NHL'94 Forums

SNES Playoffs

Evan

Guys,

All of the Genesis playoff round 1 games are complete. Let's try to finish the Snes playoffs possibly by Sunday? If anyone sees Bobeto42 on AIM can you IM him to let him know he's got a playoff series to play? His email is just his AIM account. I'll PM him through the forum as well.

Are there any other problems that guys can't play? Let me know!

-Evan

I was just thinking that. These SNES guys are really excited about the playoffs.

... that was sarcastic... yeah...

:huh:

NEVER QUESTION THE PASSION OF SNES NHL94 PLAYERS MAN. WE CAN MAKE LOVE TO 100 BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN A NIGHT AND STILL WIN THE CUP IN A NIGHT.

I do agree though as we've seem to lost some of our guys along the way and I think it may be coming down to the time when we just need to throw in some forfeits for the no shows. I commend the men who have managed to play some games and hopefully if all goes well, they can finish off their series by this weekend.

I'm going through the list of those MIA and so far it seems that Winnipeg is the only one who has let me know that he will not be able to play in the playoffs this year. This is a poor place to get the message to you though Evan so I'll PM you the next time we bump into eachother online, or fire off an email :)

Hmm ok, and Bobeto42 (LA) is in Germany until June 29th. The EDM-LA and DAL-WPG will most likely be forfeits. The others, we'll have to wait and see. Sunday evening, we'll see where we're at but I hope alot more games have been played by then.

-Evan

Hmm ok, and Bobeto42 (LA) is in Germany until June 29th. The EDM-LA and DAL-WPG will most likely be forfeits. The others, we'll have to wait and see. Sunday evening, we'll see where we're at but I hope alot more games have been played by then.

-Evan

Is there a deadline for round 1 yet? Maybe that's what some of the boys need to get their poop in gear.

rudy

Guest BSDaemon

If anyone is a no-show, and we are waiting on their series, I would be happy to step in. My regular season record wasn't stellar by any means, but I feel that that was simply lack of experience in online play, and a lack of confidence. In fact, I won my last 4 games, iirc.

BSDaemon/SNES Toronto

If anyone is a no-show, and we are waiting on their series, I would be happy to step in. My regular season record wasn't stellar by any means, but I feel that that was simply lack of experience in online play, and a lack of confidence. In fact, I won my last 4 games, iirc.

BSDaemon/SNES Toronto

:blink:

Can we get some realistic estimates on when games could be played?

I'm told Thomas is out as WPG, so DAL will take that series. Also, EDM will take the series vs LA since he's out of the country. So once STL-DET is finished I could seutp the next Snes Campbell Round.

QUE-NJ, BOS-WSH... any ideas?

NJ and I have finally gotten into contact with each other, and I sent him an e-mail telling him that I should be home tonight and am ready to try to play him. Reason I say "try" is because I have been having tons of connecting problems lately......... my computer keeps changing the IP on me. Maybe if Schwartz or one of the other more computer savvy people from the league is online they could help me with that. Anyway I'll try my best to play NJ tonight and/or tomorrow night and get this series finished.

NJ and I have finally gotten into contact with each other, and I sent him an e-mail telling him that I should be home tonight and am ready to try to play him. Reason I say "try" is because I have been having tons of connecting problems lately......... my computer keeps changing the IP on me. Maybe if Schwartz or one of the other more computer savvy people from the league is online they could help me with that. Anyway I'll try my best to play NJ tonight and/or tomorrow night and get this series finished.

NJ was actually the only team I was unable to connect to. Tried TCP and UDP, tried it with him hosting, me hosting, and all on multiple occasions. But with regards to your IP problem, go to http://www.whatismyip.com to get the IP address you should use when connecting. The IP that zsnes shows you is going to be different if you're behind a router.

rudy

Yeah it's not so much an IP thing Rudy, it's a port forwarding thing, every time I try to port forward it says "There is an IP address conflict in the network", then it boots me offline and the internet doesn't work again for a few minutes. When I try it again, the IP address has changed to something different. Very frustrating.

NJ and I just tried again to connect, with no success.

Update, least I can do I guess.

There are a couple of guys who have offered to help me with my connecting problems but I didn't see either of them online tonight.

Whenever I get a hold of them online I'll try to see if they can help walk me through it, and hopefully if that's the case the games can be played, getting in contact with NJ is no problem, he said he's ready whenever my connecting problems are worked out.

I'll keep trying this but if I can't get it figured out I might have to forfeit for the good of the league so that you guys can move on to rd 2. :blink: I REALLY hope it doesn't come to that, but I don't wanna hold anyone up any longer. Right now I'm not holding anyone up cuz there are three other series still incomplete but I'm just saying that Evan if I can't figure out a way to play this series I'm willing to do that if it means getting the league moving again.

Anyway here's hoping.

Deer,

Thanks for the updates! Well, I hope you're able to get your games in... I would say we'll setup Round 2 this weekend so Round 1 games MUST be played by this upcoming weekend. We have to keep this moving.

Keep playing those games!

Update on the Boston Washington series is we're done. Still need to post scores but it breaks down like this...

Gm1 Was 4 Bos 6

Gm2 Was 1 Bos 5

Gm3 Bos 3 Was 5

Gm4 Bos 6 Was 3

Gm5 Was 6 Bos 4

Gm6 Bos 5 Was 3

Deathhand may have been showing some effects from his vacation in the first couple (played earlier this week) but the last 4 today were some insanely intense games. Good checking left and right. We both play a similar style of D. Though none of them were 1 goal games at the end, I'm pretty sure they were all tied or 1 goal entering the third (in game 5 I think I was up by a goal going in to the 3rd). Glad round two won't start for a few days, my team and me need the rest!

NEVER QUESTION THE PASSION OF SNES NHL94 PLAYERS MAN. WE CAN MAKE LOVE TO 100 BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN A NIGHT AND STILL WIN THE CUP IN A NIGHT.

I do agree though as we've seem to lost some of our guys along the way and I think it may be coming down to the time when we just need to throw in some forfeits for the no shows. I commend the men who have managed to play some games and hopefully if all goes well, they can finish off their series by this weekend.

I'm going through the list of those MIA and so far it seems that Winnipeg is the only one who has let me know that he will not be able to play in the playoffs this year. This is a poor place to get the message to you though Evan so I'll PM you the next time we bump into eachother online, or fire off an email :blink:

Okay guys... let's get this done. Matty put his neck out there in defending us SNES guys against the evil GENS bastards. Do it for Matty! It looks to me like this is where we are:

Wales

MTL vs BUF - 1 game played on 06/14?

NYR vs HFD - done (I love you guys)

BOS vs WSH - done

QUE vs NJ - nothing yet... they're apparently having trouble connecting

Campbell

EDM vs LA - nothing... was this series forfeit?

CHI vs VAN - done (the VAN coach has a HUGE schlong apparently)

DET vs STL - 4 games in... DET is up 3-1............

DAL vs WPG - nothing also... was this series forfeit?

Boys... what's up:

shakazuzu

IamBlurb

JotaC

bobeto42

Slimeball

cajanek

Blazer

Thomas

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

I just connected to Fenty!!!!!!!!!

Does that mean I can connect to Pat Brady?

I'll IMMEDIATELY fire him off an e-mail, hopefully he gets it by tonight, cuz ACK I am going away for the entire long weekend (Canada Day weekend in case you American fools don't know what I mean with the long weekend! :blink: ), and by the time I get home my ass would likely have been FORFEITED!

Woooowwww!!

Why JotaC is in this list???????

I was waiting to play some official between 1year I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont worry Rudy If L.A shows up, I will finish that in 4 to take your case after :blink:!!!!

GO oils GO

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

I just connected to Fenty!!!!!!!!!

Does that mean I can connect to Pat Brady?

I'll IMMEDIATELY fire him off an e-mail, hopefully he gets it by tonight, cuz ACK I am going away for the entire long weekend (Canada Day weekend in case you American fools don't know what I mean with the long weekend! :blink: ), and by the time I get home my ass would likely have been FORFEITED!

Deer I'm convinced it's him. The first red flag about NJ is he can only play via TCP/IP (when the box is unchecked). The second red flag is I was able to connect to every single person I've tried to except him. We've tried on multiple occasions, both of us hosting, every combination. So if there is a forfeit I think it should be NJ that forfeits.

rudy

Well in the 11th hour, the NHL 94 Gods smiled upon us, as we were able to connect and play our series, albeit with a fair bit of lag, but oh well we got er done.

Good series Pat, and a great sport as always. :)

Great to hear Deer, and I see you haven't lost any skills.

Shaka/IamBlurb... you guys gonna finish your series before the weekend??

And Slimeball/cajanek.. you guys are almost there, finish it up.. Round 2 will be setup around Sunday/Monday.

Great to hear Deer, and I see you haven't lost any skills.

Shaka/IamBlurb... you guys gonna finish your series before the weekend??

And Slimeball/cajanek.. you guys are almost there, finish it up.. Round 2 will be setup around Sunday/Monday.

Since you didn't mention the EDM-LA and DAL-WPG series does that mean they were forfeit?

rudy

Guest BSDaemon

Like I said in another thread.... if somebody doesnt show up, let me know. Better for them to slaughter me in a series, then win by forefit :)

Just a suggestion, can you make the playoff page so that we can enter the scores for more than one of our games at a time without the other guy needing to confirm before being allowed to enter more scores? It's going to take me a deathand forever to enter our scores and confirm them.