NHL'94 Forums

"Export to text" feature

hpman

Hi!

First of all I'd thank you for this magnificent editor.

I was wondering if NOSE could have "Export to text" feature. I mean the kind of system where you could export all the data of the players to normal txt-file.

This would be a handy feature for user to analyse the player attributes. Especially it's handy for Draft leagues where you have to pick the kind of players you want.

Because tha data is already in the NOSE the implementation might not be so difficult.

I think the output could be something like this:

Buffalo Sabres

F Daniel Briere 40 36 5 4 4 4 2 4 1 1 4 4 6 1 4 2

F J.P. Dumont 17 37 8 4 4 4 2 3 2 0 4 4 4 2 3 2

So it's position, name, JNo, OvR, Wgt, Agl, Spd, OfA, DfA, ShP, Chk, H/F, StH, ShA, End, Rgh, Pas, Agr

What do you think?

-hpman

... What do you think?

-hpman

It's definately been considered before just something I've never got around too. It'll happen one day, theres just a few other things I need (want) to do before I get back into enhancing NOSE further.

I've already made a standalone exporter. I don't have a place to host it, but pm me with your email address or send me a message on msn messenger & I can send it to you. If anyone wants to host it, let me know. Eventually I'll probably find a host, but now I don't feel like setting up an acct for 1 file.

Disclaimer: Code is not at all optimized. In fact, probably less than 1/3 of the code actually functions. It was really meant for another purpose, but I hacked it to peices in a couple minutes so just the exporter functions.