NHL'94 Forums

Playoff Qualification

skip

Playoffs are all best-of-7, normal 2-2-1-1-1 format, lower seed (best team) home 1st.

1 - Buffalo (IceStorm) - 78 pts, .929 win%

2 - St. Louis (Sicarius) - 68 pts, .773

3 - Montreal (MaverickZ) - 50 pts, .568

4 - Washington (Brutus) - 48 pts, .545

------------------------------------------------------------

5 - NY Islanders (JackVandal) 48 pts, .571 vs. 12 - Winnipeg (ProBob) - 50 pts (7 DNP's) = 36 pts, .676 (4-6 since Robro took over)

6 - NY Rangers (Lupz) 46 pts, .523 vs. 11 - Colorado (AtomicRaven) - 40 pts .476

7 - Edmonton (TexasPachyderm) 46 pts, .523 vs. 10 - Detroit (Darko) - 42 pts, .477

8 - Boston (Skip) 46 pts, .523 vs. 9 - Chicago (Pearate) - 46 pts, .535 (14-14 since Pearate took over)

13 - Philadelphia (Burdy) - 36 pts, .409

14 - Minnesota (Ba55i5t) - 36 pts, .409

15 - Tampa Bay (AquaLizard) - 34 pts, .386

16 - Pittsburgh (Labs) - 32 pts, .364

17 - Toronto (Jer) - 26 pts, .310

18 - Florida (Riboot) - 2 pts, .024

Top 12 teams make playoffs

(Top 4 have a bye, Division Winners are top 3 seeds) - Tiebreaker's are:

*Wins

*Most Games Played

*Head-to-Head vs. Tied Opponent(s)

*Divisional record (same division only), then Conference Record (same)

*Goals Differential

*Goals For

*Goals Allowed

*Goals Scored in Games vs. Tied Opponent(s)

Note: If three or more teams are tied for one spot, we use winning % in common games between all tied opponents as the first tie-breaker in lieu of H2H.

First Round:

Seeds 1-4 have First Round Byes (Division Winners 1-2-3)

5 vs. 12

6 vs. 11

7 vs. 10

8 vs. 9

Second Round:

1 vs. highest seed remaining (if 5 beats 12 and 11 beats 6, they play 11)

2 vs. next highest seed

3 vs. next highest

4 vs. lowest seed remaining (best team of the 1st Round winners)

Regular Season DNP's will work like classic (2 point deduction for each DNP). This will heavily affect your playoff standing.

****You must play >75% of your games to qualify for playoffs****

Edited by skip

• 3 weeks later...

Super tight race for 3-9 and for the coveted 12 slot, too!

The Atlantic Division is completely up for grabs with 2 games left for three contenders, and NYR just off the pace after finishing up this week. The three "A" guys sit atop their divisions, with BUF and STL dominating throughout. I think this has been a great season, and a fantastic "experiment" as far as this league goes. I hope to have ALL of you back for season 2, with freshly painted rosters.

This really has been a lot of fun for me, and I hope it has been equally fun for you. Thanks for joining this season, and good luck to all the rest of the way. This is a great group of buds and I hope to keep it together.

I am aiming to start the draft for season 2 when GDL regular season is over, so be aware that we may begin as early as the first week in March. I am tracking the draft, and as we go, Florida and Toronto are guaranteed #1 and #2 picks for Season 2. I'll post something about season 2 after the playoffs begin, but some of you have already signed on for season 2. You can do that here, or wait until the fresh post, or pm me, or send me smoke signals, it's all good.

-Skip

> SEASON ENDS JANUARY 25th at MIDNIGHT!

Jan 25 is a Monday. Does this mean the season ends at the end of Monday (Tue 00:00), or the start or Monday (Mon 00:00)?

I am done but am just curious...

Great Season and great ROM BTW! Nice work! :)

Edited by aqualizard