NHL'94 Forums

John Scott leads all -star voting

halifax

• 3 weeks later...

Coyotes placed NHL All-Star vote leader on waivers earlier this week.

worthless event.

who cares about the all-star game

Everyone cares about it bud...it's the most important event on the calendar.

• 4 weeks later...

John Scott is awaiting the birth of his twins and was selected by the fans to participate in the NHL AllStar game.

the NHL had his team ask him to withdraw. he declined.

the NHL asked him to withdraw. he declined.

his team sent him to the minors and traded him out of the conference.

his new team sent him directly to the minors, about 5000 miles from his family.

he is no longer eligible for the AllStar game, in which he was to captain a team.

it makes me wonder what arrangement his new team has with the league... is it to keep pretending MTL doesn't dive and penalties against BOS are rare?

NEW YORK – John Scott will captain the Pacific Division team at the 2016 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend in Nashville, the National Hockey League announced today.

Scott, elected to the Pacific Division captaincy in fan voting while a member of the Arizona Coyotes, was traded Friday to the Montreal Canadiens of the Atlantic Division. The resultant change in division, and Scott’s subsequent assignment to the American Hockey League, created a unique circumstance that required review – the result of which was a determination to maintain the status quo for the All-Star weekend in order to preserve all parties' pre-existing expectations, including Scott’s desire to participate.

"I am looking forward to enjoying a fun and unique experience at All-Star Weekend in Nashville with my family," said Scott. "While being voted to the All-Star Game by the fans was not something I expected to happen, I am excited to participate in the All-Star events with my fellow players."

I voted John Scott 10 times a day for as many days possible. Love that old John Scott is in the all star game.

I loved using that big dude when I played NHL '15!!!

Great article. Man, I'm rooting against Arizona now. I hope they tank.

What, no, Austin Matthews belongs to the Leafs!!!! Stay away, Arizona, keep winning once in a while!