwed up and need to straighten myself out.My health and family hurting cause of this bullshit. I will be back when i beat drinking ,i need to be happy before i can come back and play 94, love all you guys ! YOU HAVE ALL BEEN A BIG PART OF MY LIFE AND ITS BEEN A BLAST !!!!!! :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Best of luck with those demons bud. I took 5 years off of drinking when I was in my 20's and my kids were little ones. I felt it was inappropriate to be drinking around them, and my Mom drank alot when she was alive, so I felt the need to "check" myself. It's something I'm greatful that I did. It gives me balance to this day.

I might recommend untying the connection between drinking (an drug in essence your brain is jonesing for) and the activities of your life.

IF you truly have a drinking problem that is severe, then you'd have been drinking whether you were playing NHL94 or not, so removing the excuses that something triggers it is a main step in my opinion.

Once you free your mind that something else is causing you to drink and take into account it is your brain finding ways to "trick" you into giving it more of what it wants, excuses to drink, then you are going in the right direction.

But, only the man with the problem can usually solve the problem. Again, best wishes w/ that!

Mad love/support from brute.

I KNOW you can beat this. A good friend of mine was in a similar situation, and has been sober for over 10 years now,

after having had this sickness, since he was in high school.

Hang tough, just like the goalies in NHL94, and you will be back before you know it.

Edited by NHL94PC