NHL'94 Forums

NHL16 ROM - Midseason Update by Skip

skip

Have you done any experiments to determine the root cause of your issues? (e.g., use one file type versus another, using different versions and doing the same thing, trying different emulators and different versions of those, etc.)

I assume most people who use ROMs and emulators do so on PCs which are generally more powerful and more stable than phones and their OSes. I'm not an expert on emulation, but I'd also surmise that PC emulators, some of which have been around, play tested, bugfixed and otherwise generally optimized over the course of years, are much better for emulation than their mobile counterparts.

In summation, it's probably unfair to blame your difficulties on the ROM since that's just the tip of the iceberg in the grand scheme of emulation. Like with anything, a bad foundation will cause problems all the way at the top.

Have you done any experiments to determine the root cause of your issues? (e.g., use one file type versus another, using different versions and doing the same thing, trying different emulators and different versions of those, etc.)

I assume most people who use ROMs and emulators do so on PCs which are generally more powerful and more stable than phones and their OSes. I'm not an expert on emulation, but I'd also surmise that PC emulators, some of which have been around, play tested, bugfixed and otherwise generally optimized over the course of years, are much better for emulation than their mobile counterparts.

In summation, it's probably unfair to blame your difficulties on the ROM since that's just the tip of the iceberg in the grand scheme of emulation. Like with anything, a bad foundation will cause problems all the way at the top.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never used my phone as a emulator for games, due to storage and battery life draining faster than a game on a 1-0 lockdown lol. I use my laptop and never have problems with handling, since then it comes down to you setting the functions of the emulator and the control pad, assuming you use that and not the keyboard for game functions.

Edited by FlyersGuy85

Just downloaded this to my Raspberry Pi and played against my roommate yesterday, awesome job! It's a lot of fun,thanks for making this. Has anyone gotten these to run on an Everdrive? The original game runs fine but I get a prog error 120 message when trying to load up the 2016 hack (I've tried version 3 and 8).

Just downloaded this to my Raspberry Pi and played against my roommate yesterday, awesome job! It's a lot of fun,thanks for making this. Has anyone gotten these to run on an Everdrive? The original game runs fine but I get a prog error 120 message when trying to load up the 2016 hack (I've tried version 3 and 8).

I have both an original Everdrive MD and a Mega Everdrive, and the games work just fine on both. Maybe try making sure that your Everdrive firmware is up-to-date?

Trade deadline ROM being posted now.

The uniforms are what they are. Have you tried to edit them in NOSE, Bill C? Try it out and you'll see why.