NHL'94 Forums

modern console gaming

wallywojo

I don't own the NHL '16. I own the '15, but found it PHUCKS my '94 game up and I don't like it as much, so I stop playing.

I play Madden '15.

Is NHL '16 worth the copy/time/effort? Give us a review.

I don't own the NHL '16. I own the '15, but found it PHUCKS my '94 game up and I don't like it as much, so I stop playing.

I play Madden '15.

Is NHL '16 worth the copy/time/effort? Give us a review.

NHL 16 made me want to cry on release day. 15 was such a letdown so I expected 16 to be great, but it's just as bad if not worse. I have never quit playing an nhl game after 3 days but I haven't touched it since.

I have loved every nhl before 15, seriously. NHL 14 for ps3/xbox 360 is still the best :(

Edited by TomKabs93

i think before this the last version i played was maybe NHL 98 on PS one so i am ill suited to do any comparisons. I enjoy it because my two other buddies who live in the next subdivision over also play it so we play seasons using the position lock. For me it gives me something I do not get in 94 and also tbh i just kill them in 94 so no fun in that. The star wars game is really great though. Its FPS but you get the star wars environment and theme.

I've been playing a lot of Battlefront lately but I'm on XB1. Doesn't work for you I know, Wally but if anyone else out there is on XB1, my tag is Tigvee.

I'll play BF4, Borderlands, BF Hardline, Battlefront, GTAV

Also been collecting and playing a bit of Dreamcast these days... not sure if you can play online anymore with that system, probably not. If you can, I'm sure to do that is far above my tech know how pay grade.

Wally, I hear you on the "it's no fun if you kill them" theme.

I almost never play Madden '15 except vs CPU in season & in the Superbowl vs my brother to keep us "even". He lives downtown Chicago, and I'm in the burbs, so we almost never get together live these days for games, so if it can't be done online w/ a season mode, we don't do it.

NHL '14 on PS3 was great TK. It had the in season modes with all the cool crap. We upgraded to PS4 and grabbed NHL '15, but with the gayness PLUS no ONLINE league, just killed it for us. Since my brother traded-in his PS3 to get his PS4, we can't play NHL '14 any longer :( !!! ARGH.

NHL '94 satisfies 98% of my gaming requirements most of the time.

ALSO, I found NHL '15 to be very PLAYABLE if you went against guys you knew who didn't try to cheapen the game too much, but good luck finding someone to do that with the way they set it up.

I assume 6 vs 6 is a fun experience for NHL '16 though with the right group of guys.

That makes sense wally, if you haven't played the other recent ones I could see it still being fun. Battlefront looks pretty amazing, even tho I'm not into Star Wars movies the games are often very good.

Aw damn Brutus, that blows. If I could play 94 I wouldn't have to rely on 14 so much, but these days I play an hour or two a night with my brother lolll. It gives me a similar 'mindgame' feel like playing 94 does.

ive played one game of 6 on 6 online and it was pretty crazy. someone's connection had AIDS so there was some pausing but you could tell if the connection was good for all it could really be fun.