NHL'94 Forums

GDL XIV - REVOTE on draft order

Brutus

Draft order for this upcoming season, GDL XIV  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which system should we use to set the draft order?

• Set the draft order the old way.
    • Set the draft order randomly draft order with weights.

Previous poll deleted, per request of many. AIM chat had long, open discussion and these two options came out as the two prevailing options.

So, my bad. Please re-vote and we can get draft order up tonight hopefully.

No trade limits in either system.

Option 1, DNP's are applied, and worst record usually picks first, etc.

Option 2, coaches will be put in groups, and assigned "x" number of balls, and then for games not played last season, you lose some balls (DNP penalty). Then I will record the names being pulled out of the hat, and a draft order will be set!

The 4 newcomers still pick last 4 picks.

FYI, I went over these options BEFORE Skip left for vacation, and his vote was mine to use via proxy for the weighted random draft.

He knew he'd probably lose his higher draft position, but was Ok w/ that.

So, the current count is 12 to 6, with 11 out of the 20 coaches being "in" for the change.

It's late, I'm heading to bed. Barring some miraculaous change in voting, I'll set up random draft tomorrow night and post it by Wednesday. IF there is a crazy change in voting, I'll then re-post Plabax previously posted draft order.

FYI, I went over these options BEFORE Skip left for vacation, and his vote was mine to use via proxy for the weighted random draft.

He knew he'd probably lose his higher draft position, but was Ok w/ that.

So, the current count is 12 to 6, with 11 out of the 20 coaches being "in" for the change.

It's late, I'm heading to bed. Barring some miraculaous change in voting, I'll set up random draft tomorrow night and post it by Wednesday. IF there is a crazy change in voting, I'll then re-post Plabax previously posted draft order.

I don't think Plabax draft order was correct

I don't think Plabax draft order was correct

The reason it looks off is because I took away all DNP caused by Bo and Labs. The only DNPs that really count are the two games from Depch/EA that were unplayed and the two games from Sic/Fitzo that were never played aswell.

The reason it looks off is because I took away all DNP caused by Bo and Labs. The only DNPs that really count are the two games from Depch/EA that were unplayed and the two games from Sic/Fitzo that were never played aswell.

Yes I know, that's why I posted it wasn't accurate, if voted to do no change to draft order process it would be different. For once I was trying to make a short to the point comment lol

75% rule was for first three changes, which alter how the game is played/size of the league.

Draft order lottery was something I was doing next season anyhow, & whether to do it this season or not was the debate.

It's worse in some ways for guys who usually have top 5 picks, and better for guy with the last 10 picks, but by being better for more players means it's better for the league overall.

It will become a fun tradition. Going to make a video and try to up productio level for next season.

This one is on short notice .

Even if i think i would have first pick this year i'm ok with that random draft! Fun is the best part of this game so if a majority of guys feel better with this draft i m cool with it.

Let's get this draft start!!!

As I mentioned to Brutus, I would be in favor of a weighted lottery if it was for every round (or the first 6 rounds), and changing the snake draft aspect, not giving the best players better first round picks. Thought it was 75% too, so this is passed as it was only a 50-50 vote?

Skip's vote is for the random draft, so it's 15-7, which is 68%. Even if it dropped to 15-9 final vote, that's still 62.5%.

Let's not make a bigger deal than it is guys. I plan on running the league for at least a few seasons and to do my best to keep it rolling and fun for everyone.

After next draft, if enough guys HATE it, then we can switch back to the "old" system.

Also, I think I'm going to sponsor the GDL Bobblehead for each season. Gonna figure out if I'm gonna make one nice GDL Cup that gets fedex'ed around to the winner each year to hold or go a cheaper, once a season, engraved bobble head/plaque type thing.

Maybe something like this each season for the winner, pending you post of pic (can be wearing a mask if you want Plabax!) and up load your trophy online.

With the obvious engraving of the trophy for GDL "whatever" Champ & user name.