NHL'94 Forums

Upcoming Gens Blitz/GDL Seasons

IceStorm70

Have their been any discussions on when the next seasons will start for Blitz and GDL?

I understand Blitz is being 'retired', but what does that mean? Does it need to be retired or rebooted?

Brutus ran the last Blitz and Plabax GDL. Are you guys continuing to commish going forward?

Congrats BTW to Plabax on being defending champ in both leagues.

I'm willing to commish, but not Blitz because everyone disagrees on what should be done for it going forward.

When I said how I would prefer to run it, Smoz asked me to change the name. It was at that point that the Blitz was going to was going to be retired & restarted by Chaos under a different name, from what I remember.

As for GDL, I'm free to run it if plabax isn't re-doing it. I think that trying to allow plabax's no penalty ROM but w/ B check still working would be real cool. Plus, maybe instead of always giving worst players first pick, have that random w/ a weight for games played and maybe give some of the real low winning percentage guys home/away team advantages to even it out.

You would need to put in trade restrictions on top 10 picks or something but I'd be fine with any changes being required a 75% league majority vote.

Anyhow, I'm up for some more GDL & believe chaos does not like all the league's running at the same time, so if he's doing Blitz, might wait for Classic to finish or something.

I'm willing to commish, but not Blitz because everyone disagrees on what should be done for it going forward.

When I said how I would prefer to run it, Smoz asked me to change the name. It was at that point that the Blitz was going to was going to be retired & restarted by Chaos under a different name, from what I remember.

As for GDL, I'm free to run it if plabax isn't re-doing it. I think that trying to allow plabax's no penalty ROM but w/ B check still working would be real cool. Plus, maybe instead of always giving worst players first pick, have that random w/ a weight for games played and maybe give some of the real low winning percentage guys home/away team advantages to even it out.

You would need to put in trade restrictions on top 10 picks or something but I'd be fine with any changes being required a 75% league majority vote.

Anyhow, I'm up for some more GDL & believe chaos does not like all the league's running at the same time, so if he's doing Blitz, might wait for Classic to finish or something.

GDL 14 PLEASE, lets.get draft going, and we can start season as soon as classic finishes playoffs!

I'd say trimming it to 20 is going to be hard as there will be more than 20 coaches who played in GDL 13 who are responding as IN for 14. It's at 19 now, and only 2 responded as out, the last 3 not to respond Sic, Fitzo, and KG I'd guess 2 if not all 3 will respond as IN, making the team minimum of 22 without booting 2 players who were IN last season.

Edited by Lupz27

Actually, previous conversation w/ KG, I think he was out for GDL, and sticking w/ the live format/non-draft format.

But I'll wait to confirm, and Fitzo is out for this season.

However, I still need to confirm all this & then put the returning coaches to a vote for adding in new guys or shrinking the league down.