NHL'94 Forums

GDL XIV ARE YOU IN?

Brutus

1 - Calgary Zalex (IN)

2 - Edmonton zeppelin55 (IN)

3 - Montreal canadiensfan66 (IN)

4 - Quebec angryjay93 (OUT)

5 - Tampa Bay EA (IN & REQUESTING Seattle Metropolitans)

6 - Winnipeg Lupz27 (IN & moving to SJ)

7 - California Fitzo (OUT)

8 - Chicago brutus (IN)

9 - Colorado Jackandjose (IN)

10 - Florida Depch

11 - Los Angeles Uncle Seth (IN)

12 - New Jersey Darko (IN & MOVING TO DETROIT)

13 - Arizona Piston Plabax (DA CHAMP IS BACK!! AND, as usual, found a new axe to grind :) )

14 - Buffalo dexpsu83 (IN & moving to Philly)

15 - Hartford BoKnowsNHL94 (IN)

16 - Minnesota skip (IN)

17 - Toronto hokkeefan2 (OUT)

18- Vancouver kgman01 (OUT)

19 - Columbus Icestorm NHL94 (IN & MOVING TO BUFFALO!)

20 - Dallas TexasPachyderm (IN)

21 - Hamilton JackVandal

22 - NY Rangers kingraph (IN)

23 - Pittsburgh LABS_66 (IN)

24 - St. Louis Sicarius Fulgur (IN)

In no particular order than off the site/standings page.

Available teams: Toronto, Vancouver, California, Quebec, Columbus & possibly Tampa Bay.

Wallywojo "in". (Quebec )

Beavers33 "in".

Aqualizard "in".

AtomicRaven "in". (Vancouver)

Edited by Brutus

Those who are in, please note so. Those who are OUT, please do the same. If you are looking for a team name change as well, also, please note again.

Once we have the "league" set, returning members will vote on any proposed changes, including additions to the league or shrinking of league size, rules, etc.

75% league majority will be required in order to make any changes from the "reigning rules of engagement".

Edited by Brutus

Take out 4 teams. 24 is too much for two reasons.

24 guarantees slackers and there are only 20 or so players who are worth picking as a first rounder.

Also, I'm in.

Edited by Premium

As noted, prior to letting anyone "in" or replacing any new coaches, I'll put together a vote for league rules, including number of teams.

75% yes to change it. This will have a separate thread, so there will be room for politicking there. Let's leave this one clean enough for in/out, gay/straight, etc.

IN, would like to take my talents to Silicon Valley thou, bye bye Winnipeg, hello San Jose!

No offense Labs, don't take it personal, but only playing 57% of your games should mean you lose your spot. I'm not running the league, but if I did, that's how it would be. Bo's games played was weak too, at 71%. Why can't there be a minimum of games you must play or else you're out the following season? Something like 80% at least. When this degree of slacking happens, it drops everyone else's GP and causes DNP's, which affect draft the next season. And most of all, it annoys a whole lot of other coaches. Sorry, it had to be said.

I'm in BTW.

Are we going to have rules laid out before the draft? Are they going to change at all after the draft?

Edited by Uncle Seth

Well as I have stated recently, I had some personal life issues happening when I only played 57%. That has of course changed and I am on more frequently now than in a while. Also had this rule of 80% been in place I am sure I would have been a hell of alot more diligent in getting my games in. As I also stated before, I am very embarrassed and sorry for the 57%, it won't ever happen again, and if for some apocalyptic reason it does then I will leave the website all together. However if whomever is running the league feels differently then so be it.

Edited by LABS_66

Labs has completed many leagues at 100% & has also taken on numerous leagues too aggressively for his schedule.

But, he's in for this season.

All rules will be laid out prior to draft Seth. I'll put some proposed changes up for vote, including minimum games played & playoff delays.

Needs to be 75% to get "in" though.

Hey Labs I didn't get wind of the reasoning behind your GP count last season. I just recall asking people, where's Labs, anyone seen Labs, put out the smoke signal for this guy! There were times when you were supposed to be on and didn't show, and because of that it gave the impression that you either didn't have the time or didn't care. Obviously personal situations are an exception to being grilled for not getting games in. Sorry about that bud and hope it's all cleared up.

Hey Labs I didn't get wind of the reasoning behind your GP count last season. I just recall asking people, where's Labs, anyone seen Labs, put out the smoke signal for this guy! There were times when you were supposed to be on and didn't show, and because of that it gave the impression that you either didn't have the time or didn't care. Obviously personal situations are an exception to being grilled for not getting games in. Sorry about that bud and hope it's all cleared up.

I understand man, no hard feelings lol. Nothin but 94 love haha. But seriously I can see where that would give the impression of a slacker. I also did take on a few too many leagues at that time and it was just bad timing. Yes everything is good now thank you, there will be no hangups. Bring on all the leagues lol!

I would like to try this. If I am on a waiting list, that is no problem. I know I am not in the same skill as you guys, but I figure you gotta play skilled players to become a skilled player.

Also, in the two leagues I have joined I completed 100% games, and did so well ahead of time. I am on AIM all the time looking for games. :)

I've heard back from everyone except for KG. Waiting to hear from him before going forward w/ some quick voting, and then we can figure on when to start the draft.

Sooner rather than later type thing though.

As of right now, we have 20 in, and 2 asking to join, and one unanswered that was a probable to be out.