NHL'94 Forums

Everdrive

Buy direct from the guys in Russia, takes a few weeks: http://shop.krikzz.com/EverDrive-MD-v3-EDMDV3.htm

I own this, and yes, very simple to use. This is what we were using to play 2v2 and NBA Jam in Toronto.

Get an SD card (16GB will fit every Genesis ROM ever made with room to spare...you can find sites where you can download all ROMs with one zip file), follow the instructions on the manual (attached):

•Create EDMD folder in the root of SD card;
•Copy MDOS.BIN into EDMD folder;
•Unzip ROM files and copy them to SD card;
•Insert SD card into cartridge

Everdrive Manual: edmd-v3 user manual EN.pdf

MDOS file to put in a folder called EDMD on your SD Card: MDOS.BIN

Costs $78 + $5 shipping. You can get a plastic shell for $9. I'd argue it's worth it for the plastic shell. If you try to open up one of your old Sega Genesis carts, you'll find that the screws have specialty heads and you'll likely have to buy a new tool for that as well. Also, the SD card sticks out the top, so you'll have to cut open a spot on the plastic shell. I bought an Arnold Palmer Golf cart for like $2, bought the specialty screwdrivers, took off the old label, used a Dremel to carve out the plastic for the Everdrive, etc...in hindsight, I should've just payed the $9.

Yeah, I've got one, but have yet to have the chanced to test/use it! Hopefully, next week when Ice comes to town, we can all get some 2v2 going off it.

Bought it when I got back from Toronto. Comes in a package from Russia!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Questions about using the Everdrive.

NHL 94 roms save playoffs.

NHLPA 93 roms do not save playoffs.

Anyone know why? or a fix.

NHL 94 30 team roms work.

NHLPA 93 30 team roms do not.

Anyone know why? or a fix.

• 1 month later...

The original game works fine on my Everdrive MD, but for some reason I get an "prog error 120" message when I try to load up one of the 2016 rom hacks, (I've tried version 3 and version 8) usually when the progress bar says the rom is almost loaded, even though it plays fine on an emulator on my Raspberry Pi. Any ideas? I can't find anything on what that error means.

The everdrive won't run any of my 93 edits using the 30 team rom only the original rom works or edits of the original rom.

All of my 94 roms have worked, but obviously some issue with some of these 30 team rom edits.

I do not know what it is and I asked the same question.

With the 93 roms you don't even get an error message just a blank screen.

The everdrive won't run any of my 93 edits using the 30 team rom only the original rom works or edits of the original rom.

All of my 94 roms have worked, but obviously some issue with some of these 30 team rom edits.

I do not know what it is and I asked the same question.

With the 93 roms you don't even get an error message just a blank screen.

Check and make sure the ROM has a header. Also if your ROM is using decompressed graphics, or if the size is different from the original, the header needs to be updated. The ROM needs to have a header, and needs to be set up properly in order for it to run on a system. The emulator doesn't care about a header. You can find a bunch of info about the header on the internet.

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Genesis_Programming#ROM_header

Awesome info.

As always thanks chaos!

I will report back when I get time, if I was able to fix or what my issue was.

this makes sense though I do wonder why my all decade 94 roms run perfectly on the everdrive.

If you are using NOSE, I'm assuming it modifies the header if changes are made. Could be why the 94 Roms work. Are you using NOSE for 93 also?

• 4 weeks later...

Get an SD card (16GB will fit every Genesis ROM ever made with room to spare...you can find sites where you can download all ROMs with one zip file), follow the instructions on the

Hey Raph, just setting up my Everdrive... what site did you use to download all Gens roms with 1 zip file?

Hey Raph, just setting up my Everdrive... what site did you use to download all Gens roms with 1 zip file?

Dang, don't remember, but I went to two different sites (google something like "Sega Genesis Complete ROM set")...one had each ROM individually, and one had it by letter folder (which was nice to organize).

Dang, don't remember, but I went to two different sites (google something like "Sega Genesis Complete ROM set")...one had each ROM individually, and one had it by letter folder (which was nice to organize).

Thanks for getting back, Raph. I checked out a couple sites last night but I'll keep looking around for the one that you said creates a letter folder. Once I locate it, I'll post it here.

• 8 months later...

I think I am going to bit the bullet and get one of these.

There are so many variations now. X7, X5, X3 Any recommends?

https://krikzz.com/store/

Wow, looks like these just came out in November. I have a V3, and looking at this chart they provide, it seems the X3 will be a lot faster to load. I don't know what a hardware mega key are, or SMS pause button are, etc. It looks like the X3 should be sufficient, as it seems to be an upgrade from what I have, and that works perfectly for me.

x5-vs-x3-vs-edmd.png

I believe I have the same one as Raph. It's awesome. Even the load times on the older version aren't bad at all so that's something to consider if there is a price spread b/w the 2. My one tip to potential buyers is make sure you buy the correct size SD card. I know, probably something most people know but I didn't realize there were different sizes until I bought mine last year. Good luck!

Biggest difference between X5 and X3 is Sega-CD compatibility. If you want to play Sega CD games, get the X5. SMS pause button has to do with Sega Master System emulation. The Genesis/Mega-Drive had an attachment called the Power Base that used to play SMS games (backward compatibility, SMS was the 8-bit system released before Genesis). Biggest difference between the X3 and the V3 is the loading time, which is essentially nothing.

Biggest difference between the X3 and the V3 is the loading time, which is essentially nothing.

The difference is nothing -or- the new carts loading time is nothing?

The X3 is now priced to kill the 'knock-offs' and can be had for $40 less than the V3s were selling for.

One last question about to pull the trigger but they want me to pay through eservice on the krikzz.com pretty sure it is legit but want to double check if anyone else has used it.

Thanks

Aside from a few charges at elaborate Black Sea Resorts there has nothing suspicious! ;)

Really, no problems and got it very quickly!

By the way I've got the v3.

Ha!

I didn't want a mail order bride tagged on to my order with my everdrive. One wife's nagging is enough :)

One last question about to pull the trigger but they want me to pay through eservice on the krikzz.com pretty sure it is legit but want to double check if anyone else has used it.

Thanks

I thought I paid via PayPal. I guess not. krikzz is the one who designed it. You are essentially buying it wholesale. It is legit, so don't worry.