NHL'94 Forums

Fall'15 Playoff Scenarios

kingraph

If you don't remember/didn't read, here are the playoff rules from Chaos' original post. I'll be updating periodically as we wrap up Classic this week. Good luck, get your games in!

Playoffs

Playoff series will be best-of-7.

Also, NP (negative points) will be applied to missed games at the end of the season. This could hurt your playoff seeding! If you weren't able to play certain games vs. your opponent you will be given NPs. You will lose two points for every unplayed game. So play early if you can and play often!

GENS-A Playoff Format:

Conference winners are top 2 seeds. Seeds 5-12 will be seeded by win %.

Top 4 seeds get a bye. There will be no re-seeding in the playoffs.

GENS-B1, B2 Playoff Format:

Conference winners are top 2 seeds, next 6 teams are in based on PTS. Seeds 5-8 will be seeded based on Win Pct.

There will be no re-seeding in the playoffs.

SNES-A, SNES-B Playoff Format:

Conference winners are top 2 seeds, next 6 teams are in based on PTS. Seeds 5-8 will be seeded based on Win Pct.

There will be no re-seeding in the playoffs.

i cant speak to snes b, but snes A dont look right at all bud.

ha, updated.

To be clear, we still have a week to finish games, right? So these scenarios are hypothetical (and meant to get guys to finsih games!), right?

Yep. They are not hypothetical, rather they are the current playoff scenarios if the season ended. You have 1 week to finish.

I need BOS and DET to finish my games.

So Annatar and Mike give me your availabilities to get these games in!!!

I'm in Europa so can't be around all night long but can also make some efforts to be there at the right time!!!

In the week the better for me is early or middle afternoon CET and the WE maybe later. PM me to schedule something good.

Thanks Raph, and thanks to the B1 group for a great season. Great group of buds this season and everyone doing their best to get all the games in. Cannot wait for these playoffs, should be a great tourney. Good luck all :)

Is there a way you could add a tab to the nhl94online site that shows standings with DNPs subtracted from point totals and updates when a game is logged? That'd be awesome and less work than posting updates all the time.

Standings updated as of this morning.

To my GENS buds:

GENS A - 96%, 1 replacement this season.

GENS B1, 96%, 0 replacements

GENS B2, 97%, 2 replacements this season

All those replacements were by week 2. Simply great...would love to see 100% across the board by next Monday. :red_heart:

Standings updated as of this morning.

To my GENS buds:

GENS A - 96%, 1 replacement this season.

GENS B1, 96%, 0 replacements

GENS B2, 97%, 2 replacements this season

All those replacements were by week 2. Simply great...would love to see 100% across the board by next Monday. :red_heart:

Adams Division GensA = 100% games completed ... Habs, Brutus, Raph... Nice work boys! Job well done for our division.

1st Round Bye
1. Los Angeles (angryjay93)
2. Boston (Depch)
3. Quebec (Uncle Seth)
4. New Jersey (Piston Plabax)
5. Pittsburgh kingraph
12. NY Rangers (zeppelin55)
6. Dallas (Zalex)
11 Buffalo (brutus)
7. Toronto (Icestorm NHL94)
10. Philadelphia Vocally Caged
8. Vancouver (EA)
9. Detroit (Sicarius Fulgur)

?

1st Round Bye
1. Los Angeles (angryjay93)
2. Boston (Depch)
3. Quebec (Uncle Seth)
4. New Jersey (Piston Plabax)
5. Pittsburgh kingraph
12. NY Rangers (zeppelin55)
6. Dallas (Zalex)
11 Buffalo (brutus)
7. Toronto (Icestorm NHL94)
10. Philadelphia Vocally Caged
8. Vancouver (EA)
9. Detroit (Sicarius Fulgur)

?

Correct, GENS A matchups are set. I'd still love for Smoz and Lupz to knock our their last games...been forever since I can remember 100% completion.

You guys can go ahead and get started on playoff matchups (ROM here if you don't have it), but save the states. I don't think Chaos can flip the switch for playoffs until all leagues are ready to go. Last day Monday!

The top 8 make the playoffs, and that takes your points from Win points and subtracts any penalties for DNP (games not played).

Then, for the actual playoff seeding, it goes by win %.

You should actually be ranked 3rd in the point column's but 2nd in the Seeding still because you have 26 total points after DNP's (below Koke_45's 46pts) but above his win percentage.

*many of the top players in the past would not play all their games, and thus you'd have the 2nd best player say as the 9th seed, and it was felt this isn't fair to a guy ranked 3rd playing 2nd best guy in round 1.

Something like that, but seeding for playoffs done off win %. Who makes the playoffs based on points minus penalties.

Edited by Brutus