NHL'94 Forums

Is there any way to replace the goal siren with Doc Emerick yelling "scaaaaaaaarrrrrre"

dman72

That'd be awesome, but difficult to do. We don't know how to create new sounds (although I wonder if that knowledge is out there for other games that maybe work the same way?).

worst announcer/commenter/commentator/play-by-play guy in ALL of sports. by far. worse than nails on a chalkboard. "dumps it on back around to flip it back down on forward back to the forward playing ahead of the puck behind the play back to around the back around back." AARGH! please let this man retire.

Ew jack "my voice is actually this deep, honestly, I'm not trying to sound like this, it's natural, really" edwards. Just painful to listen to.

Bob Cole voice would make me tear up every time in pure 90s hockey passion. He could be talking pure nonsense words and I'd still feel it. Actually, that's basically Bob Cole already these days.

• 2 weeks later...

That'd be awesome, but difficult to do. We don't know how to create new sounds (although I wonder if that knowledge is out there for other games that maybe work the same way?).

do we know what file type the sounds are? If it's a common file type, most audio editing programs could do it. I could record his "scoregasm" off the television, save it as that file type, and then the question is just getting it into the code.

Sounds like it's not a very popular idea, though!! :(

do we know what file type the sounds are? If it's a common file type, most audio editing programs could do it. I could record his "scoregasm" off the television, save it as that file type, and then the question is just getting it into the code.

Sounds like it's not a very popular idea, though!! :(

This seems to suggest it's 8bit PCM (wave file basically) at 26KHz, or at least that that format is compatible.

But I don't know if that's actually how the sounds are stored, or how to put it into the ROM.

The music is not stored that way, the music is more like notes (instrument, frequency, volume, length..).