NHL'94 Forums

SNES Playoffs

chaos

The games are up for A league.

Just had to say thanks to angryjay, and everyone always says this but this was really one of those series where the scoreline doesn't tell the full story.

He had literally no bounces and this could have and probably should have gone 6 or 7 games.

The games aside, you are a super bud and generally one of the best ambassadors of the game so it's always a pleasure to face off with you. Good games and merry Christmas and see you next time.

Congrats Annatar! I believe that is a "Triple Crown" since you are now the current Dynasty, SDL and Classic Champ! Amazing bud. This solidifies your spot in the SNES Hall of Fame.

Great season by AJ too. Hell of a player on both systems.

Thanks bud. Fortunately you have a chance to take one of those off me in the next few weeks!

This was my redemption for a first round exit last classic with LA when I thought I had the team to beat.

It was a great season overall with 100% games played and I hope we can keep that momentum going.

Congrats to Annatar, he is a deserving champion. I literally could not buy a single bounce and I probably could have overcome it if Annatar's offense wasnt so strong. I would have loved to have had the series at 2-2 and seen what would happen. I felt like I was playing a strong game and making a tough Van-Bos matchup look very even.

I'll have to be content with another 2nd. A victory in itself considering the competition we had this league. Good season buds.

I am available tonight 10 pm est and Friday-sunday to get my semi finals series in. The sooner we play the better, as C4 has been waiting for quite sometime, and my availibilty if needed in January is pretty limited as I'm tying the knot.

Sonner the better

Congrats to Annatar, he is a deserving champion. I literally could not buy a single bounce and I probably could have overcome it if Annatar's offense wasnt so strong. I would have loved to have had the series at 2-2 and seen what would happen. I felt like I was playing a strong game and making a tough Van-Bos matchup look very even.

I'll have to be content with another 2nd. A victory in itself considering the competition we had this league. Good season buds.

Yep, it was a very tough league. Despite missing out on the finals, I considered it a victory for myself by beating out the King of 94 (Mikail) in the playoffs, but man it was tough! I believe he learned from his first online league and will be back stronger than ever next time, much like ... (Star Wars spoiler alert) .... Kylo Ren.

Congrats to Annatar for being such a deserving and dominant champion! I'd also like to thank you guys for inviting me to the league, although I was bounced out of the playoffs in the 1st round I had a blast. Thanks for the praise Bob you played great.... I thought I had those 2 games in the bag and collapsed late but you kept fighting back regardless of the time and score and you really did deserve the win with that great defense. On a side note I've tried playing twice online with my friend and I'm getting super slow reaction time not lag (When i press a button its about a half second behind) It's definitely not lag because we play other games online with 0 lag. I'm plugged in direct and this problem seemed to come back out of nowhere. For the record during the season and playoffs I had 0 lag or delay time. Should i fool around with the latency settings? I'm not sure what changed since I didn't change anything. Looking forward to getting some payback in the dynasty league with Lemiuex and Selanne!

On a side note I'd like to give a special thanks to Chaos, Halifax, Annatar and Hazmatt. You guys have helped me endless times getting everything working and I appreciate everything.

Thanks bud nice to hear the kind words Mikail and I think everyone is happy you signed up, we always need fresh faces and people who can play!

I'm looking forward to some more games in Dynasty and next time Classic gets going, not to mention a live rematch at some point in the future... :o

As for your issue with the input lag, that sounds fishy given that you weren't having that problem earlier in the year. It may be a particular problem with that person you were playing. I don't know if latency settings would help but someone else might have more ideas.

We can definitely get some practice games going next time you're on and see if everything is smooth.

Well the SNES-B season is finally over. Too bad Xcing had too many long delays, due to a couple other coaches that were slacking. A month delay can get a person out of rhythym. My Buffalo Sabres defeated Xcing's Vancouver Canucks in 6 games. Despite the scores, the series should have been closer. I would like to stick up for Xcing and agree that Vancouver's light skaters is what killed him. Nicely skilled team but unfortunately they couldn't check at all. Even LaFontaine, at a mere 180lbs, wouldn't get knocked down. Early in the series, he was also hitting a bunch of posts and getting unlucky bounces. I would like to congratulate Xcing on a great season. He pretty much kicked everyones butt with a 32-8 record. As for my team, the only thing I would like to mention is that Yuri Khmylev was by far the best shooter on the ice for me during this series. YES, even better than Mogilny! Khmylev was scoring on almost every 1-timer. He finished the 6 game series with 28 goals on only 40 shots, 70%.

Edited by c4outlaws

Thanks again c4 you are one of the greats, no shame in losing this series. Yes Yuri could be a hidden gem, I still like to prove Vancouver can win a championship on their pure skill, but it will be a challenge. Also, I lost control of my defense in some games which put me out early, but that's on me.

Game 1 in this series sums it up for me and will haunt me, giving away a huge lead in the 3rd period is on me as well. Championship teams don't do that :)

Great games, thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks bud nice to hear the kind words Mikail and I think everyone is happy you signed up, we always need fresh faces and people who can play!

I'm looking forward to some more games in Dynasty and next time Classic gets going, not to mention a live rematch at some point in the future... :o

As for your issue with the input lag, that sounds fishy given that you weren't having that problem earlier in the year. It may be a particular problem with that person you were playing. I don't know if latency settings would help but someone else might have more ideas.

We can definitely get some practice games going next time you're on and see if everything is smooth.

Awesome thanks man I should be around later on this week.... finally have some free time now. I'd definitely love to run some live games if your ever in Toronto. Hopefully I can keep the games closer because you've totally owned me online :S

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys

It was a tough series for SURE.. Xcing i was super surprised you lost given your dominance! I really thought i had a few close changes to take it home with you but you had the edge on me..

Haven't played in a 94 series for about 7 years so im dusting off the controller

Gimme Detroit and you'll see what happens!

I gotta say i don't know why my ZSNES does this but it exits out of the window randomly during a game, like it alt tabs out, some other program i can't figure out takes dominance and i lose control of my remote for that few seconds.. killed my series on an emotional level especially with all those 1 goal games. Gotta figure out a new computer situation or something

It's been good to have Exhi's with Annatar and Mikael and be able to give you guys a challenge :-)

I look forward to spring