NHL'94 Forums

Classic B1 Vegas Odds

Lupz27

Eggink444 (Vancouver) +300, Never actually has the pleasure of playing Egg, but I do know this is a ex grizzled vet who should do quite well with the power house Canucks.

Skip (Winnipeg) +400, Skip was a force to be reckoned with in 2014 Fall Classic winning 30 games I believe, Spring classic he had a down season with an average Quebec team, this year he has the Jets who have the horses to make Skip a force once again.

TexasPachadermy (Buffalo) +450, Tx is always a tough competitor, and one who usually has my number, and once he gets the hang of the 3 stud forwards from Buffalo, added with the great goaltending of Fuhr Tx will have as good as shot as any to claim the right to play the winner of B2.

Lupz27 (Dallas) +500, Not much I really want to say here about myself, I have some experience with Dallas, and was runner up in 2015 Spring Classic with a similar team, if I bring my A game I can play with any of the guys in the B1 division (I think as I've never played Egg).

Jack Vandal (LA) +700, this has less to do with JV, and more so with Hrudey, but if JV gets the offense ramped up with the high powered shooters to go with Gretzky it wouldn't shock me if he mad a run for it.

Labs 66 (Detroit) +800, One of two wild cards in the B1 division, Labs could easily storm his way through this division if he finds his old form with possibly the best team in the game, I'm basing this solely on Labs current form, and he would probably be the best value bet you could make from this division.

McMarkis (Calgary) +1200, played only a handful of games VS McMarkis, and I consider him to be the 2nd of the 2 wildcards as he showed a lot of promise, and skill from a player just picking up the game online, I haven't seen him playing many exis thou, so I'm gonna still have to list him as am outside shot, but if he starts playing a lot, and honing his skill (maybe he has/is, and I just don't know about it) he can be a tough out.

The Field (Agua, Burdy, Bigfoot, mbobbyhall) +2500, I've only had the pleasure of playing 2 of the 4 listed, and odds are from past experience at least 1, maybe more from the group might have to be replaced, nothing personal, or think that of any specific person just basing it off odds that it will happen from past experiences. For the 4 of you guys if you do play out the season it's not unheard of for 1 of you to pick it up quickly, and become a tough out, and if you do end up sticking it out, and take your lumps take it from me who was in your exact shoes 1 year ago in 2014 Fall Classic, barely winning 10 games in my rookie season to runner up in 2015 Spring Classic just 8 months later, if you stick around exi, seek out help from a very helpful community anything can happen, and anyone can become a dangerous opponent, and threaten the top B players very quickly.

Good Luck guys, and can't wait to how this years Fall Classic shakes out!

I have played 3 people in the B league so far, and eggink destroyed me the most, so yeah, I think he is the favorite, based on my limited exposure. (I sure hope he is the best of everyone, or I am in serious troulbe!)

I will say after the whallopping, he offered some excellent constructive criticism, so you can count me as a fan of egg!

I have played 3 people in the B league so far, and eggink destroyed me the most, so yeah, I think he is the favorite, based on my limited exposure. (I sure hope he is the best of everyone, or I am in serious troulbe!)

I will say after the whallopping, he offered some excellent constructive criticism, so you can count me as a fan of egg!

Hey Aqua, wish I had more insight on the game to give you some tips, but I'm not qualified enough for that. Keep playing, exi as much as possible, pick the brains of those willing to forth come any help. I saw TomKabs responded to one of your posts offering help, run don't walk to get in touch with him via AIM, or PM here, he has tons of great insight, and is always willing to help, will go as far as watching videos of your games if you record and send to critique, and give helpful insight on what you did wrong, right, what you could have done, where you need to improve, and how.

Keep at it, take your lumps, don't get upset if you lose 14-0, learn from it, and try to make site you don't get beat that bad the next time, some get upset with guys running up the score, me I get upset when they don't, I need to know I'm playing so bad that someone can hand me that kind of loss, nothing worse than someone letting up because they don't want to run it up, and you maybe score a couple goals, and they shut it down, and don't score, and you think you improved, but it really just was a mercy fake sense of improvement, that's my opinion on that anyways.

GL Aqua, hope to see you around for exis, and in future leagues.

Thanks - you need to have variety so your opponent doesn't know your every move. Certain things come with time, like not always setting up one-timers to your center because the vets are always playing those passing lanes. Learning to switch to manual goalie IMO is the most important basic skill to learn, you can't allow people to abuse your CPU goalie.

Your last game vs me was definitely your best. Sometimes it takes getting used to somebody's style too.

Hey Aqua, wish I had more insight on the game to give you some tips, but I'm not qualified enough for that. Keep playing, exi as much as possible, pick the brains of those willing to forth come any help. I saw TomKabs responded to one of your posts offering help, run don't walk to get in touch with him via AIM, or PM here, he has tons of great insight, and is always willing to help, will go as far as watching videos of your games if you record and send to critique, and give helpful insight on what you did wrong, right, what you could have done, where you need to improve, and how.

Keep at it, take your lumps, don't get upset if you lose 14-0, learn from it, and try to make site you don't get beat that bad the next time, some get upset with guys running up the score, me I get upset when they don't, I need to know I'm playing so bad that someone can hand me that kind of loss, nothing worse than someone letting up because they don't want to run it up, and you maybe score a couple goals, and they shut it down, and don't score, and you think you improved, but it really just was a mercy fake sense of improvement, that's my opinion on that anyways.

GL Aqua, hope to see you around for exis, and in future leagues.

Full disclosure, I usually throttle it back some if I have a really big lead late in the 3rd, only because I've been on the wrong side of those 14-0 games a lot of times and it can be discouraging. I'm not going to dive out of the way with my goalie or anything, but I might not look for that breakaway if it's 10-0.

Edited by eggink444

I think the style others use that Eggink pointed out is something to make note of. Like Lupz states, play as many exis as you can. The more you play, especially against better competition, the quicker your game will rise.

I'm putting my money on McMarkis at +1200. Played some strong exis and I like those odds!

I haven't played him since spring classic, and saw his potential then, that's why I listed him as a wild card to surprise, but haven't seen him playing exis, so didn't know how fresh, or rusty his game was.

with those odds i'll take JV. He's been playing great and i think he can unleash some firepower with those forwards. I've yet to see eggink play but Lupz is always dangerous and skip has been playing great and people have been dangerous with the 'Peg. I've been impressed with mcmarkis. have to remember he is an snes guy first. The sneaky good one here is Texas. I can't remember ever playing him in classic when he had a great team so now with Buffalo it will be interesting to see.

Sleeping on the Lupz I love it (starting 10-2). Seriously thou, all 7 options are capable of winning this thing, it's gonna be an intense playoff!

Bigfoot making a big statement by taking 2 games from JV handily, maybe the value is in the Field!

Edited by Lupz27