NHL'94 Forums

Desyncing and stuttering

aqualizard

Does anyone know what the CPR button actually does?  I mean hardware/software wise.  Does it reset the connection?  Drop all frames in queue or something?

Since the summer, I have been CPR'ing alot during games (twice on average).  Never had to do it before then.  Same router, conn, modem, computer as before I started having the issue.

My hope is that if anyone knows exactly what that button does it will help me troubleshoot (or even hack the game to auto CPR!)

================================

Also this is of interest:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/p2p-kaillera-pp/

"This project contains an improved version of the public domain okai peer to peer kaillerclient.dll file supported by many game system emulators.
I have fixed issues with permanent lockups where even the CPR button didn't help and prevented ping being detected as over 500ms - this both caused packet misorder issues and made the game unplayable.
Also I have added ability to manually switch ping as ping detection can be too unreliable for some connections.
For more details check readme.txt"