NHL'94 Forums

How many teams in the league

Brutus

GDL VOTE(S) - How many teams? No penalties?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. We have 20 returning coaches. Do we shrink to 20 teams or try to find to more replacemnet coaches & leave it at 24?

• 20 teams (Deeper draft, probably less DNP's, but less buds)
    • 24 teams (Tradition & the more the merrier winning out logic with this choice)
  2. 2. Plabax created a great ROM that enables lame penalties to be disabled with the B check still working. I'd love to use this for one season, and then consider switching back or not.

• HELL YES! (Sounds like a great change. A little variety never hurt curb the repitition and PLUS, I hate penalties but still love my B check.)
    • HELL NO! (I love my tradition, hate Plabax, and I also I need my power plays.)
  3. 3. Which ROM to use, static (players are never hot or cold and all numbers are static) or the Classic traditional, where players ratings go up & down randomly each game. Previously, it has accurately shown the ratings in some seasons and not in others.

• Classic style (Love the way this plays, let's just leave it how it is/has been) With this option, the actual ratings will be hidden as in Classic.
    • Use static. (I like my players to be exactly the same every game as I drafted them, even though this does play with a different feel to it, anything is better than having my big players cold in the big games))

Get your votes in. Only returning members votes will be counted.

Post comments only after you've voted though.

20 coaches, 19 votes left to count. If we need anything else voted on, bring it up here, message me or AIM me.

Edited by Brutus

I don't understand why you would play with penalties on. It made sense when it would enable the B-check, but it doesn't anymore so there is no reason to keep them on. Not to mention, they are 100% random (unless on breakaway), always committed by the AI off-screen and they slow down the game because there are about 1021 penalties every game!

Love that this is being voted on pre-draft. I do take issue with the claim that static has a different feel. I completely disagree. OK, don't get me started on static. I don't want to get excited because I know it will never happen.

Edited by Uncle Seth

I don't understand why you would play with penalties on. It made sense when it would enable the B-check, but it doesn't anymore so there is no reason to keep them on. Not to mention, they are 100% random (unless on breakaway), always committed by the AI off-screen and they slow down the game because there are about 1021 penalties every game!

I enjoy penalties purely for the randomness it adds to the game. It allows the bench players more time, thus adding significance to the later rounds of the draft.

Why ins't there an option to have the rom the same way as last year where you could see your players ratings in edit line screen, and they are true. it has been that way for the 2 GDL's I was in 12, and 13?

If/when the classic style wins the vote can we then have another vote to decide if the ratings should be hidden like original, or true like last 2 years GDL's?

I enjoy penalties purely for the randomness it adds to the game. It allows the bench players more time, thus adding significance to the later rounds of the draft.

Then why not use line changes?

Lupz, there is enough confusion to get three votes in.

I've got a few points left to go through with the league. One is if they want everything Vlassic/traditional (I'm not a fan but believe majority rules), then the edit to show accurate ratings is wrong.

So, I'm posting that if classic style wins in a private type vote.

Plan to do the same with a few other minor issues.

Lupz, there is enough confusion to get three votes in.

I've got a few points left to go through with the league. One is if they want everything Vlassic/traditional (I'm not a fan but believe majority rules), then the edit to show accurate ratings is wrong.

So, I'm posting that if classic style wins in a private type vote.

Plan to do the same with a few other minor issues.

I think most are more interested in Classic/Traditional during game play, seeing the real ratings at edit line doesn't change the game play, yes it might change who you play in your lineups from game to game, but it won't change how the game plays, so in essence I see it as still Classic/Traditional.

Not trying to debate, or cause a problem just stating my opinion, and I respect yours, and do understand the argument that one can say to keep it classic/Traditional you should have to find out the hard way when X is just not at his best that game.

Just hoping there is an option to vote for it that's all.

Maybe a 20 team league is for the better overall. Maybe have a bye for A guys to step in regardless, so they don't have to wait. Some seasons it might be 22 teams, some 21. Some it's exactly 20 teams. Does that really matter, some inconsistencies in games played if the number is odd, but nothing too bad.

20 teams locked and reserve for A guys to add it up to 24 max.

Voted for traditional way, how it's been.

I would like to have a league of static+no penalties+play like classic but just not GDL.

Also the "even though this does play with a different feel to it" on vote number #3 is subjective. For me it does not feel any different in the game, the game feels the same. It might create a placebo effect for people that are aware of it and are not that open to change for the classic style. Stating it on the poll creates an enforced view towards it to begin with.

Edited by Depch

It should be noted, I have Skip's votes. He's in Hawaii and might not log in to vote.

He was OK w/ the 20 team, and the other two don't seem to matter much, but he was "ok" w/ using "Plabax" rom and wanted traditional style, not static.

Missing SIC's & BOK's votes.

HOWEVER, I needed 75% or better to change the "format", and in all 3 votes above, the "verdict" is already settled.

We currently have only 20 returning coaches though & 3 on the wait list. So, the 6 who voted to NOT goto 20 teams, please come up with a solution or change your vote.