NHL'94 Forums

Let's talk about the ZSNES latency setting

schwartz

One of the biggest frustrations with online play, and why tourneys like Kingof94 will always be valuable, is that emulated online play just isn't quite the same as the live console. The controls just aren't as tight, the pace of the game feels generally slower, and using manual goalie requires you to become Nostradamus and divine the future of where the puck is headed.

The latency setting for online is set to 3, but I've found that bumping it down to 2 or even 1 for rock solid connections, makes for a completely different game online. I'm curious if this is common practice at this point, or if people have had different experiences with the settings.

I've never changed any settings like latency. I just accept that the online play is a bit choppier than console, however I don't notice much difference.

You might want to change the Frame skip setting. It is in under Config->Options. This might help with the choppiness