NHL'94 Forums

Movie Update.

Hey Guys,

Well I have been super busy, I'm back up in Yellowknife (Northwest Territories) working at my normal day job. I'm doing about ten hours in the Buffalo Airways Hangar a day and 3-4 hours a night on the film. I'm living a breathing NHL '94. I wake up at 6am everyday and play a quick game before I get ready for work. I got the new Framemeister so its looks perfect on an HD screen. (big thanks to Chaos for helping me out when I thought I wrecked it!!!!!) After work I watch one documentary a night and take notes on what I liked and didn't like about it, then I spend my time writing and coming up with story structure.

I have partnered up with a very cool production company and a very experienced producer. So post production is looking really good. We hit the editing suite in November! The Tourism Minster for the NWT made a speech the other day at a film festival that they where excited for Pixelated Heroes! The Northern film commission here has expressed interest in helping fund the rest of the film. I'll be making a press release with any news when it happens.

I do have some shoots left, but I'm holding them off until I have the "story" written, I'm working with writers to make sure this is on the same production level as King of Kong (We are telling a way different story, but I'm looking to it as a base for my quality level). You guys have seen what we can pull off with King of 94, I want to do it a hundred fold with the movie. We will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in th coming months with some killer perks and ill make sure you guys are 100% up to date with that project.

That all being said I don't have to much time to read all the comments on the forum as I want. I very proud of you guys for King of 94!!! If you flew across the country or just took a cab, every person took a 22 year journey to get there! I trust that Halifax, KingRaph and Evan will have next years event at hart and I 10000% trust them on tweaking the rules, logistics and layout. I promise you if we all work together that the King of 94 Two will be the biggest retro sports tournament in history PERIOD!! #TecmoWho and if i continue to work my ass off this winter/spring i'll be sitting next too you watching Pixelated Heroes at Real Sports next Fall, the night before we find out who the next King is!!!

Moving forward with he film, I will not be sharing too much more about the "story" on the forum. I want you guys to watch the movie and come on the same journey as I did to discover WHY we love this game. Basically I can give you a bunch of spoilers and I don't think you guys want that. But I can tell you one thing... Like the Roswell Crash conspiracy, some stuff is real a lot is fake and the truth is stranger then fiction (oh crap now I hope I can live up to that statement lol). I fell like I mite get lost in the dark recesses of post production, if anything pops up that you guys think I should know please email me at mikeymcbryan@gmail.com and the people with my phone number are free to call me anytime, even just to chat!

Again thank you everyone, this project and myself are so lucky to have a family like you guys backing it!

"May all your dirty goals count"

Cheers,

Mikey

Hey Bud,

Really happy to hear things are going well and you are super committed to this!

"I have partnered up with a very cool production company and a very experienced producer." - Having worked on production and post-production side for 10+ years in tv and film, having that kind of experience helping you out will take you project to the next level. You've come this far, glad to see you're only settling for the best!

I really can't wait to see the end product and I'm ready to have another Ko94 tournament tomorrow! :)

I can't wait for this to come out.

King of Kong was one of my favorite movies to come out in the last 10 years when I first saw it at release and that this movie will be done in the same vain makes it that much better.

Keep up the amazing efforts, Mikey!

Mikey,

Great news, and very inspiring post! Thanks so much!

-Evan

Btw - I gotta find the video of my wife and I walking out to the NHL94 theme song on our wedding day if you wanted to include that.

Mikey,

-Evan

Btw - I gotta find the video of my wife and I walking out to the NHL94 theme song on our wedding day if you wanted to include that.

My wife just rolled her eyes at me when she read this Evan :)

Incredible Mikey!

Mikey,

-Evan

amazing

Sounds like a lot of positive developments going on here the news couldn't be any better really it seems.

This all reminds me that I still need to get you the photos I have from my trip to Finland. I'll have to get them from my buddy and look them over. Depch mentioned being a little camera adverse so I'll have to run the stuff by him as well just out of respect. I'll get them to you ASAP once this is all ironed out.

Mikey,

-Evan

Wait, wait, was it the opening theme song? Cuz that would be amazing. Or was it the matchup screen music? Because that would be ASTOUNDING. Especially if the DJ offered critiques and HOT/COLD. :P

Wait, wait, was it the opening theme song? Cuz that would be amazing. Or was it the matchup screen music? Because that would be ASTOUNDING. Especially if the DJ offered critiques and HOT/COLD. :P

It was the opening theme song on Genesis. I have to dig this video up.

(Probably the wrong thread; I just read the movie update, and it inspired me to make this request ... of course, I am looking forward to seeing the documentary, and thus I read McMikey's post in its entirety, and cannot wait to see Pixelated Heroes.):

I got a request (and I will PM the organizers). Can we please have the King of 94 tourney starting after June 10, and ending before July 23? (the closer to Los Angeles, the better, as that is where I stay, and will need to return to, to get back to work overseas). I am overseas for work all year, and would love to participate in an NHL 94 tourney. Don't worry, I am sure I am not a ringer. I mostly play online versus in NHL 16 these days (when I am not lobbying the devs to change the garbagy aspects of it in the EA NHL Forum), and miss my NHL 94 !! Here is an example of some of my "work":

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10368849.page#35260695

(I am IceCosmic in PS4, and on the EA NHL Forums- trying to get EA to bring back the fun and trash the nonsense, did not go over too well though.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63ja7CmDpXA

Edited by Cosmic