NHL'94 Forums

NHL'94 Player T-Shirts

Using zazzle.com, I devised what may be the most amazing drivers license photo garment ever..NHL '94 player T's.

Check them out.

Selanne

dscn0422nz.th.jpg

Gretzky out for period (front)

dscn04428bq.th.jpg

Gretzky out for period (back)

dscn04447ud.th.jpg

All I did was take a screen cap (Ctrl+Backspace) during gens, blew them up, cropped them, uploaded them to zazzle.com and placed an order..Cake

I was expecting generic / satisfactory results but the quality is great, the print isin't grainy at all. Only thing I would recommend is: select the beefiest shirt they have.

The Selanne one ran me $18.00 and the Gretzky with front and back was $20.00.

Here are some of the sprite rips I made if anyone wants to use them to make a shirt.

jr3yn.th.png

borque7ry.th.png

messiercup8gm.th.png

99outforperiodbox3cq.png

99outforperiod1eh.th.png

lafontaine5rk.th.png

steveey2bu.th.png

1fortheteamsmall7ot.th.png

selanne5dd.th.png

lemieux7uo.th.png

They are also very popular with the ladies..Case in point:

I threw one on as soon as I got it and went out to my local water ice joint. When I got to the stand their was this fine looking brunette working her shift.

I was all like: Root Beer ice please.

she was all like: Sure.

I said: You like my Selanne?

She said: lol, your shirt?

I say: It's having a effect on you I see.

she said: Here you go.

I was like: You want to come over sometime and blow on my cartridge?

she said: lol..Sure.

I was like: We can do it 1 timer style.

To make a long story short I get free Root Beer Ice at Rita's now.

Improve your sex life and enhance your appearance today with '94 player T's.

Results may vary. NHL '94 player T's are not guaranteed to get you free Root Beer water ice.

That is great, you need to take a picture of someone wearing one of the shirts.

I should probably just send Don (who has the most current "member points") one of the last nhl94 shirts I have.

Oh man those are awesome. I SO WANT a gretzky. I think a 93 sprite with blood pouring out would be perfect though.

You can use my 'out for game' cap if you REALLY hate him :lol:

gretsml.jpg

Edit: even kept the original large version:

gret.JPG

P.S., I should also say, nice shirts :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Using zazzle.com, I devised what may be the most amazing drivers licence photo garment ever..NHL '94 player T's.

I have a few shirts in mind I'd really like but don't have the patience and/or skill to rip the graphics... If anyone is interested in making a few bucks, get in touch with me - I'll describe what I want and we'll figure out if it can be done.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I've had mixed results. My first attempt at a shirt prototype came out okay, but I was able to identify a few ways to clean up the image so that it would come out better the next time around. I spent a couple of hours yesterday on it and ordered a "new and improved" version of the same shirt, but received this in email today:

-----

Support (Marcos) - 10/14/2006 11:01 AM

Dear ,

Thank you for placing an order [xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx] with us at Zazzle.com. Unfortunately, your order has been cancelled because it contains content that is in violation of United States copyright and/or trademark laws. Specifically, your order contains a product(s) with a copyright-protected image of Nintendo. No funds will be charged to your credit card for this order.

Generally speaking, we cannot fulfill any orders containing a copyright or trademark protected title, name, or image. Examples of infringing material include:

--pictures or names of celebrities;

--names of characters from books, films, or television shows;

--titles of books, feature films, television shows, or magazines;

--images from films, television shows, video games or the Internet.

More information on these policies is available at: http://www.zazzle.com/create/help/copyright.asp.

Although your order will be cancelled, you are welcome to place a new order with us so long as the protected content is not present in any of the products you request. You might want to check to see if the image you were trying to use is available from one of the Zazzle Special Collections partners on our site, including Disney, Harvey Entertainment, Twentieth Century Fox’s Family Guy, and more at http://www.zazzle.com/collections/default.asp.

If you are in fact the owner of the protected content, or if you otherwise retain a license or right to produce the protected content, please respond to this email with notice of this fact, and we will be happy to produce your order as quickly as possible.

Best Regards,

Marcos

Content Management Team

Zazzle.com, Inc.

-----

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Like Andy from The Office, every success I've ever had, at my job or with "the lady-folk," has come from my ability to slowly, and painfully, wear someone down:

10/14/2006 11:01 AM

Support (Marcos)

Thank you for placing an order with us at Zazzle.com. Unfortunately, your order has been cancelled because it contains content that is in violation of United States copyright and/or trademark laws. Specifically, your order contains a product(s) with a copyright-protected image of Nintendo.

12/26/2006 12:46 PM

Support (Erik)

Thank you for placing an order with us at Zazzle.com. Unfortunately, your order has been cancelled because it contains content that is in violation of United States copyright and/or trademark laws. Specifically, your order contains a product(s) with a copyright-protected image from an EA Sports NHL game.

02/15/2007 09:23 AM

Support (Alan)

Thank you for placing an order with us at Zazzle.com. Unfortunately, your order has been cancelled because it contains content that is in violation of United States copyright and/or trademark laws. Specifically, your order contains a product(s) with a copyright-protected image of Nintendo.

04/24/2007 02:35 PM

Greetings from Zazzle!

The following item(s) from your order were shipped to...

Ah, the sweet sweet smell of success. Shirt inspired by clockwise's design above. I prefer '93s bloody goodness though. Extras ordered for each of my Neely-hating college roommates. I am actually not nearly the screen-capture ninja clockwise is, so I recreated the image by hand; the result was a little labor-intensive, but extremely clean. It can obviously become any player from any team just by changing the uniform colors around, so if anyone wants the file let me know.

photo042507001fs6.th.jpg

photo042507002ea7.th.jpg

Root beer ice for addison, high falutin!

Looks great. Did you really piece Neely pixel by pixel? I still don't wear mine to the local watering hole as the scene quicky devolves in to a Axe commercial.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Like Andy from The Office, every success I've ever had, at my job or with "the lady-folk," has come from my ability to slowly, and painfully, wear someone down:

10/14/2006 11:01 AM

Support (Marcos)

12/26/2006 12:46 PM

Support (Erik)

Thank you for placing an order with us at Zazzle.com. Unfortunately, your order has been cancelled because it contains content that is in violation of United States copyright and/or trademark laws. Specifically, your order contains a product(s) with a copyright-protected image from an EA Sports NHL game.

02/15/2007 09:23 AM

Support (Alan)

04/24/2007 02:35 PM

Greetings from Zazzle!

The following item(s) from your order were shipped to...

Ah, the sweet sweet smell of success. Shirt inspired by clockwise's design above. I prefer '93s bloody goodness though. Extras ordered for each of my Neely-hating college roommates. I am actually not nearly the screen-capture ninja clockwise is, so I recreated the image by hand; the result was a little labor-intensive, but extremely clean. It can obviously become any player from any team just by changing the uniform colors around, so if anyone wants the file let me know.

photo042507001fs6.th.jpg

photo042507002ea7.th.jpg

I knew there was a thread on making t-shirts...

I've been making t-shirts on Zazzle as well (see them here http://www.zazzle.com/billy+squier+gifts)

So far mine have mostly been video game related, and mostly using touched up images of box art from Sega Master System games. I did have a few products removed for copyright violations that had the island from Myst on them. I've been reluctant to include the name SEGA or the names of the games because I don't want them removed, but using just the box art has held up so far. One of the next things I'll do is take some sprites from within games, and hopefully those won't be removed too.

Here is the email I received about the removed items:

The details of the product being removed are listed below:

• Product Title: Myst Island

• Product Type: Shirt

• Product ID: 235826812531517625

• Result: Not Approved

• Policy Violations:

o Design contains an image or text that is copyrighted. If you are interested in purchasing Official Licensed Merchandise from Zazzle please visit: www.zazzle.com/brands

• Image: Image

As you can see, it doesn't mention anything about who the image is protected by, or that it was pulled from a video game or anything.

I once ordered an Alex Kidd shirt from Zazzle that doesn't look like it is on there anymore. I don't know if that means it was removed. Has anyone else had any experience with Zazzle's copyright policy, good or bad?