NHL'94 Forums

Jersey Buying Suggestions

If you are willing to drop the money - buy the real thing. I've been to a lot of Leafs games, and the difference in the knock-offs vs. official products is obvious when they are stacked side by side. Some might be good, but I've seen some that are ridiculously bad. From poor stitching to poorly applied logos. It's a lottery ticket.

Buy the real thing if it's a team or player you like. If you're a collector like me, eBay, local online ads, and used hockey equipment stores may also have what you're looking for at a decent price.

These knock-offs are a roll of the dice. I have just one, a black Lightning Stamkos. The logo and stitching is actually good and the colors right on, but the jersey material is heavy & thick compared to the Edge jerseys now or even the 90's CCM's. Another friend ordered a large, and got a small; another friend ordered a medium, and got an extra large. The worst I've seen is a Canucks one. Deep blue and dark green, and it was the wrong jersey order. Buddy got the basic blue home version instead of the 'stick in the rink' third. Considering even the sizing being off & wrong jersey being sent, you're honestly better off ignoring these overseas websites.

Edited by Fiddz

Yeah I have a list of 10 jerseys that I want to buy myself one each Christmas over the next decade. My first one this year is a Joe Sakic Nordiques blue. According to both of your replies I should go for the real deal on ebay or amazon or somewhere more legit. Thank you. It's much appreciated!

Edited by orangeblack92

I general agree with buying the real thing. I have not purchased from that shop specifically but I know someone with a couple baseball jerseys from there that they really like. Personally I have a knockoff team Canada Lemieux from a similar seller and it's just awful and i won't ever wear it.

Sakic Nordiques blue is a sweet jersey btw

I have bought a blue jays jersey off ali express. While for the most part it is good, stitching is very nice. One blaring issue is the neck on it is massive for some reason. So yeah it's kind of a toss up some people end up with great jerseys.