• Spring 11 - Buffalo - Carse
  • Fall 10 - Calgary - Carse
  • Spring 10 - Vancouver - Carse
  • Fall 09 - Dallas - Icestorm
  • Spring 09 - Vancouver - Flamingpavelbure
  • Spring 08 - Detroit - jrodimus31
  • Fall 07 - Montreal - IAmFleurysHipCheck
Edited by IceStorm70

I made the above list based on this thread: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/16736-which-teams-have-won-gens-a-in-the-past-10-seasons/

In that thread I asked for the coaches, but when no one answered I figured I could figure it out myself.

Some questions:

1. Am I missing any years? (Was there no Spring 2014, for instance? Or Fall 2008?)

2. What the heck happened to Carse? The dude was dominating, and with 3 different teams!!

3. Can anyone tell me when the weight bug, CB checks and any other "game changers" were discovered? I am trying to see if this impacted anything? (Maybe they weren't game changers if they didn't?)

4. Any way for me to go back before Spring 2008? Or was that the first year a Classic ever happened?

1. Spring 2014 did not happen indeed, don't know about fall 2008

2. Carse no clue, some players might have contacts to him, sometimes you just need some time off from games but eventually might return I was 5+ years of not playing the game also.

3. CB and nullifying the importance of lower weight came to being around GDL 11 by Plabax and his Nashville, this was in summer 2014. This has impacted the game a lot. Low weight is still great, but defensive aspect is different and more players are serviceable. GDLXI stats from here http://nhl94online.com/html/standings.php?lg=18&sublg=GENS. CB did not immediately have a wide spread impact, for example I only picked it up during GDLXII draft and testing then, which was late winter/early spring 2015.

4. No clue

Edited by Depch

You are missing seasons <2008... there's some info in the forums but you have to dig a bit

Ok, I updated the list above with your win. Thanks. (And congrats! :) )

Any advice on locating earlier records? My searches (which included "classic" and "champion") did not pan out?

• 8 years later...